Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Wimbledon 2008

Love a bit of Tennis (as i do most sports)
    Very similar to Boxing in some ways and i love the one on one aspect of it all.
    So who wins,Federer,Nadal..?
    Hope Nadal wins it as Federer is simply a boring fucka and i want Borgs legacy to remain
    Rafa certainly has the momentum (French and Queens last week)
    Some nice pussy on court this year too.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wimbledon 2008

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Hope Nadal wins it as Federer is simply a boring fucka and i want Borgs legacy to remain

The 2 sports couldnt be any more different if you tried.

let me know at which point federer catches nadal with a big overhand right and i may just turn on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Screw Borg; he's a pompous ass. My 2 fave players on the men's side are Fed and Nadal. Nadal I think will win, though I'm pulling for Fed because I want to see him surpass Sampras' record, and a win here will put him at 1 below tying Pete, and his playing years are waning.

Nadal will win Wimbledon several times, but I want Roger to get at least one more, to surpass that arrogant Borg. If he loses this year, especially to Nadal, it's all but over for him; Nadal is in his head too bad. As long as Djokob#tch doesn't win I'll be happy. I'm also hoping Gonzales or Baghdatis do well this year.

I don't see why you think Fed is boring; the guy is beautiful to watch, especially on grass. He is a bit of a preppy boy though. I used to like watching him when he had temper tantrums and would throw his racket around. But Nadal is definately crowd pleasing, and an absolute monster on court. Fed and Nadal have a great rivalry, like a McEnroe/Borg or Connors or Agassi/Sampras; so it wouldn't be the same without those 2 in the finals.

On the women's side I am pulling for Jankovich or Safina. Safina will ruin people's days big time; look what she did at the French Open, lol. F#ck Sharapova, Venus and Serena. Serena looks like John Coffee with boobs; and I'm sick of her and her sister. This may be Ivanovich's year though. I just wish my girl Henin hadn't retired ESPN has 6 channels of Wimbledon on; I'm in heaven right now.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man this comp is awesome. I love tennis. My manager at my club is going this Thursday. I have a bet on Nadal to beat Fed in the final. Federer is on the downslide. I also have 2 quid on A-Rod. everyone's talking about Fed,Djok and Nadal and yet Roddick is great on grass. Got good odds on him to win.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION View Post

Screw Borg; he's a pompous ass. My 2 fave players on the men's side are Fed and Nadal. Nadal I think will win, though I'm pulling for Fed because I want to see him surpass Sampras' record, and a win here will put him at 1 below tying Pete, and his playing years are waning.

Nadal will win Wimbledon several times, but I want Roger to get at least one more, to surpass that arrogant Borg. If he loses this year, especially to Nadal, it's all but over for him; Nadal is in his head too bad. As long as Djokob#tch doesn't win I'll be happy. I'm also hoping Gonzales or Baghdatis do well this year.

I don't see why you think Fed is boring; the guy is beautiful to watch, especially on grass. He is a bit of a preppy boy though. I used to like watching him when he had temper tantrums and would throw his racket around. But Nadal is definately crowd pleasing, and an absolute monster on court. Fed and Nadal have a great rivalry, like a McEnroe/Borg or Connors or Agassi/Sampras; so it wouldn't be the same without those 2 in the finals.

On the women's side I am pulling for Jankovich or Safina. Safina will ruin people's days big time; look what she did at the French Open, lol. F#ck Sharapova, Venus and Serena. Serena looks like John Coffee with boobs; and I'm sick of her and her sister. This may be Ivanovich's year though. I just wish my girl Henin hadn't retired ESPN has 6 channels of Wimbledon on; I'm in heaven right now.
    I like Federer too and I think he has the tools to get see Nadal off on grass. Im usually a hopeless Henman supporter when it comes to wimbledon so Federer is my charge this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by leftylee View Post
    Man this comp is awesome. I love tennis. My manager at my club is going this Thursday. I have a bet on Nadal to beat Fed in the final. Federer is on the downslide. I also have 2 quid on A-Rod. everyone's talking about Fed,Djok and Nadal and yet Roddick is great on grass. Got good odds on him to win.
    Roddick is a joke; he's going to be remembered for one of the best serves ever, and also being the biggest underachiever in Tennis history. I am thinking about driving down to Austin a few hours away and sitting on his doorstep and making faces at him; he's such a fag. Already a couple of Americans got sent home, lol, I hope Roddick is next. I get tired of watching him pick his shirt collar and adjust his hat all day.

