Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wimbledon 2008

These guys are like the Ali/Frazier of the tennis world. Amazing!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amazing display of athleticism. Easily the best match I've ever seen. (of all 5 of them!)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow!!!

That was phenomenal!!

Amazing display of skills, heart and will.

Can't wait for next yr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a match. I said from the start Rafa would win, I knew he would. He's bagged me £75 as well . Great performance shown by both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F#cking sucks. Congrats to Nadal but Fed gave that match away.

Nadal played him with everything he had and he barely won. Honestly, anyone who watches tennis knows Federer made more unforced errors than any game he's ever played. I've never seen him miss more easy shots since I've watched him. He deserved to lose; and this will only make Nadal's confidence and game even higher.

In the end I bet this is the best thing for Fed right now. This whole year, b#tches talking sh#t about him and all the pressure about tying Sampras' record, or winning the French Open. Today's loss is going to take all the talk out of his mind and I'd bet he'll play his best year next year. He won't win a French, but I bet he wins all the other slams in 2009.

At least that muppet b#tch boy Djokob#tch didn't win sh#t, hahahahaha.

Nadal will be one of the greats, no doubt about it; but he got a gift today and anyone who knows tennis knows that. Fed should quit being scared of this kid and just play his game. He's as scared of Nadal as Spinks was of Tyson, in a matter of speaking.

I didn't realize what a sore loser I am until today
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

Nadal played him with everything he had and he barely won. Honestly, anyone who watches tennis knows Federer made more unforced errors than any game he's ever played. I've never seen him miss more easy shots since I've watched him. He deserved to lose; and this will only make Nadal's confidence and game even higher.

In the end I bet this is the best thing for Fed right now. This whole year, b#tches talking sh#t about him and all the pressure about tying Sampras' record, or winning the French Open. Today's loss is going to take all the talk out of his mind and I'd bet he'll play his best year next year. He won't win a French, but I bet he wins all the other slams in 2009.

Nadal will be one of the greats, no doubt about it; but he got a gift today and anyone who knows tennis knows that. Fed should quit being scared of this kid and just play his game. He's as scared of Nadal as Spinks was of Tyson, in a matter of speaking.

LEGION that is one bullshit thing to say and you sound like a hater. How on fuckin earth did he get a gift ? He broke Federer 3 times and never got broken once. Fed got a gift winning 2 sets cuz he won them both on tiebreaks. On the second one Nadal lost his nerve and double faulted. He was 5-2 up on points. He previousley had 3 championship points. Fed was the lucky one and got a gift by winning 2 sets when he couldn't convert hardly any break points and never won a Nadal service game. Trurth of the matter, Nadal beat Fed on Roger's strongest surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

LEGION that is one bullshit thing to say and you sound like a hater. How on fuckin earth did he get a gift ? He broke Federer 3 times and never got broken once. Fed got a gift winning 2 sets cuz he won them both on tiebreaks. On the second one Nadal lost his nerve and double faulted. He was 5-2 up on points. He previousley had 3 championship points. Fed was the lucky one and got a gift by winning 2 sets when he couldn't convert hardly any break points and never won a Nadal service game. Trurth of the matter, Nadal beat Fed on Roger's strongest surface.
    I'm not a hater and you know it. Nadal is my fave player; I was just hoping Fed would pull off a 6th Wimbledon.

Did you notice Fed's 1st serve percentages? Garbage. He gave the second set away like he was ordered to do it.

Have you seen how many unforced errors Fed made, errors on shots he never misses that much?

How many forehand blunders did Roger hit? More than I've ever seen, and he had plenty of chance to break Nadal and failed at 95% of them.

I gave Nadal credit, and he deserved to win, but when they both play their best Fed wins on grass, and he was hardly his best. And Rogers to blame for that, and that's the way it goes. Nadal plays a beast of a game and has needled his way into Rogers head, so Nadal won on all counts.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nadal played well and he played his ass off.
    Fed almost looked fatigued and even in the last shot Fed just looked so nonchalant as he hit the net.

Whatever the case maybe all praise to Nadal. He deserves it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post

I'm not a hater and you know it. Nadal is my fave player; I was just hoping Fed would pull off a 6th Wimbledon.

Did you notice Fed's 1st serve percentages? Garbage. He gave the second set away like he was ordered to do it.

Have you seen how many unforced errors Fed made, errors on shots he never misses that much?

How many forehand blunders did Roger hit? More than I've ever seen, and he had plenty of chance to break Nadal and failed at 95% of them.

I gave Nadal credit, and he deserved to win, but when they both play their best Fed wins on grass, and he was hardly his best. And Rogers to blame for that, and that's the way it goes. Nadal plays a beast of a game and has needled his way into Rogers head, so Nadal won on all counts.

IMO Fed has a bit of a phobia about Nadal after all those beatings on clay. All those missed break points and blowing the lead in the second set cost him dearly, but all credit to Nadal he showed what real balls he has and that he is an awsome grass player as well, still some work to do on the hard courts, though I worry about his knees on that surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Nadal played well and he played his ass off.
    Fed almost looked fatigued and even in the last shot Fed just looked so nonchalant as he hit the net.

Whatever the case maybe all praise to Nadal. He deserves it.
    No doubt, I wonder if Roger was fatigued physically; more-so mentally I would think. Nadal plays every point like it's his last, and he is one well conditioned beast on court.

I'm not trying to take away his victory at all, I'm just saying Nadal is in his head so much that Roger makes amatuerish mistakes on shots he's known to be a master at. He was relying too much on his serve and that was actually horrible at times. I couldn't believe he made it to the 4th set.

I knew whoever lost their service games in those last few games would lose, and I thought it would be Fed, as he was barely winning his. And he just got beat, though I still say he wasn't his best. But he was playing his best all through the tourny, and starts freezing now with Nadal. That mental edge is with Nadal.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a Tennis fan but that match was a great watch.

Master, well done on your bet. Wish i'd followed you in

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was no gift. It was a hard match for both of them. It was hard for Federer to claw his way back in to it from 2-0 down and it was hard for Nadal not to dwell on all the set/match points he lost.

Both of them were down on their stats, the crucial stats for me were the break point conversions.

The Championships, Wimbledon 2008 - Grand Slam Tennis - Official Site by IBM

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From what I saw (which wasn't the whole match and I'm no Tennis guru) the better guy won, I mean when Nadal would win his service games they were for the most part fairly easily won while Federer seemed to have to struggle for really every point.

Anyway I only watched the fifth set and don't know what I'm talking about

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Incredible game. I have said for the past 12 months that Nadal would win Wimbledon this year, simply because he was so close last year and I think he is improving whilst Federer is slightly declining. I never gamble, but I wish I had, becuase before Roalnd Garros he was about 10-1 for Wimbledon.

Federer will win the US Open though!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'm not a Tennis fan but that match was a great watch.

Master, well done on your bet. Wish i'd followed you in
    Thanks for remembering, that is the last time I am going to bet, stress and more stress. One moment I was counting my winnings and thinking what to spend the money and then I was being pragmatic and saying "Oh well, only £50". Do not know how you put up with it!

Thread Information