Thread: Why the hatred against ODLH?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why the hatred against ODLH?

Right now oscar isn't going to be the most popular person in town cause he's is being seen as getting in the way of bigger and better fights none of which involve him. If he could have come away destroying forbes he might have been able to spark some interest in a rematch. It's just my view but i sat watching saturday for something anything that said, hey maybe the second time around things will be a little different, there were positives, but in comparison to the level of fighter he was in against i'm not sure if oscar can really be looking forward to facing floyd again ...seems like a whole lot of months of crappy build up just to have floyd whoop oscar even worse this time. I personally don't even think we're gonna make it to a third remaining fight if he fights floyd next. That being said oscar did his job this weekend...won the fight and looked pretty decent as a whole. I see oscars best chance being floyd taking him too lightly. And spending more time trying to convince us oscar can beat him than actually getting ready for the fight. But seeing how well floyd has been as far as preperation in the past....i doubt oscar has any chance at all. I do like oscar though..just to throw that in.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    Right now oscar isn't going to be the most popular person in town cause he's is being seen as getting in the way of bigger and better fights none of which involve him. If he could have come away destroying forbes he might have been able to spark some interest in a rematch. It's just my view but i sat watching saturday for something anything that said, hey maybe the second time around things will be a little different, there were positives, but in comparison to the level of fighter he was in against i'm not sure if oscar can really be looking forward to facing floyd again ...seems like a whole lot of months of crappy build up just to have floyd whoop oscar even worse this time. I personally don't even think we're gonna make it to a third remaining fight if he fights floyd next. That being said oscar did his job this weekend...won the fight and looked pretty decent as a whole. I see oscars best chance being floyd taking him too lightly. And spending more time trying to convince us oscar can beat him than actually getting ready for the fight. But seeing how well floyd has been as far as preperation in the past....i doubt oscar has any chance at all. I do like oscar though..just to throw that in.

I do agree except for the rematch part... Like I said earlier, if he fights like he fought Forbes he's be dismantled by PBF... But... Floyd won't do much different in preparation IMO... He'll just figure that his ability to adjust and his athletisism will win the day.. Like it always does...

See, I see Oscar preparing for a totally different fight... He has Sr. in his corner and not Roach(who I see as overrated and a mercinary)... I see him Jabbing throughout and the jab getting to floyd.

Like I said months ago...

It will be Oscar's night!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't know why to hate ODLH , he sometimes uses his Technicals for attract the publicity ( Fans ) Puetoricans and Mexicans , but i don't blame him this is part of the Game ( Business ).............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    I really don't know why to hate ODLH , he sometimes uses his Technicals for attract the publicity ( Fans ) Puetoricans and Mexicans , but i don't blame him this is part of the Game ( Business ).............
    This is true...

I think alot of my resentment is misplaced as it's things that are out of his hands...

Oh well... Not really a big deal as he's still a Great fighter in my eyes...

I'm not a hatter Just not a lover either
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    I have been curious about this for a while now here in the forum. I'll say 95% of the people on this forum utterly hate ODLH. I could understand why people would hate Mayweather, Naz, Mike Tyson, Hopkins, etc. I mean, they have shown to be talk trash about others, have no charisma, unrespectful, etc. Even outside the ring. But, OSCAR?! He is far from being a trash talk, having no charisma, being unrespectful, etc. He is a gentleman and has fought whoever, just look at his resume. He has brought boxing some of the most exciting fights.
    It seems that everything he does is just wrong no matter what. Cotto faced a lesser opponent and everybody was happy. Oscar did the same thing and everybody thought that was the worse thing ever done. Someone can do whatever but if Oscar does the same then it is simply unacceptable. I don't understand.
    Let's say Oscar wins his next last 2 fights. I wonder if people in this forum will admit that he did a good job with no excuse and give him credit.

