PACNUTS PROVIDE THE HITS

By Nick Alejo
PhilBoxing.com
Thu, 22 May 2008

I say:

Pacman ranks #4 in my P4P list...
Pacquiao only fought over the hill mexican legends...
Pacquiao never fought an A-level black boxer... ledwaba is not a black boxer...
I believe Guzman will beat Manny Pacquiao...
Pacquiao is avoiding Guzman...
Pacman will escape to 140 to fight Hatton to avoid Guzman...

Did I get your attention Paclanders?

Sometimes it's annoying, but ofentimes it's funny reading these kind of articles. Lately, these type of write-ups are springing like poisonus mushrooms on the WWW. Either these writers are real Pac-hater, pacfan-hater or just plain flat envious of Pacquiao's on and even off-ring accomplishments, but honestly, i'm more inclined to believe that these self-proclaimed boxing experts are just intentionally writing negative articles about Pacquiao in order to get more hits on their websites/blogs. They are playing with the thousands of passionate and emotional pacfans, and I'd say they are succeeding.

It is also entertaining and at the same time amusing how Pacfans oftentime fell victim to these absurd articles. A writer would invent... err... write a negative article about Manny and all the Pacnuts/Pacmaniacs (as these writers refer to us), would leave comments at the bottom of the article.

Just to remind you guys, the more hit a website generates, the better for them. When I say hit, I'm referring to the unique IP that is regsitered once you enter a website. In layman's term, it means when you click their website link, you give them that precious hit they've been drooling for. So the more you reply to their non-sense articles, the more you visit their blogsite, the more hits they get. The more hits they get the better for their site ranking. So, instead of reacting violently and posting your sentiments on their blogsite, why not try to refrain from clicking their website link. Avoid browsing their website like you avoid your officemate who brushes his teeth 2x a week. This way you save yourself from possible hypertension and heart attack, while at the same time depriving them of your precious hit.

Going back to some of their absurd articles, how can a person say Ledwaba is not black because he didn't fought like Ali or Sugar Ray Leonard? Last time I check, black is under the category of color not style. They can always make a case that it was only a figure of speech but as far as I'm concerned it will always look like they're looking for ways to discredit Manny's accomplishments.

Also, how would you refer to a person who perceives that Manny's jumping to higher weights, fighting champions and the divison's best on his first bout, like what did when he fought MAB at 126, Eric at 130 (2nd fight after HV), now Diaz at 135, probably soon Hatton at 140, is because he's avoiding a fighter like Guzman who hasn't really proven himself against quality opponents. How do you refer to him Pacnuts? ... Really? you'll call that person *&#($%*#*. Well, me too.

Wait, I'm almost done, but this I'm having real difficulty finding a sane reply, when they say that Manny built his aura of invincibility by fighting the likes of Morales, Larios, Barrera, Marquez, which these scribes refer to as old and over the hill fighters. If these sure HOFamers didn't pass these writers' requirement as a worthy opponent for Pacquiao, then who else is there to fight at featherweigh? Maybe, St.Claire? Chris John? or perhaps that great Dominican guy, who is the reincarnation of Ali in their eyes. Yeah right, (drumroll please...) The Greatest - Joan Guzman.

Either Nunez has a deep well of $$$ he disposes for PR fund or Joan Guzman simply has too much charisma in his eyes that some writers tend to believe that he is the next P4P king. You see, I always had this puzzled look on my face whenever I read articles hinting that Manny Pacquiao is avoiding Guzman, or something like Joan is the man that will eventually stop Manny.
Listen, Im not saying that it would be an easy fight for Manny in case he meets Guzman, because I believe if Guzman would run... err fight like he did against Sotto as he had done in most of his fights, Manny will definitely have a hard time... a hard time running after him inside the ring. So, I say to these writers, let Guzman fight Eric Morales or Barrera or JMM. Yes, these old over the hill mexican trio that you refered to as slow, and let us see if your boy Guzman can beat even one of these great Mexican Warriors.

Fact is Manny is not avoiding Guzman. He never avoided anyone. Wait, I heard someone said Juan Marquez - oh common... pleasee, Manny fought him twice already, how can that be avoiding. Going back to Guzman - fact is, there isn't really much interest (money) with this bout. Fans want to see exiciting fights and fighters who go toe to toe. Jim Lampley said it best when he said "Manny Pacquiao fights, the way you want to see a fighter fight." Boxing fans want to see fighters who let it all hang out in the ring, not the MC Hammer type who dances around the ring playing cat and mouse. This is the very same reason why Juan Marquez lurked in the shadows of Barrera and Morales because of his counter punching approach.
Although there maybe some fans that prefer watching this kind of style which is technical, most fans refer to it as boring, a snoozer... And Joan fights like JMM, only down a few level compared to Juan. To prove that he is not a draw, it was reported that Guzman was supposed to get only US$180,000 for his title defense against Alex Arthur. Compare this to Diaz who will get approximately US$800,000 - US$900,000 for staking his crown against the Pacman. And Pacquiao... well, you probably know by now how much he will get. Maybe this is the main reason (please remove the maybe) why some scribes are hyping Guzman for Pacman. Were they promised a box of beer in case Joan lands the Manny Pacquiao Lottery? Just asking.

So dear Pacnuts, don't be fooled by some blogger's trap. Whenever they write negative things about Manny, maybe they just want your attention and they're hoping they'll get your precious hit. So, just let it slide. It would be a lot better if you do not click their website/blogsite link. Avoiding their site would mean more damage than posting uncalled for remarks (I have to admit some comments are really way below the belt) but heck, how do we know it's not the writer himself who posted this while using a pinoy-sounding username or maybe it was posted by a person using multiple usernames, or maybe a mexicans pretending to be pinoys and vice versa. Anyone can pretend to be someone else on the net. Our company driver tells his chatmate he's a local version of Tom Cruise/J.Depp.

Bottomline, let some scribes write negative things about Manny, like he's fought only old, slow and washed up Mexicans; that he's avoiding black Nate, avoiding black Guzman, avoiding Calzaghe, avoiding Taylor, avoiding The Undertaker and avoiding megatron -- remember they need to do this sometimes for the hit.

So maybe while they earn a few bucks from the click you give to their blogsite, enough for them to buy a new pair of Nike rubber shoes, which by the way pays Pacquiao just to wear it, Pacman will continue to fight top level fighters and earn huge payday everytime he climbs up the ring. While we, Pacnuts, along with other boxing fans continue to be treated to thrilling fights from boxing P4P most exciting boxer -- Manny Pacquiao.

Final note: I'm not a professional writer nor Am I getting paid to write this or to hype any boxer, and I'm definitely not a boxing expert. I'm just an ordinary avid boxing fan... on my early 30's... expressing my views...