Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Question for those of you who are tattoo'd

Man, I am so fucking pissed off/depressed about this tat right now. For some reason it hasn't healed properly. I've got 4 tats, two of them quite large, and I've never had this problem before. It's patchy as shit and it going to need to be redone, which wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to leave town for 6 goddamn weeks. I know sometimes they look pale/milky while they're healing, but this is different I think.
    I'll be in the middle of nowhere doing archaeology, so I can't get it touched up before I leave or it might become infected etc. So now I'm going to look like a fucking tool doing it. I went to the "best" shop in town, paid $130/hr, and followed their aftercare instructions to the letter. I am fucking pissed. Fuck.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Man, I am so fucking pissed off/depressed about this tat right now. For some reason it hasn't healed properly. I've got 4 tats, two of them quite large, and I've never had this problem before. It's patchy as shit and it going to need to be redone, which wouldn't be too bad if I didn't have to leave town for 6 goddamn weeks. I know sometimes they look pale/milky while they're healing, but this is different I think.
    I'll be in the middle of nowhere doing archaeology, so I can't get it touched up before I leave or it might become infected etc. So now I'm going to look like a fucking tool doing it. I went to the "best" shop in town, paid $130/hr, and followed their aftercare instructions to the letter. I am fucking pissed. Fuck.
    Have you gone back to them, and talked to them about it?

I would, you need to show them, and talk to them about it. You paid them enough they owe it to you to talk about it, and make any corrections necessary.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

I would, you need to show them, and talk to them about it. You paid them enough they owe it to you to talk about it, and make any corrections necessary.
    I went down on Sat. and the guy behind the desk kinda glanced at it and said it was healing fine. However, I've got a bunch of tats and none of them have looked like this during the healing process. I'm thinking of going back to the shop tomorrow, but I'm kind of hesitant because I just went there on Sat. I think I'll call and see if I can talk to the guy who did it. If nothing else, I know they'll redo it for free, but like I said, I'm going away soon and I can't have an open wound where I'm going. I guess I'll just have to spend 6 weeks looking like a complete chump .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post
    I have what is known as,alot
    Left hand the letters PUNK(Ive been in to punk rock since 82) and an infinity symbol
    Left forearm,barbed wire around my wrist,(not the anyone can get kind as clip art,I went out and got a piece of barbed wire and drew what I saw)
    A tribal variation of the Lords Of The New Church knife
    Left bicep
    One of the watches from Salvador Dali's The Persistence Of Memory
    A skull and crossbones
    A variation of an Irish Cross
    You know what,this will take forever
    this one I'd like to see.

which watch?
    Ive got the one hanging off the branch,it was supposed to be a ring,but my fraggin artist moved.It was supposed to be all of them done as a ring around my bicep
    Hmmmm, a big floppy clock........is that what you asked for?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I went down on Sat. and the guy behind the desk kinda glanced at it and said it was healing fine. However, I've got a bunch of tats and none of them have looked like this during the healing process. I'm thinking of going back to the shop tomorrow, but I'm kind of hesitant because I just went there on Sat. I think I'll call and see if I can talk to the guy who did it. If nothing else, I know they'll redo it for free, but like I said, I'm going away soon and I can't have an open wound where I'm going. I guess I'll just have to spend 6 weeks looking like a complete chump .
    I should add that it will probably turn out fairly well and just need touching up, but I'm just unhappy with its current form. Tats always look a bit strange/off when they're healing, but this one just seems different because for whatever reason it scabbed heavily and it's taking a long time to heal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

this one I'd like to see.

which watch?
    Ive got the one hanging off the branch,it was supposed to be a ring,but my fraggin artist moved.It was supposed to be all of them done as a ring around my bicep
    Hmmmm, a big floppy clock........is that what you asked for?
    Yes,I was going to get all of the clocks done as a band,and then my artist moved

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should add that it will probably turn out fairly well and just need touching up, but I'm just unhappy with its current form. Tats always look a bit strange/off when they're healing, but this one just seems different because for whatever reason it scabbed heavily and it's taking a long time to heal.
    The areas where it is scabbed heavily, is probably because he went to deep with the needle in those areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Should I use A&D ointment in the first few days after getting my tat (I got one today)? Or should I just use a lotion throughout the healing process? The guy who did the tat just recommended using lotion, but I have a friend who does tats (he lives in a different city), and he recommends using A&D for the first few days and then switching to lotion. What has worked for you?
    Your friend that lives in a differnet city is textbook

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have my owners birthdate tatted in my ear. RUFF RUFF
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Should I use A&D ointment in the first few days after getting my tat (I got one today)? Or should I just use a lotion throughout the healing process? The guy who did the tat just recommended using lotion, but I have a friend who does tats (he lives in a different city), and he recommends using A&D for the first few days and then switching to lotion. What has worked for you?
    Your friend that lives in a differnet city is textbook
    Yeah, from now on I'm using his methods exclusively. All the tats he's done for me have healed perfectly.

Thread Information