Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What If Quintana move up to JMW?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What If Quintana move up to JMW?

I really been thinking if Quintana move up to JMW , could make a better job and feel more strong in that Div...........

That is the only chance that i would seeing for him , he got two devastaring KO , now we have to see if he surpass that KO ...........

What do you guys think ?.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What If Quintana move up to JMW?

I think he will do well there. It is a weaker division than welter talent wise. He got blown out last night, but sometimes that happens. he is still a superb boxer.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats were Williams should be,came in at 156 last night.Could stir it up and could jump even higher possibly......Imo Quintana should stay put.These two had two fights in stark contrast as far as domination,Quintana never had rhythm and was blitzed....Williams was methodically dissected and shut down over 12....I might be hung over.....but I would not be adverse to a third fight...if they get bored or something....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love this one ...

Hidden Content
    Baggins Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's fine at 147 but he fought the wrong fight. He was the champ and had the opportunity to sit back and let Paul come to him and he would have been able to pick him apart like the first fight but he fell for the trap Williams set and tried to fight like a pressure fighter. We all saw how that turned out.

The reason he was so succesfull the first time is because Paul was pressing the action and as he throws, he has to get low to hit his opponents and Quintana capitalized on it. This time Paul sat back and Quintana had to go high up to get him and got caught.

Problem for Quintana is that if there were a rematch, he would likely have to go after Paul again because he's not the champ anymore and the rounds with little or no action, usually go to the champ.

Great smart fight on the part of Williams.

And Macho, where the hell do you always find these great photos you put in your posts?
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

154's weaker but he doesn't seem like a huge welter, like a guy who's having trouble making weight so I'm not sure it would be the best move.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mora vs. Quintana anyone?
    Powell vs. Quintana anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Mora vs. Quintana anyone?
    Powell vs. Quintana anyone?
    Definetly some decent matchups.. I think Q is good at Welter, I believed in my heart that Paul had an off night the 1st time and knew he would win the 2nd time, but I never expected him to smoke Q like that.. The punisher is the real McCoy and I'm glad he got some of his luster back, I would love to see Williams Vs Cotto, provided he gets passed Antonio.

On the other side 154 is kinda lame with no one seperating themselves, Q could slip in the mix and make some noise

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was actually thinking the opposite wondering if he could drop down, I don't know what sort of problems he has with weight but he would definitely have more success at 154 simply because the talent pool is much more shallow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you know guys , why do i make this question ?
    Is because , Quintana has already two KO in the same Div.....with great opponents and the other question is , Can he surpass that kind of defeat , most of boxers cant...............
    Although , if he move up will face with others hard opponents , but could feel much better , he have some of good hard punch and probably will increase more power and assimilate more shots .............

Who would be the next for him ?

Judah
    Mosley
    Clotey
    Berto
    Collazo
    Last edited by Macho; 06-10-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel that Quinatana for the time being should stay at Welter.
    The reason being that having split wins in their couplet, a rubber match may well happen.
    Should Quintana rise to Light Middle this would facilitate Williams who apparantly has trouble making the weight. So by sticking at Welter advantage 1, Quintana.

I rarely make excuses for any fighter, but given Williams record in relation to KO's it is entirely feasible that Quintana was caught cold (and flush!) In a rematch he still has the knowledge that he can outbox Williams at 147, so I think he should stay and try some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    The reason being that having split wins in their couplet, a rubber match may well happen.
    Should Quintana rise to Light Middle this would facilitate Williams who apparantly has trouble making the weight. So by sticking at Welter advantage 1, Quintana.

I rarely make excuses for any fighter, but given Williams record in relation to KO's it is entirely feasible that Quintana was caught cold (and flush!) In a rematch he still has the knowledge that he can outbox Williams at 147, so I think he should stay and try some more.
    I thought the same Donny , that Quintana was caught cold , and he made the mistake in where stood up in front of Williams so confident without movement , that was a real damn mistake that you supoused to know it , that you cant make that thing , he knew that Donny , and i know if they get a rematch again Quintana can win again , Williams know that , he will not give this opportunity to Quintana again , now Quintana will have to scroll again from down.................
    Is good What happened to Quintana he will learn with all of this mistakes......................

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

I thought the same Donny , that Quintana was caught cold , and he made the mistake in where stood up in front of Williams so confident without movement , that was a real damn mistake that you supoused to know it , that you cant make that thing , he knew that Donny , and i know if they get a rematch again Quintana can win again , Williams know that , he will not give this opportunity to Quintana again , now Quintana will have to scroll again from down.................
    Is good What happened to Quintana he will learn with all of this mistakes......................
    I agree Macho, I would be surprised if Williams allows Quinatana a rematch without first proving himself.

Thread Information