Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Interesting Problem

A fighter in India contacted me about training. He has plenty of stuff I can work with. But this is my question, are there any particular social customs I should consider in training him?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Interesting Problem

There's a few points of etiquette that I picked up from indians. In their culture it is polite to turn down an offering of tea, water, snacks when they first ask you, they'll usually ask you againin which you can then say sure, but if they don't ask again say "Hold on, I was just being polite."

Is he hindu or muslim? I'm asking this because Hindus don't eat beef, and muslims don't eat pork. Chicken, fish, lamb are fine to eat in both religions.

It's okay to shake hands between men in india. If he invites you to the place that he's staying take off your shoes before you enter.

Oh yeah, don't give them anything that comes from a cow including leather. And don't ever call them a 'Paki.'
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way I should have asked this before, is he staying in India, or will you be training him in person?
    If you hear a voice within you saying that I am not a painter, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whole reason I asked,is I honestly dont know alot about Hindu and Indian culture. If he decides to come to the states to train, I need to know in advance how I can get around the social culture without being offensive,but at the same time get the work I want out of him.
    I dont think the no beef restriction is going to hurt so much,home slice needs to shed a few pounds anyway,I see much lean chicken in his future. Been meaning to learn how to cook Tamburi Chicken anyway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough. Most boxing gear is vinyl or nylon so there's no problem there. I don't think it would present much of a problem unless he's a hardcore indian.

As for diet, you have a many ways to go about it. Try some of your special dishes, or even learn a few indian recipes while you're at it. Curry sounds good, and occasional spicy dishes might even up his metabolism.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he asks you to train him and he's coming to your country to do so, why should you change anything?

If he feels your the trainer for him he will adapt tpo your regime and if there are any big issues like nutrition he'll work it out.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope he hasnt got an Elephant, I always remember Gene Autrys singing . Show me a Home where the Buffalo roam and Ill show you a roomfull of shit
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He could come out into the ring walk fighting to Elvis singing " Ring of fire".

Curry.. ring of fire..
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Thread Information