Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Abraham headed to Miami!

King Arthur Abraham (26-0, 21 KOs) is on his way to the US. The undefeated IBF middleweight champion has boarded a plane at Berlin Tegel at 9.50 am this morning. After a quick stop in Munich, he is expected to arrive in Miami at 4.35 pm local time. “I am really looking forward to the rematch with Miranda,” he said before his departure. “I could not show my true potential in the first fight because of the broken jaw. I will make up for that this time out. Miranda better prepares himself for a tough battle.”
    Together with coach Ulli Wegner, King Arthur will spend the next couple of days at the Lago Mar Resort & Club in Fort Lauderdale. “We are going over early to adjust to the time difference and the climate,” the 28-year-old added. “I will be in top shape on June 21.”
    Wegner has no doubts that Abraham will defeat Miranda again. “Everything has gone well during the preparation,” he said. “I expect a very interesting fight. I am very optimistic because Arthur has trained extremely well. He showed in the first fight how big his heart is and I am sure he will prove it again in America.”
    On their flight to Miami, Wegner and Abraham were joined by Cecilia Braekhus. "The First Lady" of the Sauerland Stable, who boasts a perfect record of seven wins in as many fights (2 KOs), will also be in action on the June 21 show in Hollywood, Florida. “I am thrilled to fight in the US,” the Scandinavian beauty said. “It will be a very interested experience. The preparation with Arthur and Ulli Wegner has once again been very interesting – and quite exhausting. But I keep learning and I want to show that on June 21.” Her opponent will be revealed in the next days.

source fightnews.com

Man...can't wait for that fight...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Abraham headed to Miami!

Gotta give respect to Abraham for coming here to take on Miranda.

I hope they put his jaw together well; cause' the doctor's work is going to get put to the test by Miranda.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

SigmaMu Guest

YES! About time this rematch is made.

Should be a good scrap and I am going to have to go with Miranda on this one. Their first scarp was just nasty on many fronts. I hope things don't get out of hand again. I would love to hear.....

AND NEW!

No one can talk shiet about AA not wanting to leave Europe anymore. I have to give the Europeans some credit for starting to come over more often.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Abraham wins by stoppage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G View Post

Should be a good scrap and I am going to have to go with Miranda on this one. Their first scarp was just nasty on many fronts. I hope things don't get out of hand again. I would love to hear.....

AND NEW!

No one can talk shiet about AA not wanting to leave Europe anymore. I have to give the Europeans some credit for starting to come over more often.
    As far as I know this isn't a title fight...so even if Miranda wins AA won't loose his title...I think its because of the catchweight...

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Me too...

Hidden Content

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post

AND NEW!

As far as I know this isn't a title fight...so even if Miranda wins AA won't loose his title...I think its because of the catchweight...

Me too...
    Ok when I was checking BoxRec, I thought it was a catch weight too but it is listed as a title fight.

WTF!?

I think Edison is coming back down to 160 :

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKickAss View Post

AND NEW!

Me too...
    Ok when I was checking BoxRec, I thought it was a catch weight too but it is listed as a title fight.

WTF!?

I heard originally that it was at a catchweight of 166... Would be very shocked to hear it was at 160 for the belt, didn't think Miranda felt strong at the weight anymore... Maybe it was just an excuse after he lost to Pavlik?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

WTF!?

I heard originally that it was at a catchweight of 166... Would be very shocked to hear it was at 160 for the belt, didn't think Miranda felt strong at the weight anymore... Maybe it was just an excuse after he lost to Pavlik?
    This is also from fightnews:

Q&A: Arthur Abraham!

The weight limit will be 166 pounds which means you do not have to watch your weight that carefully this time out. Is that good for you?
    "Definitely. I feel even stronger. Making weight can be a real torture but I do not have to do it this time.”

the rest is here:

Boxing News -- 24 hours/day - Reload often!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Win or loose abraham is getting some respect here. Taking on miranda right now for his first fight for the U.S. fans i don't think is a great idea. I think miranda has dreamed about this re-match since the first night after the loss. Abraham is not playing it safe that for sure.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Legion and Mar, never thought he would come to the US and fight at the higher weight. Whilst I may be supporting Miranda I have to respect Abraham's and would not mind if he won.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never seen the first fight, but got the impression that Abraham wanted to quit, his corner didn't let him, and Miranda was tearing him up pretty bad both legally and illegally.

Got the impression Germany was protecting Abraham...wasnt Miranda docked 5-6 points that fight?

Anyone seen it in it's entirety?

I would expect Miranda to tear Abraham a new one if the first fight even generally how I read it did.

But things have changed since then, Abraham fought better competition including that brutal KO of Gevor and Miranda was dismantled by Pavlik and said he felt drained and weak at 160.

But Abraham must be feeling confident to come to the US against a man that might have rightfully beat him (at least beat him up).

Going to predict that Abraham takes this UD...maybe even late KO. But Miranda is always dangerous and will be out for blood so who knows..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miranda has home field advantage. He has fought his past two fights at the Seminole Hard Rock in Florida and KTFO both of his opponents there. Going to be a tough night for Abraham win or lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big ups to AA for going to the US to fight Miranda. I'm picking AA on Points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Abraham can keep from getting anything broken, he'll ko Miranda. Both fighters are warriors though. I like both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone see a Williams/Quintana debacle for this rematch? AA will feel utterly ridiculous if he gets blasted in round one I really don't know who to pick; of course I never do so that's nothing new
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Thread Information