Everyone says Fed is on the downslide, but just because he's having a bad year doesn't mean sh#t. Look what the guy had done from 2004 to 2007, nothing short of astonishing.Mononucleosis had him down alot of the 1st part of the year, and unless Nadal breaks his leg Rog won't win the French. He is still the second best clay courter in the world, but people want to say he's finished. I think Nadal is in his head badly; and will especially be if he beats Rog at Wimbledon{assuming Fed even gets to the finals}; but I think next year Roger will rebound and win several Slams. Next year will be the telling year for Roger IMO.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking of Andy Roddick, he is about to start right now. I hope he gets sent home today, hahaha.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Roddick is a joke; he's going to be remembered for one of the best serves ever, and also being the biggest underachiever in Tennis history. I am thinking about driving down to Austin a few hours away and sitting on his doorstep and making faces at him; he's such a fag. Already a couple of Americans got sent home, lol, I hope Roddick is next. I get tired of watching him pick his shirt collar and adjust his hat all day.

Everyone says Fed is on the downslide, but just because he's having a bad year doesn't mean sh#t. Look what the guy had done from 2004 to 2007, nothing short of astonishing.Mononucleosis had him down alot of the 1st part of the year, and unless Nadal breaks his leg Rog won't win the French. He is still the second best clay courter in the world, but people want to say he's finished. I think Nadal is in his head badly; and will especially be if he beats Rog at Wimbledon{assuming Fed even gets to the finals}; but I think next year Roger will rebound and win several Slams. Next year will be the telling year for Roger IMO.
    I completely disagree. A-Rod has the biggest serve right now and has done for the past 5 years, no one comes close to it. His forehand on a good day is also the best in the world, right now Fernando Gonzalez has the biggest forehand. His backhand is his biggest weakness. He hasn't played this year much Roddick due to injuries etc but he is still a force. Losing like 3 consecutive times to Federer in the Wimbledon final is no joke. Federer just has his number.

Federer is on the downslide, it's pretty obvious he's on the slide. His record suggests that this year. Nadal gave him a lesson last month on clay. Nobody has ever gave Fed a beating like that, it shows this year he past it. I think Nadal beats him again on grass, just you see

You even said yourself 2004-2007 he was great, but those years are in the past. He's now past his peak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I completely disagree. A-Rod has the biggest serve right now and has done for the past 5 years, no one comes close to it. His forehand on a good day is also the best in the world, right now Fernando Gonzalez has the biggest forehand. His backhand is his biggest weakness. He hasn't played this year much Roddick due to injuries etc but he is still a force. Losing like 3 consecutive times to Federer in the Wimbledon final is no joke. Federer just has his number.

Federer is on the downslide, it's pretty obvious he's on the slide. His record suggests that this year. Nadal gave him a lesson last month on clay. Nobody has ever gave Fed a beating like that, it shows this year he past it. I think Nadal beats him again on grass, just you see

You even said yourself 2004-2007 he was great, but those years are in the past. He's now past his peak.
    He had glandular fever at the start of the season, and that would affect anyone. He'll have a tougher time this year IMO moreso since Nadal has improved on grass rather than his game has waned, Fed will cruise to meet him in the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you disagreeing about; I said Roddick had the best serve? He's still an underachiever and he'll never win another slam.

And just cause' Fed has one bad year everyone writes him off. Fed wasn't the only one who got embarassed by Nadal on clay; it's obvious Nadal is the best clay court player in history. Like I said, next year will be the year we see if Fed has lost it. I never said he wasn't on the downslide; but I'll reserve judgement about if he's finished next year. These guys like Nadal and roddick have a long ways to go to step into his shoes. And he may win both Wimbledon and the U.S. Open this year; then what are you going to say?

I'll say one thing though; if he can't figure out the puzzle that is Rafael Nadal, then he's in for a bad ending to his career. Not just at the French, but all the other tournaments. The guy is getting as good on grass and even hard court as he is on clay.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you disagreeing about; I said Roddick had the best serve? He's still an underachiever and he'll never win another slam.

