Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Boxer Chow - Post your Recipes Here!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxer Chow - Post your Recipes Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Curious to get people's thoughts on what is a good steak to eat. Always have a freezer full of them. The one's I like best are rib steaks for the taste, but I know they get that taste from the large amount of fat/marble in them, as opposed to say a round steak or a cut like that.

Is there really much difference? Am basically eating them cuz heck, who doesn't like steak, and the fact it is meeting my protein needs.

Anyone, anyone...Bueller?
    Round cuts are good,mignons are good,and New York Strip Streaks are good,round cuts are a little tougher,but you can get by that with a good marinade,or a meat tenderizer
    A ribeye (aka delmonico or entricot) has the most fat. Strip steaks and steak tips are also fatty. Chuck is tough but flavorful and best used in pot roasts and stews.

Tenderloin is very tender and not too high in fat. As a rule, the more fat, the more flavor. This is why you will see Filet Mignon usually served with a sauce while Strip and Ribeye steaks are often served only seasoned.

For a lean steak, I enjoy Rumpsteak when I can find it. I give it a few whacks with a kitchen mallet, season it up nice, and pan sear it. It's a little chewier than the premium cuts, but it's cheaper, leaner, and has a nice flavor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    Curious to get people's thoughts on what is a good steak to eat. Always have a freezer full of them. The one's I like best are rib steaks for the taste, but I know they get that taste from the large amount of fat/marble in them, as opposed to say a round steak or a cut like that.

Is there really much difference? Am basically eating them cuz heck, who doesn't like steak, and the fact it is meeting my protein needs.

Anyone, anyone...Bueller?
    Round cuts are good,mignons are good,and New York Strip Streaks are good,round cuts are a little tougher,but you can get by that with a good marinade,or a meat tenderizer
    A ribeye (aka delmonico or entricot) has the most fat. Strip steaks and steak tips are also fatty. Chuck is tough but flavorful and best used in pot roasts and stews.

Tenderloin is very tender and not too high in fat. As a rule, the more fat, the more flavor. This is why you will see Filet Mignon usually served with a sauce while Strip and Ribeye steaks are often served only seasoned.

For a lean steak, I enjoy Rumpsteak when I can find it. I give it a few whacks with a kitchen mallet, season it up nice, and pan sear it. It's a little chewier than the premium cuts, but it's cheaper, leaner, and has a nice flavor.
    On a strip,its easy enough to cut the majority of the fat off,and give it to the dog,he wont complain,and its not like he has a fight coming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On a strip,its easy enough to cut the majority of the fat off,and give it to the dog,he wont complain,and its not like he has a fight coming up.
    You can trim the fat off the outside of a strip, it's still pretty well "marbled." Marble is the fat content within the steak itself. When I'm looking for a steak strictly for the pleasure of eating, I look for that in a steak, but if you are looking for the leanest cut of beef, you want to avoid cuts with too much marbling. For certain a strip is a better choice than a ribeye, but even if you cut the fat off the edges, it's not exactly a lean cut. If you are in serious training, trimming that fat is a must.

You are right, top round steaks are the leanest, but they need a marinade, a mallet and some meat tenderizer. I don't really enjoy them that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can trim the fat off the outside of a strip, it's still pretty well "marbled." Marble is the fat content within the steak itself. When I'm looking for a steak strictly for the pleasure of eating, I look for that in a steak, but if you are looking for the leanest cut of beef, you want to avoid cuts with too much marbling. For certain a strip is a better choice than a ribeye, but even if you cut the fat off the edges, it's not exactly a lean cut. If you are in serious training, trimming that fat is a must.

You are right, top round steaks are the leanest, but they need a marinade, a mallet and some meat tenderizer. I don't really enjoy them that much.
    You must be getting different cuts then I do here,no biggie,its just how the butcher cuts them first,and that does vary region to region,ours arent that marbled,theres just the underskin fat to worry about,and I just slice that off,cause even if I wasnt weight watching,I think its kind of gross tasting anyway. The dog on the other hand thinks he's having a great day when I kick it in to his dish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wheres the best place to find firm tofu in the UK?

I only find the silky stuff which is nice but it falls apart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can also learn how to make your own tofu.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That could be an interesting venture, it looks pretty simple to make, whereabouts to find nigari? Would I find some at the local asian grocers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't know, my mother used to make it, but I never made any myself. You can check asian grocers, health food stores too. You might might want to see if they have any at a larger grocery store.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pacs fave food before the fight

tinolang manok

green papaya
    chicken
    ginger
    chili leaves
    salt pepper

boil water
    add chicken
    add ginger
    let boil
    add papaya
    simmer for 5mins
    add salt and pepper

eat with plain rice

fave snack of pac after training

fresh milk and a banana

fave food of pac after a fight

a humongous steak!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question Re: Boxer Chow

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post
    Recipes baby
    Lets face it,its come up repeatedly,what to eat?
    Post em if you got them
    Hopefully Chris stickies this
    But you cant eat crap all your life and expect to make weight,also specify if your eating it to go up or come down in weight
    Sure thing TM. Let there be light.