Why do you hate Oscar?
    I USED to be a fan of DLH but as POB has said...DLH has become phony...he tried too hard the other night to overplay how tough Forbes was...And that is of no disrespect to Forbes he is a hell of a nice guy and a skilled fighter but with that being said...DLH acted as though he was trying to convince people of the opposite of what that fight was....A hand picked opponent...Nothing more nothing less...anyone who says different is blinded by fanboy light....

ANYONE in the 154lb division and I am speaking of full fledged 154lb fighters would have been able to fight him....Any of the champions would have taken the fight....

Forrest would have taken the fight even with the Morea bout coming up....

He did not choose Spinks because he knows he would have sapent the night looking old and foolish....Verno Phillips would have taken the fight...again it would not have mattered to either that they fought a month ago...all this bout had to do was be moved forward 2 or 3 weeks....Alcine more then open...The payday any of them garnered for a fight with DLH would have gladly found a way to have time for him....Kirkland Baldomir, Santos.....but DLH wanted an easy night where he woukld look great and dominate...a fight where he could sit at the press conference and say "I'M BACK"...and make fans clamour for the PBF rematch......It never happened...Forbes lost but spoiled Oscars plans.....

DLH is phoney, he is about as genuine as a $3.00 bill...He was a great fighter who I will say has always made sure he fought the best....His resume may be the best in the last 50 years but....That was then this is now....Either fight or promote...Don't fight just because you can promote your bouts and always make sure you are the main attraction....Like a spoiled little girl....

and for those who like to applaud him for his brilliance of being such a successful promoter and building up GBP so much....Truth is Oscar is only the face of the company...it is his popularity that they use and while he is CEO he does very little of the operations except make sure he is present at all public functions...he does not make the fights, sign the fighters, come up with the matches, or anything else that Don King and Bob Arum did to become who they are.....Yet he will not give credit to those who do....all he ever says is "WE"....

Those are just a few of the reasons I dislike Oscar
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn View Post
    I have been curious about this for a while now here in the forum. I'll say 95% of the people on this forum utterly hate ODLH. I could understand why people would hate Mayweather, Naz, Mike Tyson, Hopkins, etc. I mean, they have shown to be talk trash about others, have no charisma, unrespectful, etc. Even outside the ring. But, OSCAR?! He is far from being a trash talk, having no charisma, being unrespectful, etc. He is a gentleman and has fought whoever, just look at his resume. He has brought boxing some of the most exciting fights.
    It seems that everything he does is just wrong no matter what. Cotto faced a lesser opponent and everybody was happy. Oscar did the same thing and everybody thought that was the worse thing ever done. Someone can do whatever but if Oscar does the same then it is simply unacceptable. I don't understand.
    Let's say Oscar wins his next last 2 fights. I wonder if people in this forum will admit that he did a good job with no excuse and give him credit.

Why do you hate Oscar?
    I USED to be a fan of DLH but as POB has said...DLH has become phony...he tried too hard the other night to overplay how tough Forbes was...And that is of no disrespect to Forbes he is a hell of a nice guy and a skilled fighter but with that being said...DLH acted as though he was trying to convince people of the opposite of what that fight was....A hand picked opponent...Nothing more nothing less...anyone who says different is blinded by fanboy light....

ANYONE in the 154lb division and I am speaking of full fledged 154lb fighters would have been able to fight him....Any of the champions would have taken the fight....

He did not choose Spinks because he knows he would have sapent the night looking old and foolish....Verno Phillips would have taken the fight...again it would not have mattered to either that they fought a month ago...all this bout had to do was be moved forward 2 or 3 weeks....Alcine more then open...The payday any of them garnered for a fight with DLH would have gladly found a way to have time for him....Kirkland Baldomir, Santos.....but DLH wanted an easy night where he woukld look great and dominate...a fight where he could sit at the press conference and say "I'M BACK"...and make fans clamour for the PBF rematch......It never happened...Forbes lost but spoiled Oscars plans.....

