Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Starting Boxing! Start Here

if i joined a gym when im 17 could i still turn pro? or would i not have enough tarinng or what not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WHATS UP GUYS I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO IM 5'10 240,19 AND IMA BE 20 NEXT WEEK AND I WANT YALL SUGESTING AND WHAT WEIGHT DIVISION I SHOULD FIGHT IN AND STRADGEY AND SHIT LIKE THAT THANX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default i need help!

I've been VERY interesting in boxing for at least 2 years now and i really want to train as one for fitness purposes but i dont know where to start at all! All i know is that i should run, but i cant run because i just got a breast reduction. Can someone PLEASE give me a list of training exercises to follow. Im talking what i should do morning, noon, and night and what kinda of new dietary lifestyle i should follow also? please write soon, i would love to start right away. THANX!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default REGIME ANYONE?

IM 5'6 230 POUNDS. I WANNT TO GET IN SHAPE FOR BOXING. I NEED ENDURANCE AND POWER SO I CAN FIGHT WITH HEAVYWEIGHTS. I NEED TO BE RIPPED. SOMEONE GIVE MEÂ Â A ROUTINE WITH A BAG, SPEED BAG, JUMP ROPE, AND WHAT EVER ELSE U NEED TO GET IN SHAPE. AND WHAT I SHOULD EAT AFTER AND BEFORE WORKOUTS. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT TO EAT AND HOW MUCH. PEACE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rope skipping

Hello.

I just started boxing a month ago, doing it once a week for 1-2 hours. Every time the classes start, I always feel out of place when it's time to skip ropes. Everyone seems to jump around in a very organized and repetitive pace while I just look like I'm hopping around. I asked around and all they told me was to try to land as softly as possible when jumping. I was wondering if anyone else has any advice for skipping ropes. Thanks.

/Trooper_20

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: IM 5'10 240 WHAT SHOULD I DO????PLEASEEEE HELP!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T.R.DOZIER56
    WHATS UP GUYS I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO IM 5'10 240,19 AND IMA BE 20 NEXT WEEK AND I WANT YALL SUGESTING AND WHAT WEIGHT DIVISION I SHOULD FIGHT IN AND STRADGEY AND s*** LIKE THAT THANX
    Are you a naturally big guy, or are you overweight? I'm 6ft and 260 pounds, I'm not "fighting" fit, but I am not fat!Problem you have is that you are gonna be fighting at heavyweight againts some seruiously big fukkas
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Merged threads no.2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rope skipping

First try jumping on the spot with your feet together, don't jump high at all just quickly up and down. Grab a rope and do the generic skip technique with a speed rope, jumping on the spot, feet together, at the same time.

You don't have to jump high, remember that. I've been teaching my friend at at first he was jumping around the joint like a mad man, just relax and take it slowly. It comes quickly to some and slower to others.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rope skipping

skipping does seem to take folks some time. Try and do a little each day, only a few minutes though so you get the technique without getting tired. You've only been training one month.J ust stick with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default beginner story and question

I'm 16 and have been boxing once a week for 3 months. I was startging to gain confidence in my abilities with the speedbag, and other equiptment around the gym. That is, until I sparred my trainer for the first time. He wasn't even going hard on me, he was punching extremely slow, and I was slipping them, but somehow he always connected. It was a huge downer to my confidence.

I was wondering if there are any basic general tips to help me do better next time? my trainer said i needed more head movement, but i didn't quite get that part. any advice is apprecaited. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default New here looking for advice

I'm 23 1/2 years old , 5'9" about 190-195 and I know I'm about 10-15 lbs overweight. This is the heaviest I have ever been and have been as low as 165 when working out really hard (maybe too hard). Just wondering what weight you guys think I shuold aim for in fighting. I have never boxed before but have had the desire and passion to learn the sport for about 10 years.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: beginner story and question

just keep sparring eventually it will all fall in to place, when i asked on how i could get better and sparring i found alot of people had good ideas but in the end its you fighting and you create your on style,

just give it time and all will fall in to place,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he also tells me i am like a robot with my feet movement, and heavy on my feet. any advice on that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You might wanna get some info of others but one thing that helped me out with foot work was using a speed rope,
    WHEN i finaly begane to skip welll(it took alot of time for me to figure it out) i become alot quicker and lighter on my feet....definatly worth the time and effort to learn 2 skip.
    i think there are several post on how to skip you might wanna check them out!

o and if this looks wrong to any one more experianced please say some thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Starting Boxing! Start Here

some1 anser the if i joined a gy at 17 could io still turn pro?

Thread Information