Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Hatton's Career Is So Similar To Naseem Hamed's Career.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Ricky Hatton's Career Is So Similar To Naseem Hamed's Career.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    My thoughts are, that if Naz had've stayed with Ingle and continued to box rather than rely on single shots he could've beaten Barerra, Hatton could NEVER have beaten PBF.
    Your right with this comment mate.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Hatton's Career Is So Similar To Naseem Hamed's Career.

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Both men were on a high until they both went to America for the 1st time when they were both exposed somewhat, Naz against Kelley, Hatton against Collazo. Then they both have major fights and both were dominated, then they both have one comeback fight and don't look like the same fighters, and now by the looks of it Hatton is retiring just like Naz did whats your thoughts on this ??
    Since when is Hatton retiring? He is fighting the hairdo from hell this fall.

I dont see any connections between Naz and Hatton. Hatton is seeing it through.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My thoughts are, that if Naz had've stayed with Ingle and continued to box rather than rely on single shots he could've beaten Barerra, Hatton could NEVER have beaten PBF.

I duno I think Barrera had his number . I agree with your assessment of Hatton Floyd though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Since when is Hatton retiring? He's got a fight with powderpuff next followed by possible fights with Pac and the like.

I don't really see the comparison at all to be honest.

Hatton just fought in front of 55,000 adoring fans. Naz, over a year after the Barrera loss, chose Manuel Calvo as a comeback and looked so piss poor, and so clearly out of love with boxing, that he was booed out of the ring, never to be seen again.

Apart from being Brits that have/had great careers.. i don't see it.
    ICB will be right if he loses to Paulie. Same rise to fame, same downfall, not being the same after the first loss.

Hatton will probably destroy Pac if they meet. But also would Hamed if he fought a Bantamweight.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Hey Big H , about Naz/Barrera , i dont think so , Naz never could beat Barrera , he gave to Naz a real damn beat , if Naz would want fight again in that moment , Barrera could give him another beat............
    I never liked that Naz.............

I always said (as far back as 96-97) that Naz would not beat Barerra! but if he had stayed with Ingle, he may have had a chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Off the topic has anyone else heared Hatton v Pauli will b in october and not november

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the Sept 11 ordeal was a big part of Naseems retirement
    a spontaneous creation with multiple moods.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both men were on a high until they both went to America for the 1st time when they were both exposed somewhat, Naz against Kelley, Hatton against Collazo. Then they both have major fights and both were dominated, then they both have one comeback fight and don't look like the same fighters, and now by the looks of it Hatton is retiring just like Naz did whats your thoughts on this ??
    once again u post dissapointing tipoic.

Naz and hatton are nothing a like.

Naz was ended by a mexican, Barrera, full stop. Sure he was put down by kelly, but he won and he became biggesr in the states for it!

Now hatton stepped up at stupid notice to fight at a weight he should never, ever be at, and won. even tho i had callazo winning it, hatton won.

I have always said, and will allways maintain, hatton should of been a lightwight, he has always been a small Light welter; He got a fucking lesson when he fought floyd that is a fact, but he was at a weight he should never ever have fought at.

To compare hatton and naz is fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Hey Big H , about Naz/Barrera , i dont think so , Naz never could beat Barrera , he gave to Naz a real damn beat , if Naz would want fight again in that moment , Barrera could give him another beat............
    I never liked that Naz.............

I always said (as far back as 96-97) that Naz would not beat Barerra! but if he had stayed with Ingle, he may have had a chance
    If naz and marco had a rematch, barrera would of knocked naz the fuck out.

I know the build up, i have watched it a million times, barerra said he did not fear his pwoer; he might not of been scared of it, but he respected it, he boxed and purly boxed that fight until he had naz done.

If they had fought again marco would of gone at him more and knocked the fucking bitch out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

towards the end of the fight, after he had taken a few of the "princes" punches he opened up more and smashed the lil bitch,

HE started off wary, because of the morales fight, he beat erik but got fucked, so decided to box and win the round on points to make sure he wasnt fucked like the morales fight, he respected naz's power and schooled the lil cunt, Once the gao was clear he opened up and hit the lil bitch accros the ring, simple as.

Rematch would of ended in nax being knocked the fuck out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post
    towards the end of the fight, after he had taken a few of the "princes" punches he opened up more and smashed the lil bitch,

HE started off wary, because of the morales fight, he beat erik but got fucked, so decided to box and win the round on points to make sure he wasnt fucked like the morales fight, he respected naz's power and schooled the lil cunt, Once the gao was clear he opened up and hit the lil bitch accros the ring, simple as.

Rematch would of ended in nax being knocked the fuck out.
    Too bad it never happened then.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Preme View Post
    once again u post dissapointing tipoic.

Naz and hatton are nothing a like.

Naz was ended by a mexican, Barrera, full stop. Sure he was put down by kelly, but he won and he became biggesr in the states for it!

Now hatton stepped up at stupid notice to fight at a weight he should never, ever be at, and won. even tho i had callazo winning it, hatton won.

I have always said, and will allways maintain, hatton should of been a lightwight, he has always been a small Light welter; He got a fucking lesson when he fought floyd that is a fact, but he was at a weight he should never ever have fought at.

To compare hatton and naz is fucking stupid.
    I replied to this twice but my computer messed up don't feel like typing it up a 3rd time, but i'll just say this you obviously didn't read my post properly and you didn't get the topic and just went off on one. And you say another disappointing topic from me ?? when do i normally make disappointing topics ?? and please name me the last one i made that was disappoitning ?? i could actually insult you back but i won't. You disagree which is fine but just because you can't see what im saying doesn't make the topic stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To a point they were similar. Both were protected most of their careers (not that they're alone in that respect). Both built a rep beating hyped up nobodies.

But here's where they diverge. Hatton padded his resume, but then stepped up. He fought a few decent guys, but then he fought Tszyu. Over the hill or not, Hatton took on the best and beat him. He then moved up in weight and took on a tough Collozo. He beat him, beat a HOFer in Castillo and then had the guts to challenge the best. He lost soundly, but has fought on. He'll still do some great things in boxing. Now he's talking about fighting the best from the weight under his. (Pac).

Naz, really fought no one. Wayne McCullogh and Kevin Kelly, 2 B-/C+ fighters. He avoided the numerous callouts he had at guys from 122 to 130. There were literally a dozen big fights he could've had. He fights avery tough Bererra and gets embarrassed. He fights once more and realizes he is a complete fraud and calls it quits. I laughed when he finally fought Berrara. I was hoping he would've been beaten down by so many other guys from 122, 126 and 130 back then. As a purest and a guy who's been in the ring, Hamed was offensive to everything I hold sacred about boxing. He did everything completely wrong and got away with against bums. When Bererra toyed with him and then slammed his head into the corner it was one of the most satisfying moments in boxing to me.

This from one American fan: Hatton has guts and earns respect. To compare him to that side show Hamed is an insult to Ricky. Not in the same league as fighters or in guts. Hamed was a total joke. Hatton is a fighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not see the comparison, Hatton was a legitimate champ and has a win against an ATG. He still has a lot to do and he should achieve some major goals before retirement. Hamed failed miserably at his only attempt against an A list fighter and then wimped out altogether by retiring without a rematch or fighting another A lister like Morales. Hatton should beat Powderpuff and accept the Pacman challenge at 140lb. I have said this before Hamed was the Prince who turned back into a toad!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On HBO's Pac-JMM 2 countdown. They also talked about Naz ducking JMM. Is that true?
    Hidden Content
    Baggins Clan

Thread Information