Quote Originally Posted by chinchekked View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
Well, My name is ?? and I am 26. I am a Captain/apprentice onboard commercial vessels and I travel waaaaaaay toooo much because of this. I love boxing and mma but I rarely have time to even enjoy a Friday Night Fight in peace. However I am blessed because of my job I will now be able to afford to actually attend a fight or two once my hectic schedule subsides. Any ??'s, just send a message.
What is the cargo you lug around as a rule ? people/oil/goods?
It varies depending on the contract. I have transported various types of petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, JP5(jet fuel), and crude oil. I have also moved soybean(nastiest smelling stuff ever) and sugar back and forth from Central America to the east coast of the US. I don't do cruises or transport people..... however I have assisted in conducting offshore fishing trips in my offtime.
Cool dude my father was in the merchant navy as a chief engineer a tough life for sure , big respect.
your father was an intelligent man if he was good at what he did. That is not an easy job.......physically or mentally.
You are right I know the ocean well, if you so much as drift off even in thought, you really can drift off .
Pressures really on when docking and leaving port too,more so for you with that kind of cargo and weight.