Thread: Bilbo's Three Weekend Wishes.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bilbo's Three Weekend Wishes.

Lyle, I am not ripping on you for liking one form of defence over another. It isn't really about street fighting, IMHO. I don't box to street fight. I suspect many MMA and martial arts people don't do what they do to fight in the street either. If someone is doing that, boxer or MMA...well they are likely a jerk no matter what is their thing. It is our sport of choice.

I do take offence on how you stereotypically catagorize ALL MMA fans and ALL MMA fighters into one group, one type of person. I would hope that you being an intelligent person could somehow get beyond that sort of bias. It is bias.

I like you Lyle, and I enjoy debating and reading debates you are involved in. This deal here I do find bothersome. As I've said. I know many ex-MMA fighters. Some of them are very good friends now to me. And they are some of the quietest, respectful and nicest people I have ever known.
    Last edited by Youngblood; 05-24-2008 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if lyle has heard of rich franklin(school teacher), randy couture(army sergent) crop-cop(defense police) and fedor( the most humble greatest unstoppable fighter that ever walk mother earth.

Also I just don't think lyle understands a street fight is against a stranger that is threatening you. I think he thinks fights are stage all the time, and it doesn't happen against someone who doesn't give a damn what comes out of your mouth but only cares of beating the shyt out of you.

Honestly Lyle would you ask a guy to get back up so you don't have to hit him after he just called your girl a whore and would love to fuck her, would you show mercy to a complete stranger that deserve no honor from you. See i don't think you know that you must be ruthless to defend against those strangers we are talking about from a random street fight.

I appreciate what you believe what a fight should be, but you can't reason with a guy who wants to beat your ass. I now know you ain't been in a real street fight so you still think like a superhero that can let anyone get back up. You must be a really great fighter to have the brovado to tell a man get back up mister cause i don't want to hit you down there. I want to applaud you LYLE if you can really afford to tell that to any stranger in the street after you just put him on the ground.

El Kabong Guest

Guys...you know me and you know I am not going to change my view on this issue.

No not ALL MMA fans/fighters are living garbage....but there is a very LOUD visible group that are....and you can thank the UFC for selling that as MMA. Look at the Ultimate Fighter series and tell me they aren't a group of guys whom I describe in all my MMA rants.....look at Tapout....are you saying there is not a large group of people like the way I describe them

Julius I don't go looking for trouble and I carry myself with a little bit of class and I am respectful.

No if someone called my girl a whore and all that I doubt #1 he'd be in any establishment where I would be hanging out and #2 Yes I would whip his ass....I don't aim to make friends after fights, I just don't want to get shot, stabbed, jumped, or hit in the head with a beer bottle.

If you put a guy down there's no reason to jump on them...you jump on them and you're bound to make the situation worse either one of his boys is going to jump in or he might think his life is in danger and do something stupid like pull a weapon.

If you put a guy down (basically knock them out) from a punch then the point is made and the fight is basically over there is no reason to do anything else.

If you want to litterally KILL someone just because they are mouthing off then my friend I am not the one with the problem
    Last edited by El Kabong; 05-24-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Guys...you know me and you know I am not going to change my view on this issue. ok....

No not ALL MMA fans/fighters are living garbage....but there is a very LOUD visible group that are....and you can thank the UFC for selling that as MMA. Look at the Ultimate Fighter series and tell me they aren't a group of guys whom I describe in all my MMA rants.

we'll now you say not all, thank you

Julius I don't go looking for trouble and I carry myself with a little bit of class and I am respectful.

Nobody said you do go looking for trouble and carry yourself without class or respect.

No if someone called my girl a whore and all that I doubt #1 he'd be in any establishment where I would be hanging out and #2 Yes I would whip his ass....I don't aim to make friends after fights, I just don't want to get shot, stabbed, jumped, or hit in the head with a beer bottle.

