Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forearm trouble

Quote Originally Posted by southpawed View Post
    would you need to take all three? or would glucosamine do the job? my knuckles have been feeling some wear and tear lately.
    Some brands have all 3 in one, but any of them are good. I would try to get at least glucosamine and chondroitin together, but just glucosamine is good.

You should also eat some good fats, like fish oils and mixed nuts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by southpawed View Post
    would you need to take all three? or would glucosamine do the job? my knuckles have been feeling some wear and tear lately.
    Some brands have all 3 in one, but any of them are good. I would try to get at least glucosamine and chondroitin together, but just glucosamine is good.

You should also eat some good fats, like fish oils and mixed nuts.
    I was just about to go out and get both of these as was experiencing terrible joint pain in the knees, and quite persistantly. But was also in the process of switching my road training from jogging and sprints on a paved road...to strictly tabata sprints that I now still do on a grass and earthy path.

Been fine ever since.

In fact, I went and jogged one day just for the hell of it and knees started hurting immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats weird cuz i jog and have no problems (knock on wood).

What are tabata sprints

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
    Thats weird cuz i jog and have no problems (knock on wood).

What are tabata sprints

The secret of Tabata: this 14-minute workout may be the best you've ever had! | Men's Fitness | Find Articles at BNET

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"AKE THE TABATA TEST If you think you've got what it takes, here's the drill. First, do a five-minute warm-up by running, cycling, or jumping rope for five minutes at about 40% of your full effort. For the intervals, work on a track, treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical trainer, or a heavy gym bag, and alternate 20 seconds of activity at full effort with 10-second rest periods. Each sprint-rest combo counts as one interval. After the intense section, do a five-minute cool-down in the same way you warmed up. Try to do four intervals at first, then gradually work your way up to six. Repeat the workout three to four days a week."

So this doesn't apply to just running. It can be used for training on a heavybag as well?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber View Post
    "AKE THE TABATA TEST If you think you've got what it takes, here's the drill. First, do a five-minute warm-up by running, cycling, or jumping rope for five minutes at about 40% of your full effort. For the intervals, work on a track, treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical trainer, or a heavy gym bag, and alternate 20 seconds of activity at full effort with 10-second rest periods. Each sprint-rest combo counts as one interval. After the intense section, do a five-minute cool-down in the same way you warmed up. Try to do four intervals at first, then gradually work your way up to six. Repeat the workout three to four days a week."

So this doesn't apply to just running. It can be used for training on a heavybag as well?
    I only use it for the sprints so all I can speak for. And I know that inside of 2-3 weeks I noticed a difference, and sizeable one as far as my ability to spar a lot of rounds without getting winded. Plus I don't like roadwork...it really does feel like work to me...so the idea of getting these over so quickly with more benefit and no aches is a no brainer for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Youngblood View Post

I only use it for the sprints so all I can speak for. And I know that inside of 2-3 weeks I noticed a difference, and sizeable one as far as my ability to spar a lot of rounds without getting winded. Plus I don't like roadwork...it really does feel like work to me...so the idea of getting these over so quickly with more benefit and no aches is a no brainer for me.
    I'm going to try slugging away on a heavybag as well just to see if it works. Of course I'll still have to do regular workouts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy who "discovered" tabata's recommends 8 intervals as a set, but would be smart to start lower and work your way up if your fitness level is low. But if high just go straight out with 8 and see how quickly you improve.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post

The guy who "discovered" tabata's recommends 8 intervals as a set, but would be smart to start lower and work your way up if your fitness level is low. But if high just go straight out with 8 and see how quickly you improve.
    Yep...8 is insane to think you can do to start. Salty got me on to these and I am forever grateful. I had v good cardio going in and could do like maybe 4...and had to jog the remaining 4 or so...but in short order it seemed, all 8 full out came.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Re: Forearm trouble

hitman try strengthening your forearms, and also stretching them, rope with weight disc, wrist curls and maybe try the powerball i have found it good in the past, also stretch em out v importante!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walkersmith View Post
    hitman try strengthening your forearms, and also stretching them, rope with weight disc, wrist curls and maybe try the powerball i have found it good in the past, also stretch em out v importante!
    The rope with a weight disc is called a wrist roller and is a great workout.
    The Tapered Wrist Roller and it doesnt have to be tapered btw..lol any bar will work, preferably a thick one.
    Last edited by wesrman; 06-26-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    The whole reason I take Multi's, even if bananas are in the house,I never think to eat them. That lack will torch you,so I make a point of taking multi's. Im very lean and very tight, no Potassium makes the Monkey a very crampy boy
    I thought Monkeys loved bananas.

I like bananas pretty good myself. While I've never had cramps in the forearms before, a lot of times when I try to stretch my calves my hip will start cramping. Sometimes if I sit down it will cramp up and I will have to stand back up again.
    This Monkey wants steak
    You might need a straight potassium supplement, and I hate to say this, it might be an early onset of arthritis.
    If Potassium and extra hydration doesnt do it for you,check with your doctor. Arthritis can be combated,but you have to catch it early.
    Some of you probably think Im nuts, but: Subconsiously your bodys energies effect your molecular structures then your bodies physical parts will eventually follow your deeper feelings and sometimes the hidden desires too. Arthritis increases faster in people who dont feel love for themselves, worse for people who seek vengance outside of themsleves. It can be eased first by forgivness and compassion towards first their own mistakes, then others mistakes,this allows the energies of healing that naturally want to run through us to come up to the correct original life frequency for self healing to take place. That frequency is the same as self love , if you can practice that and direct that at certain body parts anything is reversable, then cured, including cancers. What you feel; 2, is what you get; 3. What you think 1 is what you feel 2. So its a matter of reorganizing it back into devine order 1, 2, 3. instead of 2, 1, 3. We get so caught up in life that our feelings over run us, literally so that our feelings over run our thoughts. If you direct your inner thoughts and practice doing it everyday your feelings will start to change and your health follows right along with them. The correct inner thought to practice for arthritis is : I am love ,I choose to love and approve of myself. I see others with love.

These exact thought patterns naturally kill off ; feeling unloved,criticism and resentment and your body frees up again.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I read 'roller' for some reason I got thinking of foam rollers... which got me thinking, I've heard of people using those (and hardcore guys roll with PVC pipe or something) for legs and their backs and stuff, but it'd be pretty hard to use on stuff like wrists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
    When I read 'roller' for some reason I got thinking of foam rollers... which got me thinking, I've heard of people using those (and hardcore guys roll with PVC pipe or something) for legs and their backs and stuff, but it'd be pretty hard to use on stuff like wrists.
    I made my wrist roller by drilling a hole in a piece of pvc pipe and then i stuck a rope through it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea what I meant are these things that people use not as actual resistance, but it's like a massage for the muscles and soft tissue, they roll it over the area.

It's usually used for the legs since they've got a lot more portruding larger muscles. It'd probably be tough to do this on the forearm not only because you can't use 2 hands to guide it, but also because the muscle doesn't portrude as much. You have those 2 bones that crosover when you pronate/supinate and stuff.

Thread Information