DLH is phoney, he is about as genuine as a $3.00 bill...He was a great fighter who I will say has always made sure he fought the best....His resume may be the best in the last 50 years but....That was then this is now....Either fight or promote...Don't fight just because you can promote your bouts and always make sure you are the main attraction....Like a spoiled little girl....

and for those who like to applaud him for his brilliance of being such a successful promoter and building up GBP so much....Truth is Oscar is only the face of the company...it is his popularity that they use and while he is CEO he does very little of the operations except make sure he is present at all public functions...he does not make the fights, sign the fighters, come up with the matches, or anything else that Don King and Bob Arum did to become who they are.....Yet he will not give credit to those who do....all he ever says is "WE"....

I agree and I thought that the most rediculous thing I've seen in a while...(I just need to reiterate cuz it went up my as sideways) Was when it talked about him going back to his roots at this tiny gym... Was it me or did the godenboy fairy vomit all over that place... New ring and all.

My favorte thing last week was the countdown where dream on is playing in the background and there is the gayest montage I've ever seen with oscar looking up thoughtfully leaning against the goldenboy plastered "OLD" gym... All it was missing was him running into the surf grappling for apollo creed...
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=PRIDE OF BOSTON;511780]

Why do you hate Oscar?

I agree and I thought that the most rediculous thing I've seen in a while...(I just need to reiterate cuz it went up my as sideways) Was when it talked about him going back to his roots at this tiny gym... Was it me or did the godenboy fairy vomit all over that place... New ring and all.

My favorte thing last week was the countdown where dream on is playing in the background and there is the gayest montage I've ever seen with oscar looking up thoughtfully leaning against the goldenboy plastered "OLD" gym... All it was missing was him running into the surf grappling for apollo creed...[/quote]

one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he could have come away destroying forbes he might have been able to spark some interest in a rematch
    Maybe, maybe not. Because if he did get KO Forbes it would be expected of people to say "Oh, he was not a big name. I am still not interested in the rematch". Like I said, people just can't approve whatever he does regardless of other fighters doing exact the same thing. I can imagine that if Oscar destroyed Forbes, he would be hated even more.
    there were positives, but in comparison to the level of fighter he was in against i'm not sure if oscar can really be looking forward to facing floyd again...
    I root for Oscar but I agree with you. If it was a big name then I would be quite happy but just having that thought in my mind that Forbes was not a top boxer then I am not as convinced.
    seems like a whole lot of months of crappy build up just to have floyd whoop oscar even worse this time

Not sure if he was even whooped the first time on that questionable SPLIT decision that was only one point away from a draw according to the judges score cards.
    It will be Oscar's night!
    Pride,
    I hope so. I'll cross my fingers.
    I think any fighter out there would be pretty dumb not to look for a bigger paycheck. Don't we all want that in our jobs as well? As for his marketing, sure, that works with him. Others are flamboyant, etc. I am not sure if Cotto has the best marketing to score some interest in Floyd. I just don't think he has complete fear and sees Cotto as a nightmare. Gotta get the bigger paycheck, that's all.
    DLH has become phony...he tried too hard the other night to overplay how tough Forbes was...
    It is called "selling the fight to the public". Just like some even go as far as talking trash about the other's mother or wife and at the end go and apologize. Some don't even apologize. It would be a bit dumb from his part to talk about how Forbes was just a tune up and make it seem boring. ANY smart fighter out there will do whatever to sell a fight.
    A hand picked opponent...Nothing more nothing less...anyone who says different is blinded by fanboy light...
    A hand picked opponent like Gomez vs Cotto, but that seems to be totally acceptable. I don't remember Cotto saying that Gomez was just a tune up or a stepping stone.
    Cotto could have done the same but he faced Gomez instead.
    DLH is phoney, he is about as genuine as a $3.00 bill...He was a great fighter who I will say has always made sure he fought the best....His resume may be the best in the last 50 years but....That was then this is now...
    Fighting Mayweather and possibliy Cotto is no "gimme", is it? Even if he is past his prime, taking those fights is something to admire, don't you think? So he is STILL facing quality opposition, let's just not focus on Forbes. Also, who else gives free fights and makes them accessible like ODLH just did this weekend?
    Are there things you respect about him and find them admirable or accomplishments? Do you think he deserves to be a hall of famer?
    Last edited by Chino; 05-05-2008 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

Why do you hate Oscar?

