Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ODLH said , that he have the ability to fight with Cotto....!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ODLH said , that he have the ability to fight with Cotto....!!

Yesterday ODLH was emphatic in say , that in 2008 will be his last year in the active boxing and emphasized that does not discard the possibility to close the year of a fight with the Champion Miguel Cotto......

He commented; " I really want come out with my hands up like a Champion , first I'm thinking in Forbes in May , then in Mayweather in Sept. and in December obviously i have to fight against the Best of the Worlds and Miguel Cotto is in this category "..........

" I does not discard Cotto , but I'm focus on Forbes right now , obviously i think that i have the skills and talent for fight Cotto , would be a great spectacular fight "..........

" Although , i don't thinking in that fight , i have my mind in Forbes , the only sure is that in December will be my last fight against a bigger opponent , i know what my body and my mind can do yet , i know what i have to do everyday and that is why I'm motivate for the Passion that i feel in this sport "................
    " I'm prepared for the time of retirement , you have to be intelligent and preparing for the future. I'm the ones that think that if the boxer return to the Ring for any other reason that isn't by the money , he will lying ".......

Well lets see how ODLH approach to end of the year........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ODLH said , that he have the ability to fight with Cotto....!!

And what if Margarito happens to beat Cotto? Will Oscar then try for him? Some seem to think a Cotto win over Tony is a foregone conclusion.

And heaven forbid Forbes whoops his tail; then what? A fight with Jason Litzau??
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll say it about any fighter the approaches the game plan I'll fight A and after i beat him fight B and after him fight C.

That is setting yourself up for disaster. However slim the chances are Forbes still has a chance of beating ODLH, then what would Cotto's camp say well ODLH didn't look very good and got beat by a guy who is naturally 135-140 pounds lets sign the contract!!

I will give this as advice to ALL fighters focus only on the fight ahead of you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Milly must have decided it's ok Oscar to fight other PR fighters afterall
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is just hyping his crap fight. He would be pissing blood for a week if he fought Cotto.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know, I doubt De La Hoya who stepped in the ring with middleweights is scared of Cotto. I think that would be a great fight and possibly a great set up to Cotto - Mayweather.

Say by some chance De La Hoya and Mayweather draw a second time around. Not likely I know but as long as we are talking hypothetical situations then it's fair game. I think that would work in everyone's interest because they don't have to rematch after that and what if De La Hoya chases Cotto? He is training in Puerto Rico, guarantee he would go for something like that.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar's best days are behind him at Welter. If he drew against Mayweather he would fight him again, after all he lost to him and there fighting again, all it would do is give him another excuse to fight him for a third time. Oscar will go out in December against a Forbes type fighter, after he looses to Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll see ODLH would give Cotto all he could handle if not more... AT this stage OScar is a way better fight than the current Mosley, and look how that fight turned out... It would be a graet fight between Cotto and Oscar, and I am way more interested for that then COtto fighting a joke like Margarito.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    We'll see ODLH would give Cotto all he could handle if not more... AT this stage OScar is a way better fight than the current Mosley, and look how that fight turned out... It would be a graet fight between Cotto and Oscar, and I am way more interested for that then COtto fighting a joke like Margarito.

Remember those words in July...you'll be eating them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow. That's awfully judgemental, don't you think? Remind me - when was the last time you were in the ring with a joke like Margarito?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You serious? Margarito is a destroyer and if you can't outbox him you are pretty much in for the worst night of your life. Win or lose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He is just hyping his crap fight. He would be pissing blood for a week if he fought Cotto.
    Either that or Cotto will be doing the spaghetti leg dance like he did against Torres and other journeymen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Either that or Cotto will be doing the spaghetti leg dance like he did against Torres and other journeymen.
    Cmon Chino that is past my friend , you better then any know that , he improved his defense , speed , boxing , lateral movement , his Jabs , still improving others skills and when the time goes by he is getting much better than expect and Devastator........

Isn't that true?..........
    Last edited by Macho; 04-25-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well , Cotto in an interview yesterday commented about ODLH interest in fight with him and he said;
    " If Oscar want fight with me , he have to make the approaches with my Company , but now im focus in Margarito "........
    " We always emphatisize our interest in fight with the Biggest Names in the WW Div..".........
    " In this moment we are focus in Margarito , in whish we are certainly sure that we going to have the victory , if Oscar want to face me , has to talk and make the approaches with Arum and my Company , we are here and we would prepare hard for face with the Best "..........

That was his commentes about the Oscar interst ...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember in 2000, Oscar had this big plan that he was going to fight 4 times and score 4 KOs. He said it over and over again. Only problem was, in fight #2 he ran into a guy named Shane Mosley.

Fortunately for Oscar, Steve Forbes is no Shane Mosley.

Thread Information