And just cause' Fed has one bad year everyone writes him off. Fed wasn't the only one who got embarassed by Nadal on clay; it's obvious Nadal is the best clay court player in history. Like I said, next year will be the year we see if Fed has lost it. I never said he wasn't on the downslide; but I'll reserve judgement about if he's finished next year. These guys like Nadal and roddick have a long ways to go to step into his shoes. And he may win both Wimbledon and the U.S. Open this year; then what are you going to say?

I'll say one thing though; if he can't figure out the puzzle that is Rafael Nadal, then he's in for a bad ending to his career. Not just at the French, but all the other tournaments. The guy is getting as good on grass and even hard court as he is on clay.
    I'm diagreeing about saying Roddick is a joke, that's a pathetic statement. It's pretty obvious Roddick won't win another slam with Nadal and Djokovic on the tour. Hell, even Andy Murray would beat Roddick. And until Fed gets beat by Rafa I won't say no more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm diagreeing about saying Roddick is a joke, that's a pathetic statement. It's pretty obvious Roddick won't win another slam with Nadal and Djokovic on the tour. Hell, even Andy Murray would beat Roddick. And until Fed gets beat by Rafa I won't say no more.
    Actually Roddick is pathetic, not my statement. But calm down little buddy, it's just my opinion. I know you love Roddick; that's why I'm talking trash, cause' it's so easy to get you upset I don't like him, actually I don't like any american players{though I'm American}, they all stink. The Williams sisters are the best American players and I can't stand either one. Andy was the big American mens' hope, and he has failed. You even say yourself Andy Murray can beat him, lol. Murray has to be abut the most sporadic player out there, so what does that tell you about Roddick? He's a joke Get over it.

He's lucky he even made it to the pros. If he didn't have that serve he wouldn't have even made it. He does have a wicked forehand, but he's so sporadic with it he always ends up needing that serve to stay alive. His backhand and whole approach to that shot is robotical and ridiculous. The guy looks like he's hurting himself trying to hit it. And his net game sucks. Overall I'd say he's a joke Have some rep Lefty before you get too excited
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Lefty, speaking of Federer; did you see his match with Hrbaty yesterday? That running behind the back shot down the line that he hit to Federer was awesome Rog didn't even think he was going to hit the ball and it went flying right past him.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A bloke is watching TV - his wife is out at bingo. As he is settling down, his son, who was watching TV up in his room, appears in the doorway. "Dad, what's love juice?"
    The dad chokes on his beer and thinks, "well, he is twelve now, perhaps I should explain."
    "Well, son," he says, "soon you will meet a girl who you fancy, you will become excited and your willy will get very hard."
    The dad gulps and carries on, "you will touch the girl all over and when you reach the top of her leg it will feel wet - this is her love juice coming out of her vagina, it means she is ready for sexual intercourse."
    The son looks curious and says, "ok, dad, thanks."
    As he is leaving the room, the dad says, "hang on, son, what are you watching up there to make you ask that?"

The son replies, "just the tennis."
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must admit I'm not a tennis fan and my only knowledge of the sport comes from listening to the news during Wimbledon time.

It seems to me though that every single year is exactly the same. Like I said, I don't watch it but I see the news and the following 3 things happen every single year.

1. A huge crowd gather on Henman Hill/Murray's Mound/Shit Heap or whatever it's called this year to watch our great English hope go out in the quarter finals after leading for a couple sets then the rain sets in and they come back the next day to continue and get smashed.

2. Roger Federer is pronounced Wimbledon Champion for the 1304st time

3. One of the Williams sisters battles their way to the final despite being ranked about 33rd in the world and coming back from a series of injuries to reach the final or win completely unexpetedly

It's all so dull and predictable.

So with my zero knowledge of or interest in tennis I will confidently predict the following.

1. Andy Murray will go out bravely trying to make the quarter finals after leading for a couple sets only for rain to intervene and for him to come back the next day and get smashed.

2. Roger Federer will win Wimbledon for the 1305th consecutive time.

3. Venus or Serena Williams will battle back from injuries and a low ranking position to 'suprise' everybody and make it to their 1305th consecutive final.

Oh and yes Andy Roddick does suck

Thread Information