Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lightbulb A nice idea for Grey

Joe, or as many of you know him Grey, hasn't been been on here for a while now. He was one of few guys on here that really knew his boxing, and enjoyed sharing his knowledge on the sweet science. Besides having a strong conviction for his own ideas, I have never seen him get angry. Joe was always pleasant to be around, and was willing to help those around him. Anyways before this sounds even more like a Eulogy, I'd like to get straight to an idea that I mentioned to Andre last week.

I was thinking that we could all pitch in some nice comments about and for him, and I'll organize it all into an email that we can send to him.

So if you have any nice experiences that you'd like to share, or perhaps just some best wishes or notes of appreciation, you can post it here and in a week from now it'll be sent in an email to Joe. I bet that if he ever gets around to reading it that it'd mean a lot to him. It'd be terrific to have him back here.

If you have something personal that you would like to say to him yourself, then you can send me PM and I'll give you his email address, otherwise it'll be sent altogether.
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A nice idea for Grey

I would definetly like to show my appreciated for all the wisdom Grey imparted in this training section... He 100% new his shit from head to toe,, and he could explain it like no other...
    Nothing substitutes a good trainer correcting your technique, but if Grey set himself the task of describing how to correctly train yourself and throw a perfect hook or uppercut,,,,, you could be sure that what was written would be exactly how to throw a perfect hook....
    Any question you had regarding technique, you could gather up answers, but a question was never fully answered until Grey had wrapped his words around it...

I was still training and learning when I first came on the board, and I learnt so much from his posts... In a lot of cases, I got more insight and tips from him, than I did from the 3 trainers i've had in person... Apart from being able to offer such specific detail, he was also able to offer up very simple concepts that could be applied immediately to improve your entire punch..

I made correction after correction to my form following reading his posts, and it only led to improvement...

So definate respect to Grey for being around here and being generous enough to impart his knowledge any time it was needed...

Absolutely one of the most missed and valuable members to be a part of Saddo's...

A lot of the new people don't get that wisdom anymore, but should be really encouraged to run a search back to when grey was posting... There was just a tonne of great stuff that deserves to be read again and again for anyone wanting to improve there boxing skills..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On a personal note though,, hope he's doing well with whatever he's up to these days!! He's a great guy and deserves for life to be treating him well..

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In life there are Givers and Takers Joe was a Giver simply he had a lot to give. I certainly miss the old fella, I knew where he was coming from Top Man.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

ICB Guest

To be honest i never really spoke to him but i did enjoy reading his helpful comments so i hope he gets back soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy is a legend, I still read his posts from the archived section which are put so well and are easily understood. I would not have improved as quickly without the advice he had given on this forum so I thank him for that. I hope he's having a great life because guy's like him (and many other's on this forum) deserve it.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude. one word. Important/Useful posts (okay so its not one word). Goldmine. Posters like him and all you other guys make Saddo what it is. Im really surprised this site doesnt have more traffic or an influx of noobs like me asking whats what. But then again thats why i like this site, a close knit community of people who know their shit. Greysonotold is a big contributor to that IMO.

but no joke, i've lurked around forums but you guys are the real deal. Like i said before, the best online trainers a guy could have.
    Last edited by southpawed; 05-20-2008 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I came around after he left, but have read many of his posts and enjoy them, and have also used some of the tips. Would like if you could let him know his advice is still being appreciated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, Greynotsoold - you are one of the guys who's posts I pay a lot of attention too. As someone who is just starting out, a lot of the stuff that you say is over my head but I'll be coming back to it as I progress.

Your posts on how to fight southpaws and getting proper leverage with your shots were very, very helpful to me.

Hope you are keeping well mate, all the best.
    "I take good care of my people. I like to inflict permanent psychological damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wait sorry if i missed something major..but where'd he go again?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely one of the most knowledgable posters I have seen on here in all my years - top fella, wish him well!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Along with Scrap, his responses were the ones I'd go to first.

Especially remember the detailed posts he gave on blocking and countering (when I was a n0ob), seems so long ago now but they've been engrained in me since, top poster.
    Last edited by Bomp; 05-23-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: two o's in noob. not nob

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its nice to be appreciated. Thanks.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whereve you been you silly old cunt missed you
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hows it going Grey?

Thread Information