Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton Luckily had an Incompetent REF

First off, Hatton won the fight; hands down. No argument here.

But..

When Hatton got hit with that big hook, and looked the worst I have ever seen him(besides with floyd). The ref had to stop the fight for over a minute to talk to Juan and then tie Ricky's shoe; what the hell kind of ref is that?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton Luckily had an Incompetent REF

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut View Post

But..

When Hatton got hit with that big hook, and looked the worst I have ever seen him(besides with floyd). The ref had to stop the fight for over a minute to talk to Juan and then tie Ricky's shoe; what the hell kind of ref is that?
    The kind that was there to make sure Hatton didn't lose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reminded me of that stooge who refed Benn-McClellan who kept stopping the action when Benn was in la la land for no reason in order to help him recover.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i guess since Cortez sucked in Hatton's fight with Mayweather they wanted to get some revenge on poor Lazcano lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut View Post

But..

i really cant see why such a big fuss is being made of this, the ref stopped the action a good 15-20 seconds after lazcano had caught him (and failed to capitalize) and by that time hattons sense was pretty much fine id say, admitedly he seems to be struggling more and more with each passing fight but its probably understandable after being in some real messy fights, also as far as that being the worst youve ever seen him apart from against pbf id say he looked alot worse against both collazo and urango even at times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As i suggested in another thread ricky was nowhere near hurt enough to of been in any major danger and went onto to dominate after the incident which perhaps suggested ricky was luring lazcano into believing he was in bigger trouble than he was.

Foster is your typical english ref - he`ll let anything and everything go just so long as both fighters are happy. I didnt see lazcano complain once about the way the fight was being fought which was testament to a guy who more than earned his biggest payday and definetely deserves another shot after this.

Ricky is still out on his own at 140 by a distance and proved that last night!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
    As i suggested in another thread ricky was nowhere near hurt enough to of been in any major danger and went onto to dominate after the incident which perhaps suggested ricky was luring lazcano into believing he was in bigger trouble than he was.

Foster is your typical english ref - he`ll let anything and everything go just so long as both fighters are happy. I didnt see lazcano complain once about the way the fight was being fought which was testament to a guy who more than earned his biggest payday and definetely deserves another shot after this.

i think he definatley was hurt at first by the left hook but i think lazcanos little window of oppurtunity to finish him had already gone by the timethe ref stepped in

as far as being far away at 140 im not totally sold on that i think ricardo torres could now give him hell as his shown he is easy to hit and his chin doesnt seem to be what it was, also what i saw last night proved i feel that witters style would give hatton serious problems just a shame witter didnt have the hunger and desire to get past bradley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

i think he definatley was hurt at first by the left hook but i think lazcanos little window of oppurtunity to finish him had already gone by the timethe ref stepped in

as far as being far away at 140 im not totally sold on that i think ricardo torres could now give him hell as his shown he is easy to hit and his chin doesnt seem to be what it was, also what i saw last night proved i feel that witters style would give hatton serious problems just a shame witter didnt have the hunger and desire to get past bradley

the cotto fight apart im just not sold on torres

seems like the kind of guy ricky could bully and get the better of.

I suspect witter, urango and maybe even bradley would be able to get the better of torres

Thread Information