Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How many illegal punches were thrown by Nard

right in front of Joe Cortez with Joe acting as if he saw nothing?

I remember a hit on the break which JoeCal reacted to but Cortez just shrugged it of. I recall two blatant lowblows which everyone saw except for Cortez. I also remember a headbutt which almost hit Cortez where the latter acted as if that was part of the game. What a douche Cortez is. Don't they take away the licenses of incompetent refs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How many illegal punches were thrown by Nard

Who cares! The right guy won the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rene69 View Post
    Incompetent refereeing is a cause for righteous indignation, whether or not the right man won. The issue here is if the fight was fought fair and firm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JLAQ View Post
    Incompetent refereeing is a cause for righteous indignation, whether or not the right man won. The issue here is if the fight was fought fair and firm.

Well...to tell you the truth...i can't stand Cortez, so my opinion would be biased all the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well...to tell you the truth...i can't stand Cortez, so my opinion would be biased all the way.
    I knew how Cortez would ref, but I was hoping that he would change his ways because the spotlight was on him. But no, he still continued protecting his ward Nard blatantly and almost shamelessly.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember a hit on the break which JoeCal reacted to but Cortez just shrugged it of. I recall two blatant lowblows which everyone saw except for Cortez. I also remember a headbutt which almost hit Cortez where the latter acted as if that was part of the game. What a douche Cortez is. Don't they take away the licenses of incompetent refs?
    I completely disagree.

First off, no fighter has been able to get away with so many fouls like Hopkins and that has been after years in the ring with boxing's best refs. He's a master of hiding his fouls and there is nothing a ref can call if they don't see it and Joe never complained.

He did a great job of breaking them up on the inside because they tied up everytime inside and that's where the most fouls are. When Hopkins beat Winky it was because he was able to manhandle Winky with Winky tied up. Tonight Cortez was quick to not allow Hopkins the chance with a hand loose and Calzaghe tied up.

Also, he made the right decision in not penalizing Joe after his lowblow. A lot of referees would have got caught up in the heat of the moment and called the point immediately especially after a warning. He didn't and then he didn't the next time where he could have granted Bernard another rest and also penalized Joe a point.

He showed nice restraint. He's been one of the best referees of the last decade and had one bad fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post

I completely disagree.

First off, no fighter has been able to get away with so many fouls like Hopkins and that has been after years in the ring with boxing's best refs. He's a master of hiding his fouls and there is nothing a ref can call if they don't see it and Joe never complained.

He did a great job of breaking them up on the inside because they tied up everytime inside and that's where the most fouls are. When Hopkins beat Winky it was because he was able to manhandle Winky with Winky tied up. Tonight Cortez was quick to not allow Hopkins the chance with a hand loose and Calzaghe tied up.

Also, he made the right decision in not penalizing Joe after his lowblow. A lot of referees would have got caught up in the heat of the moment and called the point immediately especially after a warning. He didn't and then he didn't the next time where he could have granted Bernard another rest and also penalized Joe a point.

He showed nice restraint. He's been one of the best referees of the last decade and had one bad fight.
    Check the headbutt that Nard did on Cal, right in front of the ref. And the punch on the break in round 8 I think. Cortez saw that, even my blind grandfather would see that.

Compare that with his penalizing Hatton for anything he can come up with all the while letting Floyd throw his elbows and shoulders, you can't really say that Cortez did a good job. Fugg him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said Cortez had a bad night that night with Hatton. I think he did a fine job tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said Cortez had a bad night that night with Hatton. I think he did a fine job tonight.
    Looks like everyone disagrees with you on this one.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah all two of them this thread. Bernard has been sneaking in fouls for years against all the best refs, you can't point to two specific fouls that he happened not to penalize Hopkins for and say he was slanted. You should be lucky, Randy Neumann would have penalized Calzaghe 2 times tonight and so would a lot of other refs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah all two of them this thread. Bernard has been sneaking in fouls for years against all the best refs, you can't point to two specific fouls that he happened not to penalize Hopkins for and say he was slanted. You should be lucky, Randy Neumann would have penalized Calzaghe 2 times tonight and so would a lot of other refs.
    LOl so you're saying Joe was the dirty fighter tonight? What a trip.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now you're twisting words and you're looking for things to prove I'm on an anti-Calzaghe trip here. I didn't say he was the more dirty fighter, you can clearly see how I highlight Hopkins' dirty tactics. Joe hit below the belt twice late. A lot of refs would have docked points. It was the right decision not to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now you're twisting words and you're looking for things to prove I'm on an anti-Calzaghe trip here. I didn't say he was the more dirty fighter, you can clearly see how I highlight Hopkins' dirty tactics. Joe hit below the belt twice late. A lot of refs would have docked points. It was the right decision not to.
    Look, your point is, Hopkins has gotten away with murder with past refs. Assuming that were true, Cortez shouldve been on the look-out, as he was on the look-out in the Hatton fight. But he did not, and he let Nard conveniently headbutt and lowblow Cal in the fight. For chrissake man, those illegal blows were seen by everyone.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins hid them. You can't call what you can't see. I hate it as much as anyone, Winky is my favorite fighter but it's not the ref's fault. Hopkins hides it. Look, Cortez had no angle for those 2 low blows. And those low blows are a lot less important then a points deduction or if he let Hopkins wrestle Joe inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins hid them. You can't call what you can't see. I hate it as much as anyone, Winky is my favorite fighter but it's not the ref's fault. Hopkins hides it. Look, Cortez had no angle for those 2 low blows. And those low blows are a lot less important then a points deduction or if he let Hopkins wrestle Joe inside.

There were other illegal blows that were so blatant that even those who were sleeping in their seats saw it. Admit it, there were glaring ones that Cortez just let be.

Thread Information