Anyways here lays the hidden recipes cut and pasted from the well guarded scrolls of a 5,000 year old gourmet master:

Enter the Oatmeal
    1. Throw in your chosen amount of old fashioned or quick oats (not the instant garbage).
    2. Cook for 5 minutes (or longer if you like snot...).
    3. Add your choice of fruit (frozen works well to cool it down.).
    -e.g. strawberries, cherries, mangos, kiwi, avocado, bananas, kumquats, you name it.
    4. Add your choice of flavoring.
    -e.g. honey, real vanilla extract, choco, cinnamin, spices, almond extract, toe nail clippings, old coffee grinds, blood from 1 year old goat, etc...
    5. Top it off with a cup immense gratitude and skim milk if you so desire. You may also add cassein protein to get ready for the long day ahead.

Note: It's always a good idea to use natural sweeteners apart from sugar, such as fruits and/or honey.

Elixer of Zeus (aka Protein Shake)
    1. First off, throw in your choice of fruit. This should be done first to allow the blender to do its work without spinning its wheels.
    2. Add liquid. (e.g. skim milk, fruit/vegetable juices, anti-freeze, love juices, etc.)
    3. Add your choice of protein. (e.g. whey, cassein, powdered milk, crunchy peanut butter, buffalo chunks, etc.)
    4. Add your choice of flavoring. (see 'Enter the Oatmeal', example #4)
    5. Add some crushed ice.
    6. Press the WerRrRrrRRrrr button.
    7. Thank Zeus for such a glorious meal and enjoy.

Take that Betty Crocker!

I know im about a year behind from your post but reading through this has brought something to light.

Im not sure wether you remember but the other day i mentioned to you that i have always had a problem problem with putting weight on/off. I have always hovered aroung the 130-133 lb mark no matter whether i lived and ate healthy or lived and ate like a slob.

I weighed myself yesterday and i have put on about 6 lb, the only thing i have done differently in terms of food is eating 1-2 bowls of porridge oats every day for the last 1-2 weeks

(this wasn't for any purpose other than the fact i love the stuff and havn't had it since i was a kid)

Is it possible that this has been the reason for such a drastic change?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

baked spring rolls (either with tofu or boiled chicken)

they're awesome, and good for in between meals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ingredients
    1. 300g carrots
    2. Knobs of butter
    3. 1 tsp grated orange zest
    4. Juice of 1 large orange
    5. 1/2 tsp ground or crushed coriander seeds
    6. 2 (about 180-200g each) white fish fillets, such as cod, haddock, hake or tilapia (this is also great with fillets of organic or wild salmon)
    7. 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
    8. 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into fine matchstick shreds
    9. 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
    10. 1/2-1 fresh green chilli, deseeded and finely shredded (optional)
    11. 2-3 slices fresh orange
    Method
    1. 1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cut out two 35cm rounds of baking paper or kitchen foil. Set aside. Peel and cut the carrots into long thin slices, then again to make long, thin matchstick strips. Place the carrots in a medium-sized pan with a small knob of butter, the orange zest and juice and coriander seeds. Add some water to come just below the surface of the carrots, then cook, uncovered, over a high heat until the carrots are almost tender and the liquid has evaporated. (Keep checking them to make sure they do not burn.) Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and divide the cooked carrots between the baking paper or foil circles.
    2. 2. Place a piece of fish on each pile of carrots, then scatter the spring onions, ginger shreds, fresh coriander and finely shredded green chilli (if using) over the fish.
    3. 3. Cut each orange slice in half and place 2-3 orange halves on each piece of fish. Season with salt and pepper and add a knob of butter to each parcel. Fold over the baking paper or foil and twist and fold the edges to create a really tight seal. Place the foil or baking paper bags on a baking tray and cook on the centre shelf of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Open the bags and serve.
    Nutritional info

Per serving: 332 kcals, 14.2g fat (8.1g saturated), 35g protein, 17g carbs, 15.3g sugar
    tip

Orange works well with fish, often better than the more usual, sharper lemon. And orange is delicious with sweet roots, such as carrots, parsnips and sweet potatoes. Serve this easily prepared dish with microwaved spinach or steamed broccoli.

El Kabong Guest

For anyone looking for good lean protein I think you guys should take a look at bison and venison meat....hardly any fat in those at all. You can make stews or burgers with the ground meat and just cook the medallions like you would a piece of tuna, they are best served medium rare.

I did a veggie stir fry the other night: 1 red pepper, 1 red onion, 3 zucchini, 1 package mushrooms, 1 package cherry tomatoes....seasoned with garlic, pepper, italian herbs, and olive oil.

As for oatmeal, if you add a scrambled egg into your oatmeal it does wonders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for your share.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats everyones favourite mass/weight gainers?

Thread Information