Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fires

Well you might have heard about the fires in Northern California. Well they've reached my doorstep. Not totally but I can see the smoke and their making a determination whether to evacuate or not. Outside it's very very smoky out and almost brutal to even go out there. The only problem is all of our family elsewhere is on the other side of the fires so we're kind of stuck in limbo here. Supposedly there is no need for panic yet but I'm going to be really pissed if it gets out of containment and my house burns down

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fires

Amat you should pack your essential paperwork and effects just in case you do have to leave.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Well you might have heard about the fires in Northern California. Well they've reached my doorstep. Not totally but I can see the smoke and their making a determination whether to evacuate or not. Outside it's very very smoky out and almost brutal to even go out there. The only problem is all of our family elsewhere is on the other side of the fires so we're kind of stuck in limbo here. Supposedly there is no need for panic yet but I'm going to be really pissed if it gets out of containment and my house burns down

If only lefty lived where you did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

If only lefty lived where you did
    If only you lived there, you would be set alight with that tree trunk growing out your ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck Amat. Hope you don't suffer too much out there.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea amat, good luck. Seems every year I read about Cali on fire and so on...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well now it's just a waiting game. Even worse we find out is that if we evacuate, there is literally no way to get to where all of our family is from here as fires have closed off both ways even the long way. But good news is that reading all the local websites, a lot of these fires are under control. But the firefighters that were here about an hour ago are gone so no idea what's going on down the road here. All caused by lightning 2 nights ago. I've lived in California for 8 years now (from what I can remember, was also born here) and can count the number of times I have seen lightning on my fingers. In Kentucky I had lightning hit in my back yard. Here lightning hits one night and they say it caused at least 400 separate fires Crazy stuff very lucky it hit far enough away or I wouldn't be posting here right now.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Keep an eye on them bro,They can shift in an instant.By now the break lines should be cut back from previous fires but the winds will determine all.When I lived In San diego we would get rolling Canyon fires all the time.Just stay on point,Im sure you will be fine.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My dad has decided that he wants to be a cowboy and he is off to where the fires are to get word on anything. I guess when it's Sunday and the Nascar race is still an hour away there is nothing better to do.

I still hate all that smoke though it's literally gray outside and it smells like burnt paper. According to the cops they told my mom that a bunch of commercial marijuana growers had their stocks go up in smoke. It's decriminalized in Mendocino County so there are a bunch of them. Wonder what the smell is like over there

Maybe I can use that as an excuse who knows. But yeah I'm not to worried. This has happened once before a couple years ago when they were doing a fire training exercise on the beach and it got out of control and spread completely to the other side of the mountains that shield us from the coast. Got out of 3rd period and the whole place was smokey and the mountain towards the coast was on fire. I can't see it this time but there is a lot more smoke this time too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It wouldn't hurt to pack any prized or important belongings, just in case you had to make a QUICK escape. Do you drive to work or anything? If so, I'd pack some important things and go ahead and put them in your vehicle, that way if you drove to work, then returned only to discover your house finally did burn down, those belongings would be safe and sound with you.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good luck Amat, I hope everything ends up ok.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone remember the fires last year out here in So. Cal?
    They got REALLY bad out here was really starting to pack things cause at one point not even the Media/News/Firefighters new if they were gonna be able to detain the fires.

God bless amat and hope your safe.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was very close to a big jungle/forest fire when I lived in Saipan. It was scary stuff, we lived right at the edge of the jungle, so obviously we were had to evacuate. Saipan had been the site of a HUGE battle between the U.S. Marines and the Japanese during WW2, and as the fire tore through the foliage all the unexploded ordinance was going off. Bullets, grenades, mines, unexploded artillery rounds... everything you could imagine, it was fucking crazy. I was only about 7 years old, so I thought it was great, but looking back it must've been terrifying for the adults.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We've had some fires in Florida and in South Georgia, and although we could see and smell the smoke where we lived, it was about 70 miles from us so we weren't in any danger. (Yes, long way to be able to smell smoke)!

Thread Information