My favorte thing last week was the countdown where dream on is playing in the background and there is the gayest montage I've ever seen with oscar looking up thoughtfully leaning against the goldenboy plastered "OLD" gym... All it was missing was him running into the surf grappling for apollo creed...

LOL....Funny thing is he was thinking about what it would have been like to be hugging Carl Weathers on a beach while leaning on the poster...

WTF is he talking about going back to the "Old" days...DLH has not been in a sweatbox type hardcore old school gym since he was a kid....The second he made national champion as an amatuer and especially when he made the olympic team he has been in nothing but the best gyms available....

The "Old" Days....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See, whatever Oscar does is considered bad. Why would he need to fight in a worn out gym or whatever? Even PAC came over to the USA to train instead of staying in his old Manila gym. But then again, that is fine and totally acceptable, but if Oscar does it oh no no no no no, that is so bad. So what if he trains on a parking lot or in a fancy gym?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he could have come away destroying forbes he might have been able to spark some interest in a rematch
    Maybe, maybe not. Because if he did get KO Forbes it would be expected of people to say "Oh, he was not a big name. I am still not interested in the rematch". Like I said, people just can't approve whatever he does regardless of other fighters doing exact the same thing. I can imagine that if Oscar destroyed Forbes, he would be hated even more.
    there were positives, but in comparison to the level of fighter he was in against i'm not sure if oscar can really be looking forward to facing floyd again...
    I root for Oscar but I agree with you. If it was a big name then I would be quite happy but just having that thought in my mind that Forbes was not a top boxer then I am not as convinced.
    [quote
    seems like a whole lot of months of crappy build up just to have floyd whoop oscar even worse this time
    Not sure if he was even whooped the first time on that questionable SPLIT decision that was only one point away from a draw according to the judges score cards.

Pride,
    I hope so. I'll cross my fingers.

I think any fighter out there would be pretty dumb not to look for a bigger paycheck. Don't we all want that in our jobs as well? As for his marketing, sure, that works with him. Others are flamboyant, etc. I am not sure if Cotto has the best marketing to score some interest in Floyd. I just don't think he has complete fear and sees Cotto as a nightmare. Gotta get the bigger paycheck, that's all.

It is called "selling the fight to the public". Just like some even go as far as talking trash about the other's mother or wife and at the end go and apologize. Some don't even apologize. It would be a bit dumb from his part to talk about how Forbes was just a tune up and make it seem boring. ANY smart fighter out there will do whatever to sell a fight.

A hand picked opponent like Gomez vs Cotto, but that seems to be totally acceptable. I don't remember Cotto saying that Gomez was just a tune up or a stepping stone.
    Cotto could have done the same but he faced Gomez instead.
    DLH is phoney, he is about as genuine as a $3.00 bill...He was a great fighter who I will say has always made sure he fought the best....His resume may be the best in the last 50 years but....That was then this is now...
    Fighting Mayweather and possibliy Cotto is no "gimme", is it? Even if he is past his prime, taking those fights is something to admire, don't you think? So he is STILL facing quality opposition, let's just not focus on Forbes. Also, who else gives free fights and makes them accessible like ODLH just did this weekend?
    Are there things you respect about him and find them admirable or accomplishments? Do you think he deserves to be a hall of famer?
    [/quote]

Actually no you are wrong about Cotto...The other top level guys at 147.were commited...Williams just lost to Quintana, Margarito/Cintron were on the same card, Floyd is MIA...There goes any other championship bouts that could have been made that night....Cotto has an obligation to his organization to defend his belt before any unifactation....Gomez was ranked...Gomez is a natural 147 pound fighter....You are going to try and tell me a fight with Forbes a guy who struggled to make weight on the contender and has never fought above 140 and Oscar had to have a catch weight of 150 due to those reasons was an obvious or should I say logical opponent?...Especially when he could have gone for a world title?...With Aceline if any other champion was available and has not fought in over 5 months so please save the BS...NO ONE PICKS A FIGHTER NOT RANKED IN THEIR PERSPECTIVE DIVISION AND HAS NOTHING OF NOTE TO GAIN OFF A VICTORY OVER WHEN THERE ARE OTHERS WITH SOMETHING TO GAIN EG- A WORLD TITLE AVAILABLE....And the caps are so maybe you will actually think about that for a second...Shit Forbes is not even a top 25 ranked fighter at WW

