Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Friday Night Fights Buffet (Let's Talk Here) + Chris Byrd Talk!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Byrd:Ex-champ punished in lightheavy bout...+ even more shocking news...

Added some more news...

Seems thats it for Byrd...Not the most exciting to watch,but he had class and was good for boxing...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Byrd:Ex-champ punished in lightheavy bout...+ even more shocking news...

wow..."Byrd reportedly became unresponsive when a combination of valium and morphine were administered in his dressing room to relieve pain from a dislocated shoulder..."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

his wife better stick to that. He's done, shot to pieces.

They were saying on ESPN that he hurt his shoulder after he got knocked down in the ninth.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    his wife better stick to that. He's done, shot to pieces.

They were saying on ESPN that he hurt his shoulder after he got knocked down in the ninth.

Yea he went down from the KD in the 9th really badly, think he hurt the shoulder then.. When they showed clips of the stoppage it looked like his shoulder was ok before he went down, then when they put him on the stool it's clearly hanging lower than the other one. I have no idea what Byrd must have been thinking to drop to 175, wouldn't he have been able to tell in sparring that he was going to get badly hurt?? He had absolutely no legs and no punch resistance whatsoever. It was very alarming the way he was being hurt, such an odd delayed reaction to only decent punches that didn't even land fully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Happy hes ok. I hope he doesnt fight again and doubt he will. He didnt look healthy last night. He has put a lot of wear and tear on his body. Hes a good guy and deserves to enjoy life from this point on..outside the ring.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man, he looked like a shell of his former self... He looked so slow and tired the whole fight... Then, that 9th round knockdown... Gezus!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was sad to watch, he really looked physically poor. He gets KO'd and gimps up his sholder, then they what, OD him on morphine and valium, WOW. Very bad night for Chris Byrd.
    Last edited by WEILAND; 05-17-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WEILAND View Post
    It was sad to watch, he really looked physically poor. He gets KO'd and gimps up his sholder, then they what, OD him on morphine and valium, WOW. Very bad night for Chris Byrd.

LOL, I couldn't help but find this post a bit funny... It REALLY was a bad night... Geezus
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have only seen Shaun George fight two other times, once when he fought Richard Hall last year and once when he was blown out by Matt Godfrey. He is a decent fighter with heart but in no way world class. Chris Byrd of old would have had an easy night with a fighter like that and hardly touched.

It was painful to see Chris abused in the ring by a fighter half his caliber. The worst part was watching the expressions on his face and the confusion in his corner. He knew he was done from halfway through round 1. I really felt bad after the fight when he was apologizing to his family for losing. I think Chris was more embarrassed then anything.

I am glad he is OK. He was a great warrior in the ring and has nothing left to do but look back on a career to be proud of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WEILAND View Post

LOL, I couldn't help but find this post a bit funny... It REALLY was a bad night... Geezus

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its all over for Chris. He had the body of a chizzled Light Heavyweight but the speed of a heavyweight still and the chin of a lightweight.

Time to hang em up. It was a pretty remarkable career for him really.
    Boring lil spoilier that he was! lol.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Friday Night Fights Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli surfs 'Nawlins View Post
    We need to see more fighters from Asia/Orient over here....All in All They really get little respect Imo,
    The same-day webcast of WBA lightweight champion Jose Alfaro defending his crown against Yosuke Kobori from Tokyo, Japan, will be available worldwide to fans logging on to DonKingTV.com on Monday (May 19) at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT (1 a.m. GMT)
    Niiiice....Missed this last night. Thanks alot For heads up Diane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Friday Night Fights Buffet (Let's Talk Here) + Chris Byrd Talk!!

As much as everybody hates Tarver he nailed the call on this one. He said that Chris of late wasn't doing the things that allowed him to be successful against the big guys anymore: Head movement, using foot speed, and punching at angles. He said that Byrd would lose if he fought like that, and that he would have to be the Chris of old to win.

It was sad to watch, but what a boxing family! His son made sure he congratulated George, and everybody was so calm afterward. I hope Chris' brother Patrick has retired, he looked bad last I saw him and he's got a lot of losses.

Chris could probably train. I wonder if his son is already boxing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't get to see this Franco kid, I know he won but how did he look? Also how did Escobedo look?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    I didn't get to see this Franco kid, I know he won but how did he look? Also how did Escobedo look?

Your name is creepy! I feel dirty! Stop watching me!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information