Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
I hate the beating he took from Oscar Larios and he should really fight at a lower level and wait for a poor champion and take him.
The guy he's fighting, Juan Ruiz has a low KO percentage.
His last scheduled opponent Kiko Martinez was a hellacious puncher, but a limited boxer, European level.

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
What is Wayne's speech like? Real slurred?
It's not bad at all. Of course he was born with a thick Belfast accent so it wasn't great to start with

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post
guy must be a borderline vegetable by now??

Every time i ever saw wayne fight it was an out an out war that involved neither man taking their foot off the pedal for a second.

Should get out now while he can before he does some permanent damage.

He isnt going to worry any of the big names at 38 and the only chance he has of getting a big payday in his division is by going on a 7-8 run win streak and to look impressive doing so.

He`d be what 41 by then and probably prime for a brain transfusion!!
Wayne's one of the fittest guys in boxing, even if his age is limiting him.
He has trained every day for the past 20 or so years!

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
McCullough seems determined to have brain damage. He needs to retired. He took serious beatings in both his fight with Oscar Larios. As well as in the Scott Harrison fight. With his style it can only end up bad for him
Thats not half of it, he went in wioth a prime Morakes and ate punches....I can only imagine what Izzy or Rafa would now do to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Put Em' Up View Post
Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Put Em' Up View Post
I wonder why he keeps wanting to return? A 38 year old bantamweight is not exactly the recipe for success in this business. At least not one who has not fought in about 3 years and only sporadically for years until he retired last time. I hope he is not in need of money.

With any luck he will get it out of his system and not get hurt in the process. I am rooting for him.
There were rumours that the reasons he was coming back was because his wife wanted him to go for the money.

However, I believe that it's more to do with pure love of the game and the hunger for more.

With Martinez in action July 5 in Tallaght and Dunne in action a week later in the stadium, its interesting!

She must not be a very loving wife if that was true. I just hope Wayne makes it through this one and gives it up. At least for his sake.
I can't confirm that it is true man, but I've heard it from more than one source.