Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Hatton's Career Is So Similar To Naseem Hamed's Career.

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Ricky Hatton's Career Is So Similar To Naseem Hamed's Career.

Both men were on a high until they both went to America for the 1st time when they were both exposed somewhat, Naz against Kelley, Hatton against Collazo. Then they both have major fights and both were dominated, then they both have one comeback fight and don't look like the same fighters, and now by the looks of it Hatton is retiring just like Naz did whats your thoughts on this ??

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Hatton's Career Is So Similar To Naseem Hamed's Career.

My thoughts are, that if Naz had've stayed with Ingle and continued to box rather than rely on single shots he could've beaten Barerra, Hatton could NEVER have beaten PBF.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Since when is Hatton retiring? He's got a fight with powderpuff next followed by possible fights with Pac and the like.

I don't really see the comparison at all to be honest.

Hatton just fought in front of 55,000 adoring fans. Naz, over a year after the Barrera loss, chose Manuel Calvo as a comeback and looked so piss poor, and so clearly out of love with boxing, that he was booed out of the ring, never to be seen again.

Apart from being Brits that have/had great careers.. i don't see it.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Since when is Hatton retiring? He's got a fight with powderpuff next followed by possible fights with Pac and the like.

Hatton just fought in front of 55,000 adoring fans. Naz, over a year after the Barrera loss, chose Manuel Calvo as a comeback and looked so piss poor, and so clearly out of love with boxing, that he was booed out of the ring, never to be seen again.

Well like i said i haven't been following boxing for a few months but a friend told me he said he see in the paper that Hatton was retiring ??

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Well like i said i haven't been following boxing for a few months but a friend told me he said he see in the paper that Hatton was retiring ??
    Oh.. OK.

For a minute I thought maybe he did a Floyd and Oscar.. announce the retirement.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How come?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both men were on a high until they both went to America for the 1st time when they were both exposed somewhat, Naz against Kelley, Hatton against Collazo. Then they both have major fights and both were dominated, then they both have one comeback fight and don't look like the same fighters, and now by the looks of it Hatton is retiring just like Naz did whats your thoughts on this ??
    Here's the difference. Hatton was "exposed" in America by a naturally larger man who happened to be a southpaw. He could have taken his first fight at 147 against a washed up, blown up JWW, like Floyd did against Mitchell. He lost to Mayweather, who is better p4p than Barrera by a good amount. I'm big Barrera fan and I hate Mayweather, but facts are facts. All the flaws in Naz's game were exposed by Barrera, while Ricky just lost to the better fighter in Floyd.

I've heard nothing of Ricky retiring. He's still the man to beat at 140 I see no reason why he won't be the top dog at 140 for the next 1-2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    My thoughts are, that if Naz had've stayed with Ingle and continued to box rather than rely on single shots he could've beaten Barerra, Hatton could NEVER have beaten PBF.
    Hey Big H , about Naz/Barrera , i dont think so , Naz never could beat Barrera , he gave to Naz a real damn beat , if Naz would want fight again in that moment , Barrera could give him another beat............
    I never liked that Naz.............

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The comparison is an easy one to draw, they were both 'managed' by FW for the bulk of their careers.

Different characters though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Hey Big H , about Naz/Barrera , i dont think so , Naz never could beat Barrera , he gave to Naz a real damn beat , if Naz would want fight again in that moment , Barrera could give him another beat............
    I never liked that Naz.............
    I agree with Big H, i think Naz would of beaten MAB i think he would of wore him down and stopped him late if he stopped with Ingle Naz was never the same fighter when he spilt from Ingle.

As for Hatton he is fighting Pauli next.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    The comparison is an easy one to draw, they were both 'managed' by FW for the bulk of their careers.

Different characters though.
    Yeah unbeaten under FW. Silly boys should have stayed with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Similar or not. It's still damn good observations by ICB.
    Hidden Content
    Baggins Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post
    Here's the difference. Hatton was "exposed" in America by a naturally larger man who happened to be a southpaw. He could have taken his first fight at 147 against a washed up, blown up JWW, like Floyd did against Mitchell. He lost to Mayweather, who is better p4p than Barrera by a good amount. I'm big Barrera fan and I hate Mayweather, but facts are facts. All the flaws in Naz's game were exposed by Barrera, while Ricky just lost to the better fighter in Floyd.

I've heard nothing of Ricky retiring. He's still the man to beat at 140 I see no reason why he won't be the top dog at 140 for the next 1-2 years.
    This is pretty close to on the nose,I dont like Mayweather as a person,but he was probably the best P4P fighter out there. Ricky was simply out classed.
    It had come so easy for Naz,that he developed alot of bad habits,when he got stuck in there with a really good fighter in Barrera,he didnt know what to do. You can see the confusion and bewilderment in his face for the later rounds of that fight. I think Naz got caught believing his own hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton never once claimed he`d go his whole career unbeaten.

Hamed got beat because he was too reserved and afraid to get his hands dirty. Hatton on the other hand lost because he was too fool hardy and kept looking for that big KO punch.

Hatton came back from defeat like a true champion should, Hamed fell into oblivion and was never seen again (but for the whole calvo debacle)

Im sorry but can someone please explain to me the similaritys as its completely lost on me!!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hamed would have knocked seven shades out of Hatton at 10 stone, no doubt.

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information