Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default FNF - Aaron Williams & Jason Estrada

I think he's a very interesting prospect. Have to say Amat beat me to it on him.

Very crafty for a young prospect. I think his punching power has yet to really tested but he doesn't seem feather fisted. Pretty quick. Maybe a bit small for cruiser

Anyway he's fighting Jose Luis Herrerra. 15-4 with 15 KO's all four losses by KO. A Columbian. He did knock out George "Honey Boy" Blades, that guy who was rumored to fight Tarver for a little bit, in 3 last time out (took Zsolt Erdei 11 to do it for what that's worth) but he was stopped by Tavoris Cloud the time before and Jorge Castro the time before that. Never had a fight at cruiser.
    Last edited by CutMeMick; 05-22-2008 at 11:26 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FNF - Aaron Williams & Jason Estrada

I changed the title of thread Ouma so that we can use it come fight night.

Really like Aaron but I gotta admit Tavoris is one I'm really excited about.

We'll see 'Big Six' also...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also hopefully you don't forget about the fights as you did the time you made the thread about the Adamek-Bell fight...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I changed the title of thread Ouma so that we can use it come fight night.

Really like Aaron but I gotta admit Tavoris is one I'm really excited about.

We'll see 'Big Six' also...
    Oh well, life isn't perfect

ICB Guest

I've only seen Williams once would like to see him again is there a stream ??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No idea bro. I'm not good at finding streams, I prefer other people to find them and then tell me where to go.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    No idea bro. I'm not good at finding streams, I prefer other people to find them and then tell me where to go.
    Just tried to go on Sopcast's website and its not loading for me.

ICB Guest

Default Aaron Williams angling for title shot!

With the move up to heavyweight, David Haye has left the Cruiserweight division without a recognized champion in three of the four major sanctioning organizations. Rising cruiserweight prospect "Awesome" Aaron Williams (17-0-1, 12 KO's), will look to continue in his journey to become the World Cruiserweight Champion as he headlines his first nationally televised main event Friday night at the Twin River Event Center in Lincoln, Rhode Island. ESPN2 will televise the bout as part of their Friday Night Fights telecasts. Williams will be opposed by the power punching Colombian, Jose Luis Herrera (15-4, 15 KO's).

Boxing News -- 24 hours/day - Reload often!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: Aaron Williams angling for title shot!

I don't know about that Steve Cunningham is pretty good. But why not the guy has it all it seems and it looks like he even has power which even I didn't know when I first starting salivating over him a couple years ago. I would like to see him work his way up a bit more gently maybe 1 more step up fight after tonight against someone like Braithwaite. Oh that would be a great test.

He's definitely got what it takes to be champion though, little doubt he'll dispose of this Herrera guy tonight. He's just got such a vast skill set he can fight so many different ways. Against Purlette he laid on the ropes a lot and instead of blocking punches was slipping everything. Looked like he might have been trying to get rounds in and then one punch turned it all around. Expect more or less the same tonight, glad he is finally getting some hype for the longest time he was stuck behind Matt Goddfrey

ICB Guest

Default Re: Aaron Williams angling for title shot!

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    I don't know about that Steve Cunningham is pretty good. But why not the guy has it all it seems and it looks like he even has power which even I didn't know when I first starting salivating over him a couple years ago. I would like to see him work his way up a bit more gently maybe 1 more step up fight after tonight against someone like Braithwaite. Oh that would be a great test.

He's definitely got what it takes to be champion though, little doubt he'll dispose of this Herrera guy tonight. He's just got such a vast skill set he can fight so many different ways. Against Purlette he laid on the ropes a lot and instead of blocking punches was slipping everything. Looked like he might have been trying to get rounds in and then one punch turned it all around. Expect more or less the same tonight, glad he is finally getting some hype for the longest time he was stuck behind Matt Goddfrey
    I knew you would be the first to reply Amat, i know Aaron Williams is one of your favorite prospects at the moment, me personally i've only ever seen him once but he looks the business. Im hoping there is a stream for his fight tonight i would like to see him again so i can make more of an accurate analysis on him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to this one tonight, should be a lot better than WNF.

I'm looking for Williams to look something special. The Cuiserweight division needs a new hero. It's kinda funny when you think about how inactive the elite are at CW. The days of Bell and JMM, Haye dominates then vacates, it's just a very slow division like one of those towns that's on the way, but never the destination.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Looking forward to this one tonight, should be a lot better than WNF.

I'm looking for Williams to look something special. The Cuiserweight division needs a new hero. It's kinda funny when you think about how inactive the elite are at CW. The days of Bell and JMM, Haye dominates then vacates, it's just a very slow division like one of those towns that's on the way, but never the destination.
    Agree,Hey it's saying something that there is anticipation In seeing the red headed step child division in boxing, The Cruisers.I think Williams has some skills but it is early.I like Eric Fields quite a bit who himself is looking to rebound down the road after his suprise TKO loss last outing.B.J Flores & Banks can be in the mix also.Put any of those 4 together as up & commers and Im front and center.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like Estrada. I hope he gets knocked the fukk out

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh Crap,Just realized Jason Estrada was co main event.... I think I need to paint my dogs Kennel or mow the grass.....Yawn.Alright,Lets see if he steps forward and shows some wanting of aggression.Look at the size of Witherspoon......DAmn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope they both get knocked out simultaneously
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information