This is where you don't get it, not everyone is going to be afraid of you and you won't be a big bad ass against everyone. I guess you never ran into a real motherfucker that deserves no honor or respect but only a real beat down. If someone came up to my girl like that i dont' give a damn if the police or president was there im gonna be stomping kicking punching that piece of shyt til someone holds me back, he beats me, or i beat him down. There will be no verbal exchange no deals no rules.

If you put a guy down there's no reason to jump on them...you jump on them and you're bound to make the situation worse either one of his boys is going to jump in or he might think his life is in danger and do something stupid like pull a weapon.

Yea your right if its against a sport guy but if its against guys i've come across no damn way do you show them mercy and let them back up if they still awake. We'll since your super tough lyle then you don't have to worry about his friends jumping in or someone pulling out a weapon.

If you put a guy down (basically knock them out) from a punch then the point is made and the fight is basically over there is no reason to do anything else.

We'll we never was talking about when a guy is already out. thats just common sense the fight is over. Like i said earlier if both guys didn't get beat up then it wasn't a fight to begin with.

If you want to litterally KILL someone just because they are mouthing off then my friend I am not the one with the problem
    You don't result in killing someone just cause you don't want to have to give him a chance of turning the tides if he gets back up. You keep him down til your sure his no longer a threat. And you don't do it verbally you do it physically. I can't imagine telling dodes i've run into to get back up or ask them have you had enough? Shyt before i can even finish the sentence they'd be on attack mode again.

Come on lyle your coming from the movies, get real my man. We're not all superman that can be all casual at a fight and be like "do you heal or you want more?"

El Kabong Guest

I don't run into anyone who is so hard and yet so stupid that they want to fight no matter what....if it's bad enough you just get the cops because I don't in the end want anyone to get injured for life or killed and I am sure the other person doesn't want that either....I don't run into many guys like the dude from "No Country For Old Men"

Hey it's their choice to get back up...if I knocked them down once it's usually enough, but if they want to continue fine...sure I COULD lose that way but I'd rather let the guy get up. Usually by then the fight has been stopped anyway.

I live in my own little world apparently, where there are rules, boundries, morals, and values...if I figure I can take the time to extend an olive branch then I will.

I thought all you democrats were all about diplomacy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know I know, I shouldn't be posting here there is no point.

But what does MMA have to do with street fighting? I mean the most practical way to get a baseball over a fence isn't standing 400 feet away with a round bat but that's the sport anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Why is kicking associated with a lack of honour or a street fight mentality?

It takes tremendous skill to throw a perfect kick, certainly harder than throwing a punch, and why exactly is it dishonourable?

I've trained in both and I'm not so sure about that - i think it just depends on your standards for each
    I'm talking about world class martial artists like Cung Le, Cro Cop and Anderson Silva. Their kicks are simply sublime, not just straight kicks to the face but they use their legs to sweep, throw and choke out their opponents.

Let's look at some examples of each.

Cro Cop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5efA1...eature=related

Cung Le http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Qk_...eature=related

Some general kick highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i02Igw9fkpc
    I won't deny that kicks take skill but I wouldn't assume that to become very good at kickboxing is harder or more technically difficult than becoming very good at boxing.

In places where boxng is more common I would argue that the competitive pressure lifts the standards of boxing above kickboxing and while I have seen it personally it probably works the same way where kicking martial arts are more competitive than boxing.

The thing with boxing is people who are good at it make it look more simple than it is and when people do not understand it they may find it easier to believe their punches are better than they actually are.

The dynamics and movement involved is often different for each too and boxing is often more complicated movement wise because you are expected to be able to move and attack and defend concurrently at a lower level than for kickboxing.

I personally found kickboxing far easier than boxing which is why I box now - to work on what I found most difficult because having found the hand skills I used in boxing were not half of what they could be i lost the sense of persuing the sport to it's ultimate level in kickboxing.

I told myself I could go back to kickboxing when I was really good at boxing and now I just think i'll never go back because it's and endless journey to achieve the perfect punch or kick.

No matter how good it looks there will ALWAYS be a slight way to improve it and any perfectionist in these sports has to accept that it will be a life long journey!
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your first wish almost came true in the 10th round Bilbo.

Thread Information