Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Forrest to exercise immediate rematch clause with Mora

As per Boxingtalk.com. I think Mora ends up vacating the belt, but I think in the rematch he'd also win again because it looks like time has caught up to Forrest. Unless he simply took Mora too lightly and didn't train properly.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forrest to exercise immediate rematch clause with Mora

There is absolutely no reason Forrest should have lost that bout, that was disgraceful. He better realize that and come back and KO Mora because there is no way Mora should have beat Forrest. I'll put my dislike for Mora aside for a second, and acknowledge that he fought a pretty good fight given the circumstances but his talent level is not close to Forrest's. All Forrest had to do was show some fire and he would have won that fight. Terrible showing if he does get the rematch he better make a Carlos Quintana out of Mora if he wants to save any face at all.

Until then, Forrest is shot.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He better do something different because if he puts out the same effort, nothing will change in the rematch. I wonder what his excuse for that performance will be because the way he talked in pre-fight, then to give that performance.... not cool. I f your gonna dis someone like that you gotta back it up, or you won't get many taking your words serious from now on. I think Forrest should probably hang em up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I never thought much of Mora. But I'm glad to see Forrest lose and get embarrassed. I never liked his punk ass. Fukk him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's time for Vernon to hang em' up. He looked ridiculous the other night.

I liked Mora alot on the Contender, but became disillusioned after his running out of the ring and having a hissy fit in his fight that ended a draw{I forgot who his opponent was}; really his previous 3 fights turned me off. But he's got alot of fire and he'll be tough to ko as he seems to take a good punch very well. Would be funny though if Vernon got his rematch and does to Mora what Williams did to Quintana

I really could be happy seeing Forrest retire though.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post
    I think it's time for Vernon to hang em' up. He looked ridiculous the other night.

I liked Mora alot on the Contender, but became disillusioned after his running out of the ring and having a hissy fit in his fight that ended a draw{I forgot who his opponent was}; really his previous 3 fights turned me off. But he's got alot of fire and he'll be tough to ko as he seems to take a good punch very well. Would be funny though if Vernon got his rematch and does to Mora what Williams did to Quintana

I really could be happy seeing Forrest retire though.
    I agree, not to take anything away from Mora, but he really didn't seem to have a lot left in the tank. The most telling sign for me was that he was complaining of being winded half-way through the fight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    He better do something different because if he puts out the same effort, nothing will change in the rematch. I wonder what his excuse for that performance will be because the way he talked in pre-fight, then to give that performance.... not cool. I f your gonna dis someone like that you gotta back it up, or you won't get many taking your words serious from now on. I think Forrest should probably hang em up.
    I think perhaps, the reason he talked to much in the pre fight was because he didn't take MOra seriously and didn't get up for a 12 round fight. Remember what he was saying, you better not run and come to fight, blah blah blah... Makes me think he was hoping Mora would engage him early so he could land his power shots, instead of be dragged into the late rounds. Often when a fighter untypically talks a lot of smack before a fight it's because they feel they need to get in the opponents head in order to do well. Who knows though, it could just be that time has caught up with him. Either way he had no business losing to sergio Mora , I'm completely in agreement with Amat, that was just a no show from Forrest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    I think perhaps, the reason he talked to much in the pre fight was because he didn't take MOra seriously and didn't get up for a 12 round fight. Remember what he was saying, you better not run and come to fight, blah blah blah... Makes me think he was hoping Mora would engage him early so he could land his power shots, instead of be dragged into the late rounds. Often when a fighter untypically talks a lot of smack before a fight it's because they feel they need to get in the opponents head in order to do well. Who knows though, it could just be that time has caught up with him. Either way he had no business losing to sergio Mora , I'm completely in agreement with Amat, that was just a no show from Forrest.
    That's not Vernon Forrest... I don't know who that shell was that was in the ring Saturday but that wasn't Vernon Forrest
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Inconsistant......the story of vernon's life. Nobody wants to see you fight mora again wheather he'd win or not. Time for mora to move on and vernon as well. In different directions though. Big congrats to mora though, i just hope he doesn't end up like gomez after he won his big fight. I don't like him but i'd be nice to see a contender do well i guess.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good, now he can move up and fight Pavlik, get destroyed, and go away
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was as surprised as anyone that Mora won but he did so in great fashion and beat Forrest fair and square. There were no real doubt's on who won that fight I don't think.

Forrest is the ex-champion and has every right to invoke his rematch why not?

I do have to agree with Mar about Forrest being inconsistent.

He beats Mosley twice then loses to Mayorga twice.

He gets a gift (and I am sorry but there is no other way to describe it) decision against Ike Quartey. ( I think he got booed after the announcement)

He beats Baldomir and Michele (how ever you spell his last name) then loses to Mora.

I think Forrest is a guy who does not seem to fight to his fullest potential at times. He had the ability to be one of the eras better known fighters like Quartey, Mosley, Trinidad etc. He just seemed to be one rung behind them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think is has to do with Buddy McGirt. I posted on this topic a few weeks back. But I can't remember the last time I've been impressed by the performance of a McGirt fighter. They seem to head south with Buddy at the helm

Thread Information