Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Boxer Chow - Post your Recipes Here!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxer Chow - Post your Recipes Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Would like if we could assemble a list of the best complex carbs. We all know things like pasta and so on, but I think a list would be good to have and help us mix it up and keep the meals from getting boring while still ensuring this key ingredient is being used properly. I'll give a look and get back to this thought tomorrow.
    Will get it going :

Bran, Wheatgerm, Barley, Maize, Buckwheat, Cornmeal, Oatmeal.

Pastas, Macaroni, Spaghetti etc. Brown Rice, Other Root Vegetables, Granery Bread, Brown Bread, Pita bread, Bagels, Whole grain cereals, High fibre cereals, Porridge oats, All bran, Wheetabix, Shredded wheat, Ryvita crispbread, Muesli, Cassava, Corn, Yam, Oatcakes, Peas, Beans, Lentils.
    Go back,Feur put on a great rice pudding recipe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1

Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
    2. 2

In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
    3. 3

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Coming Down(again caveat,you may leave out the nutmeg here)
    INGREDIENTS
    • 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
    • 1 pound broccoli, chopped
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 onion, finely chopped
    • 4 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1 pound firm tofu, drained
    • 1/2 cup soy milk
    • 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    • 3/4 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
    • black pepper to taste
    • 1 tablespoon dried parsley
    • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
    1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake pie crust in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
    2. Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
    3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until golden. Stir in the cooked broccoli and heat through.
    4. In a blender combine tofu, soy milk, mustard, salt, nutmeg, ground red pepper, black pepper, parsley and Parmesan cheese; process until smooth. In a large bowl combine tofu mixture with broccoli mixture. Pour into pie crust.
    5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until quiche is set. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
    To put this one in perspective,we have a community pot luck for Memorial Day
    Im just glad I used a disposable pie pan,because I think they ate that too
    And this is not Tofu land,this is West Virginia for gods sakes

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1

Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
    2. 2

In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
    3. 3

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
    I have printed out a bunch of these recipes and given them to my dad. We are eating this one tomorrow. Only using Sole fillets instead. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ingredients

Directions

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

I have printed out a bunch of these recipes and given them to my dad. We are eating this one tomorrow. Only using Sole fillets instead. Thanks!
    Oddly enough the talapia is thawing out for tonight.
    Try that Falafel recipe,we had it last night,use the one with the cucumber sauce,with a little bit of lettuce,and cut onion,it is fraggin awsome.
    Being able to work in fish and vegetarian dishes,is not only good for you,if you pick and choose your recipes,your not suffering for food.
    And doing it at your age,will set up good eating habits for life,Im thinking the same way with my son. Not only that,having an expanded pallet,will allow you to try different things on your own as you get older

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was real good, TM. The topping stuff made the fish. The sole fillets we had were a bit thin tho, so we might try a diff. kind next time.

I whipped up that mango salad as part of my contribution. The recipe from page #2. You guys seriously have to try that. I used 4 mangoes, 2 tubs of cherry tomatoes, 1 whole container of feta, and one whole sweet red onion and 2 chicken breasts. It makes enough you can eat it for 2 or 3 days as a side dish or just a snack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was real good, TM. The topping stuff made the fish. The sole fillets we had were a bit thin tho, so we might try a diff. kind next time.

I whipped up that mango salad as part of my contribution. The recipe from page #2. You guys seriously have to try that. I used 4 mangoes, 2 tubs of cherry tomatoes, 1 whole container of feta, and one whole sweet red onion and 2 chicken breasts. It makes enough you can eat it for 2 or 3 days as a side dish or just a snack.
    Try cutting back ever so slightly on the salt next time,just had it tonight myself
    Talapia is a South Pacific fish,so you definitly want the lemon juice to cut the fishy flavour a little.
    But Im really glad you dug it
    As the whole reason I started this thread,eating healthy doesnt have to be a total drag. In this sport maintaining weight is the most facist aspect your going to run in to. You have to be at the weight your manager sold you at. You shouldnt have to live like a monk to achieve it though.
    And yeah try that with the Talapia next time,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good eatins
    Last edited by Trainer Monkey; 05-29-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spice Pancakes
    I haven't gotten around to trying this one yet, but I plan to very soon. These look like they would be a good energy food that can be worked in for loosing, or maintaining by controlling quantity