Sell the fight...Someone in the game as long as Oscar has been and someone who has had as many titles as Oscar has should not be going out of their way to SELL a fight....And you don't SELL a fight after it is over

If you rememebr anything about the Cotto/Gomez fight Cotto pretty much had NOTHING to say about it....He was not going to act like it was anything more then what it was...A stay busy fight...PERIOD!!!...DLH acted as though the Forbes bout was supposed to be taken seriously as a fight that mattered....In FACT Cotto had a look on his face the whole Gomez bout that told everyone exactly what he thought of the fight...he looked bored...almost annoyed....

Who said anything about another bout with Floyd and Cotto being Gimme fights?...You did not even read what I wrote right you just imagined that....DLH is not looking to fight Cotto I promise that...He is only fightiong PBF again because he thinks last time he was shorted by the judges...Truth is that fight being so close was more of Floyd not having that good of a night rather then Oscar performing that well....

DLH has lost to EVERY elite fighter in thier prime he has ever faced....Floyd/Hopkins/Mosley/Trinidad each on top of their game when DLH faced them and each one beat him...The trinidad bout was the closest...In the Mosley rematch he performed worse the the first fight

Sure DLH deserfves to be a HOF fighter that is a stupid question to even ask...Unlike you I do not judge fighters legacy and where they deserve to be in history because I like or dislike them....I can't stand Mayweather but that does not take away from how good he is....

And give it a rest with the whole...

"let's just not focus on Forbes. Also, who else gives free fights and makes them accessible like ODLH just did this weekend?"...

You sound like pathetic school girl with a crush on the star quarterback...DLH made money off the night he did not go away with out a profit...So there goes the admirable part of that horse shit...

Dana White and the UFC do more free shows and make zero actually they lose money on some cards....

I don't see Oscar giving free fight cards to any of our fighting troops...People who really deserve it.....

There were a hell of a lot of empty seats in the arena Saturday night so there was not that much given away was ther

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See, whatever Oscar does is considered bad. Why would he need to fight in a worn out gym or whatever? Even PAC came over to the USA to train instead of staying in his old Manila gym. But then again, that is fine and totally acceptable, but if Oscar does it oh no no no no no, that is so bad. So what if he trains on a parking lot or in a fancy gym?
    Cuz goddamnit carl weathers said so... No, seriously though there is truth to grittiness inspiring hunger inspiring greatness.

And as to the HOF question?... Absolutly!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one can care less if he trains in the basement of the YMCA or in the most lavish Gym available....OSCAR IS THE ONE WHO MADE SURE THAT HE MENTIONED THE "OLD DAYS " ON TYV AND WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE SURE THAT THE GYM WAS SHOWN IN THE 24/7 SERIES.....That is no one else fault but Oscars...Please explain what need was there to put extra focus on that?...what did it have to do with anything?...

It didn't.....Think before you post...Your starting to look as stupid as he does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like ODLH hes is the man. Hes the guy everyone wants to fight, Big fight with Oscar is Big money. Its no wonder why all the fighters say "I want Oscar" because win or lose at the end of the day its a nice works paycheck..

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar De La Hoya is one of my favourite fighters of all time. I can't think of anybody in the last 15 years that has fought absolutely everybody that they should have, i.e Trinidad, Quartey, Whitaker, Vargas, Mosely, Hopkins, PBF. Look at the opposition of Hopkins or RJJ compared to ODLH, they guy never took an easy route and I rspect that

Thread Information