Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Douglas that beat Tyson V The Bowe that beat Holyfield

An idea from another thread........

IMO 2 of the great heavyweight performances, although not from 2 of the Heavyweight greats. If they had met each other on the night they both provided their best ever performance, what do you think would've happended?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Douglas that beat Tyson V The Bowe that beat Holyfield

I think tyson would have jumped out of the crowd and gave both of them a spanking.
    THE SKY IS THE LIMIT NOT THE LIMIT IS THE SKY

El Kabong Guest

Yes and then Tyson would ride a rainbow to Fantasyland.

Bowe would whip Douglas...Douglas didn't get pressured enough in the fight with Tyson. Hell Tyson's corner had to convince him to keep fighting between each round.

Bowe lost ONCE to a prime Holyfield...other than a prime Lennox Lewis I don't see many guys beating Bowe.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Yes and then Tyson would ride a rainbow to Fantasyland.

Bowe would whip Douglas...Douglas didn't get pressured enough in the fight with Tyson. Hell Tyson's corner had to convince him to keep fighting between each round.

Bowe lost ONCE to a prime Holyfield...other than a prime Lennox Lewis I don't see many guys beating Bowe.
    I agree Lyle ,Bowe would ko douglas.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I think Bowe would win too. Hard to see many fighters that could've coped with him on that particular night

ICB Guest

Well i think Douglas's performance against Tyson is slightly overrated to be honest. Yes he fought a very good fight but lets remember Tyson had no head movement and for some reason his offense was not there at all and he was basically a punchbag for a lot of the fight, I would rate Bowe's performance higher for the simple reason that was Holyfield fighting at his best. But saying that maybe Douglas's jab and outside skills would trouble Bowe, remember Bowe shouldn't of beat Tony Tubbs, Tubbs out boxed him on the outside, and Golota did destroy Bowe's jab with his own jab. Now i know Bowe was past his prime but still thats a good point to debate there, and on the other hand Douglas's stamina was seriously suspect. I think Bowe stops Douglas round about the 9th round, he would pressure Douglas constantly and Douglas's suspect stamina would let him down.

By the way BIG H i think Ali against Williams, Holmes against Shavers 1, Frazier against Ali 1, were better performances.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Well i think Douglas's performance against Tyson is slightly overrated to be honest. Yes he fought a very good fight but lets remember Tyson had no head movement and for some reason his offense was not there at all and he was basically a punchbag for a lot of the fight, I would rate Bowe's performance higher for the simple reason that was Holyfield fighting at his best. But saying that maybe Douglas's jab and outside skills would trouble Bowe, remember Bowe shouldn't of beat Tony Tubbs, Tubbs out boxed him on the outside, and Golota did destroy Bowe's jab with his own jab. Now i know Bowe was past his prime but still thats a good point to debate there, and on the other hand Douglas's stamina was seriously suspect. I think Bowe stops Douglas round about the 9th round, he would pressure Douglas constantly and Douglas's suspect stamina would let him down.

By the way BIG H i think Ali against Williams, Holmes against Shavers 1, Frazier against Ali 1, were better performances.
    Agreed on Ali v Williams - possible the most complete display of heavyweight boxing I have ever seen!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson made Douglad look good. Lets not forget if there were any justice and underprepared Tyson would have won that fight in round 8 anyway .

Bowe didnt get lucky like Douglas, Bowe worked his way up and took the zero of an all time great in Evander Holyfield . That was a great achievement . Douglas would not have found Bowe with his left hand as he did Tyson . Neither could he pepper him with shots and line him up . It would be a totally different type of fight and i think Bowe would overcome Douglas and stop him in the middle rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed Tyson's movement that night was none existent, he was nose diving in his career and Douglas just happened to be the guy there at the right time, Douglas didn't do anything else really and got bashed up by Holyfield straight after, Bowe would have destroyed him.

El Kabong Guest

Douglas had to fight every second of that fight it was a tough tough fight for him but he did a great job and moved and put his punches together very well

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been thinking on this one.I might be off the reservation here....I think that Douglas stood a very strong chance of Beating That Bowe.Few and far between were the Similiar sized,large power-fluid jabbing & Moving Heavyweights that Bowe had faced and done well against.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Bowe would have stopped that Douglas late
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

El Kabong Guest

Douglas ate a hell of an uppercut from Tyson but Tyson wasn't able to follow up.

Riddick rocked Evander Holyfield with an uppercut that damn near took his head off AND he followed up...if not for Evander's freakish ability to take punches he would have been KO'd right then and there.

Buster wouldn't have gotten hyped for a fight vs Bowe like he did vs Tyson there were a lot of things that made him special on that night and even then he wouldn't beat Bowe

Thread Information