Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Tommy Morrison NOT have HIV?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Did Tommy Morrison NOT have HIV?

I heard someone say that back when Tommy Morrison was tested positive for HIV, the results were later found to be false. Is this true? (I just heard this, so if I'm wrong, please forgive )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Tommy Morrison NOT have HIV?

People with HIV, who are taking good care of themselves and who take the right drugs, can have their HIV go into remission and it will not show up on a test. However, they still have HIV, and will always have HIV.

A couple years ago Tommy passed an HIV test and has since claimed that he no longer has it. However, he has been reluctant to retake another test. Considering that he failed several tests in the mid 90's, most people think his HIV has just become undetectable.

Morrison however, is looking for one last payday and is trying to convince the world that he never had HIV to begin with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't know HIV would go into remission. I'm happy for him. But he could still easily spread it through blood or sex, couldn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i say if hes looking for a last payday, just give it to him so we dont have to hear from him again....please
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    I didn't know HIV would go into remission. I'm happy for him. But he could still easily spread it through blood or sex, couldn't he?
    He is still contagious. It is just not detectible through modern testing.

A couple of months ago, Bob Arum announced he was going to put Tommy on a latin furey PPV which took place in Mexico, which doesn't require an HIV test. Arum got so much bad publicity, that at the last minute he decided not to televise tommy's fight and terminated their pre-existing contract.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    He is still contagious. It is just not detectible through modern testing.

A couple of months ago, Bob Arum announced he was going to put Tommy on a latin furey PPV which took place in Mexico, which doesn't require an HIV test. Arum got so much bad publicity, that at the last minute he decided not to televise tommy's fight and terminated their pre-existing contract.
    Oh. Well I don't know about today, but back during his prime he was supposed to have been a very good fighter, much like Tyson.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where the hell have you been Clubber? And no Tommy Morrison was never a great fighter. He was a great white fuck up.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morrison was told he had HIV , so it ended his career.

Then last year he got a second opinion from Dr. Nick Riviera , who said he hadnt got it anymore , however he oviously is still HIV positive.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People with HIV, who are taking good care of themselves and who take the right drugs, can have their HIV go into remission and it will not show up on a test. However, they still have HIV, and will always have HIV.

A couple years ago Tommy passed an HIV test and has since claimed that he no longer has it. However, he has been reluctant to retake another test. Considering that he failed several tests in the mid 90's, most people think his HIV has just become undetectable.

Morrison however, is looking for one last payday and is trying to convince the world that he never had HIV to begin with.
    Sorry but I beg the Differ, Tommy took a total of eleven test from 2006 until now in which all came back negative, I believe he is negative, But he is nothing what he used to be and will get hurt if he steps up.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy View Post

Sorry but I beg the Differ, Tommy took a total of eleven test from 2006 until now in which all came back negative, I believe he is negative, But he is nothing what he used to be and will get hurt if he steps up.
    Kush TV
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah he's done as a fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Remember when Morrison first came back; he said he would take a public HIV test in Nevada that was monitored by NAC officials. For some reason he just hasn't got around to it.

An why were his last two fights in West Virginia and Mexico: two places that do not require an AIDS test. Doesn't seem like he is very confident that he can pass a test.

And in his prime, Morrison was like Tyson, without the chin and stamina. But very exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Somebody I know told me there are instances of false positives. Depends on the test and what other substances a person might have in his system. It's a shame if that's Tommy's case because that's a stigma that will stick to him for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I suspect that Tommy Morrison STILL has HIV and has since he was tested positive way back when.

He just tried to come back and make some money, at the expense of infecting others, so eff that, thats pretty low IMO.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tommy was great in his prime. Now it's time to move on.

Thread Information