Ingredients:

2 eggs (you can probably swap this out for tofu if you are looking to cut cholesterol)
    2 c. all purpose flour
    1 c. milk (or you can use soy milk instead)
    4 T. vegetable oil
    6 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    3 T. sugar
    1 c. applesauce
    Pinch of ginger (or allspice if you don't have ginger)
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. ground cloves
    1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Directions:

Mix all ingredients. Lightly coat a large skillet with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat. Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble. This makes a large batch that freezes and reheats well and they smell wonderful!
    Last edited by FeuerFrei; 05-29-2008 at 01:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's another one that is good for coming up in weight. You can use during maintaining weight but you'll want to closely monitor your portions. It's got plenty of carbs in it.

Boston Baked Beans for the Crock Pot,
    Vegetarian Style

· 2 1/2 cups dried navy or kidney beans, soaked 5 hours
    · 1/3 cup molasses
    · 1/4 cup brown sugar
    · 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
    · 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
    · 1 teaspoon Bakon yeast (available at health food stores)
    · 2 teaspoons tamari
    · 2 medium onions, chopped into large pieces
    · 2 bay leaves
    · 3 cloves garlic, minced
    · 1 teaspoon salt
    · freshly cracked pepper

After soaking the beans overnight (at least 5 hours), drain the beans, cover with fresh water, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Then drain again. Whisk together the molasses, sugar, mustard, cayenne, Bakon yeast, and tamari in a bowl, then mix with the beans and add the onions, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Place in a crock pot and add water to cover the beans. Cover and cook on low until the beans are very soft, 7 to 8 hours. Check periodically and add more water, if needed, to keep the beans from drying out.

Serves 6.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone want to have a go at making a healthy pizza? I know people say that pizza's are actually healthy for you, but I am not so sure and admit I haven't researched it at all. So before I start googling healthy pizza and its combinations, anyone have any tips, recipes to begin with?

I'll begin with the obvious, make it whole wheat and don't have 6 orange pop with it. That's a start...anyone care to add?

Pizza!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Make your own Tomatoe paste instead of using the ones in the shops which are loaded with sugar/additives and use a variety of vege's and lean meats would be my best guess.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's a website with a buncha healthy pizza recipes.

Healthy Pizza Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Boiled chicken is meant to be the business.
    It's also reputed to be tasteless though.
    Sorry I'm just getting to this part. I don't get on line very much. I've heard that boiled chicken is the business too. I was thinking that to try to give it a little flavor you might want to try adding some herbs and spices to the water you are boiling your chicken in to cook some flavor in. Something like basil and oregano or something maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is a CHana masala (Chickpea curry) recipe that I made the other day. I add chicken to it too.

Fry some chopped onions and garlic ( 2 cloves) until soft. Garlic is optional. In a separate pan boil about 5 cups of water with a chicken stock cube.

2. Add about 2 teaspoons of finely chopped ginger and fry for about 2 minutes. Make sure the pan isnt too hot or it will burn.

3. Add 2 teaspoons of tumeric and then throw in 1 or 2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces.

4. Once the chicken is cooked, pour in a can of chopped tomatoes, the chicken stock, and a can of chickpeas. I also add some some brocolli and aubergine. Also add a bay leaf and a few cardamom pods if you have them available.

5. Add some salt and black pepper, and about 2 tablespoons of garam masala. Bring it to the boil and let it simmer until it thickens (will take about 30-50 minutes).

You dont have to be strict with measurements of tumeric and garam masala. About 2 spoons of each tastes right to me but its really individual preference.
    Its a very mild curry and its fairly easy to make. With rice it should do 4 fairly large portions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another good cheat,is pre-made marinades
    A company called World Harbors makes some kick butt ones.
    Just start your meat marinading and either broil or grill,it'll shunt off the fat of the meat
    Tonight,Cheryaki Chicken,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thread Information