Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bilbo's Religious and Moral Census

Standing outside of Gandalf for a few moments...

1) I say no to god. Im pretty much an atheist and dont believe. But then that view also ties in a little to just not knowing and not caring. I can say that there is no god. I see no evidence of the good lord in this madness around me. But only a limited mind would completely rule something out without really knowing.

2) I dont believe in an afterlife. But I also dont have any way of knowing or not. So its a case of wait and see. I have no expectations though. I can be pretty cynical.

3) A tricky issue. Personally I dont think sensible people need to have abortions. In an age where birth control is available and people choose to have sex knowing the risks then I dont see the need for abortions. Ive certainly managed not to have any children yet and dont intend to for a few more years. Abortion isnt neccessary in my marriage. There are instances where it is needed, but generally I wish people would take responsibility for the decisions they make. Im not keen on it.

4) I have no issues with prostitution. If it is regulated and it is the womans desire to earn money that way then fair enough. Your body, your choice. I dont like trafficking of women who are then treated like slaves whilst pimps take all the money. Thats wrong. Personally, I wouldnt pay for sex though. Ive never done that and cannot see myself ever doing so. Not my thing.

5) Im probably going to sound like an old hypocrite talking about this issue. I used all sorts of drugs back home. Coke, pills, speed and of course the demon booze. In Korea I dont use illegal drugs and I have no desire to. I was going round in circles back home and it was futile. Its good to be free from that crap and just working hard. There is little crime here and the lack of drugs are the reason. Maybe Im just getting old, but I dont want to see drugs on the street here. Its better without them. Ive taken all sorts of stuff but ultimately prefer life without the availability of drugs. Sometimes I think beer is better off being banned too. But having said that I will most likely go for a beer on Friday night. None of these questions are cut and dry.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question One
    I'm a RC although I don't buy into the Pantomine of the whole thing.

Question Two
    Although Undecided, I'll have to say yes I believe.

Question Three
    I believe any woman has the right what she does with her body.

Question Four
    See above note. I do feel that exploitation is vile and this trade should be eliminated by the creation of alternative opportunities.

Question Five
    I tried to comply with the questions and use one answer throughout and comprimised on the others.
    I'm sorry Bilbo, I know I'm probably making it harder for you to compile results now, but my attitude is torn between a mix of 1, 3 and 5 here. I won't explain, but if you're using a Quantitative method, just put me down as 3.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Question One
    I'm a RC although I don't buy into the Pantomine of the whole thing.

Question Two
    Although Undecided, I'll have to say yes I believe.

Question Three
    I believe any woman has the right what she does with her body.

Question Four
    See above note. I do feel that exploitation is vile and this trade should be eliminated by the creation of alternative opportunities.

Question Five
    I tried to comply with the questions and use one answer throughout and comprimised on the others.
    I'm sorry Bilbo, I know I'm probably making it harder for you to compile results now, but my attitude is torn between a mix of 1, 3 and 5 here. I won't explain, but if you're using a Quantitative method, just put me down as 3.

Don't worry there is no method. Firstly I don't know what quantatitive means and secondly I forgot I even created this thread.

I'll wait for a few more members to post and then see what the Saddo morality is.

From a quick scim through I think we can largely sum it up as God sucks, the afterlife is a disney story, abort away, pro the hoes and gimme my drugs.

There are exceptions of course but that seems to be the general impression.

Seems like Hedonism is the Saddo way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Don't worry there is no method. Firstly I don't know what quantatitive means and secondly I forgot I even created this thread.

I'll wait for a few more members to post and then see what the Saddo morality is.

From a quick scim through I think we can largely sum it up as God sucks, the afterlife is a disney story, abort away, pro the hoes and gimme my drugs.

There are exceptions of course but that seems to be the general impression.

Seems like Hedonism is the Saddo way.
    LMAO Ha Ha.
    Quantitative is just an approach to compiling data that elininates subjectivity and objectivity. It's just completely logical and calculating. For example here, it would mean taking answers stricyly as the number, no additional responses.

I like a bit of Christianity I do.
    May have to do with the Schoolgirls in the school across the way when I was 13-14.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. God, yes or no?
    I believe in the Christian God as revealed in the Bible and accept Jesus as my Saviour

2. Is there an afterlife?
    Yes I will live forever with Christ in heaven

3. Abortion. What is your view on abortion?
    Abortion is accetable only when the health of the mother or child is at severe risk, or if the birth was a result of abuse or rape.

4. Prostitution, ok or not?
    Prostitution is an abomination, sinful, wrong and a cruel exploitation of women. It should be combated whereever possible and any men found guilty of soliciting for such services should face prosecution.

5. Drugs.
    All drugs should be banned and by that I aslo mean cigarretes and alcholol. Get rid of all these dependencies that people have and we would all be much healthier.

Thread Information