Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: For a hard stomach, should I do weighted crunches, or just high reps?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default For a hard stomach, should I do weighted crunches, or just high reps?

I believe that if you do weighted sittups/crunches, your abs will look bigger, but what's the best way for making them hard? I want hard abs so that someone can punch me in the stomach, and I just stand there and smile and say "Is that all you got, bitch?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: For a hard stomach, should I do weighted crunches, or just high reps?

and then he shows again what he got, and hits you on the liver that hurts (trust me)
    i think u should do sit-ups with light dumbels in your hands holding them on your shoulders.
    and do high reps.

an other thing i do is lay down, put your legs up straight and let some1 else push them back to the floor, and you put them back up again. but as he pushes, you don't let em go all the way to the floor but just above, so you keep them abs tensed

man there are to many things to do for good abs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: For a hard stomach, should I do weighted crunches, or just high reps?

I do crunches with weights on my stomach, that provides some resistance, then as someone else mentioned, hold whatever weight you can at your shoulders or above your head. To strengthen the sides of my abs I stand up straight, feet shoulder width apart, hold a dumbel loaded up with weight in one hand and just lean at the hips side to side so the dumbel goes up and down about 1 1/2 feet. Trick is to concentrate on using the side of your stomach on the opposite side, and don't let your arm, shoulder that is holding the dumbel do any of the work. That'll get your sides a lot harder as well. You'll also find with your hooks you use these side muscles a lot so i'm sure this will increase your power in some way.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh yea, and just do as many reps as you can until you can't do any more.. It's hard to load up with weight for crunches, but if you can hold enough weight so the most crunches you can do is 10 before being completely f*d then that would be better than doing 50 before being being f*d...
    Always do as many reps as you can whether you have 50 pounds hovering over your head or 0.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well what I do, is monday, you do as many reps as you can until you cant do more, then on wednsday you do weighted crunches. Then so on and so fourth. That will get them harder, and bigger, because your bulking with heavey weight, then cutting with many reps. Give it a shot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A nice chunky layer of fat over the abs will help absorb some punishment, its what the gladiators in Rome used to do. Apart from lie around all day and get cut open by tigers and stuff.
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by M-Force
    A nice chunky layer of fat over the abs will help absorb some punishment, its what the gladiators in Rome used to do. Apart from lie around all day and get cut open by tigers and stuff.
    That sounds like it would work. Is that really true though? But girls dont like fat stomaches they like the nice ripped stomaches

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BBOXER14
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Force
    That sounds like it would work. Is that really true though? But girls dont like fat stomaches they like the nice ripped stomaches
    Yes, it is true.

Actually, flat stomachs are more important and a 90% waist to buttock ratio in attracting females. Its 70% waist to hip ratio for men with females. What these both indicate is healthiness and ability to fight off/lack of disease, and not the amount of fat there (although obviously when your getting into silly amounts of fat you become less attractive to the average member of the opposite sex)
    5 foot 4 inches and 154 lbs of PURE MAN

Thread Information