Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where does that rate in the all time great pac performances??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default where does that rate in the all time great pac performances??

Am asking this more out of curiosity than general knowledge.

Before saturday night however big a fan of manny i was i still had over riding concerns over certain things.

But saturday was an absoloutley flawless performance and i generally now believe that not only is manny now the greatest p4p boxer in the world, but good enough to actually become a world champion at 140 which is quite astonishing considering his original weight he started off at.

ICB Guest

Default Re: where does that rate in the all time great pac performances??

Quote Originally Posted by hattonthehammer View Post

Before saturday night however big a fan of manny i was i still had over riding concerns over certain things.

But saturday was an absoloutley flawless performance and i generally now believe that not only is manny now the greatest p4p boxer in the world, but good enough to actually become a world champion at 140 which is quite astonishing considering his original weight he started off at.
    Even though Diaz is a lesser opponent than Morales, Barrera, Marquez, i think its one of his best. Because he showed great boxing skills and used his right hand in a brilliant way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a great fight, he looks better at 135 in my eyes. I never expected the KO. Did you know he is the first Asian fighter to win belts at 4 weight classes now? If he can win a belt at 140 it would be amazing and I think he could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Any chance of rematching Marquez ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Even though Diaz is a lesser opponent than Morales, Barrera, Marquez, i think its one of his best. Because he showed great boxing skills and used his right hand in a brilliant way.

Is there any of his earlier fights where he displays this kind of endless 12round raw aggression??

I always fought that 1st barrera fight was pacs most dominant display, but saturday night definetely topped that!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hughesd View Post
    Any chance of rematching Marquez ?
    Yes im sure it will happen if Marquez beats Casamayor.

ICB Guest

Is there any of his earlier fights where he displays this kind of endless 12round raw aggression??

I always fought that 1st barrera fight was pacs most dominant display, but saturday night definetely topped that!!
    Manny Pacquiao has only gone 12 rounds 5 times, twice with Marquez, once with Barrera, once with Morales, once with Larios.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pacquiao has only gone 12 rounds 5 times, twice with Marquez, once with Barrera, once with Morales, once with Larios.
    Am i right in saying el terrible is the only one of those that has managed to outpoint him??

what a great great fight that was

ICB Guest

Am i right in saying el terrible is the only one of those that has managed to outpoint him??

Yep your right Pacquiao's other losses were when he was really young, one was where he was weight drained and got KO'ed by a body shot that looked low to me, but IMO the only boxer who has ever had Pacquiao's number is Marquez, because he circles clockwise and forces Pacquiao to move in a direction which is against his natural power thus taking away his left hand which is his best weapon, and plus because Marquez has excellent timing and he is a counter puncher, he can beat Pacquiao's speed with timing ever heard of the old saying timing beats speed ?? plus he leads with straight right hands right down the pipe and throws left hooks to the body which is perfect against a Southpaw, all these little things are needed when fighting Southpaws and Marquez has got it down to a tee.
    Last edited by ICB; 06-30-2008 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep your right Pacquiao's other losses were when he was really young, one was where he was weight drained and got KO'ed by a body shot that looked low to me, but IMO the only boxer who has ever had Pacquiao's number is Marquez, because he circles clockwise and forces Pacquiao to move in a direction which is against his natural power, and plus because he has excellent timing because he is a counter puncher, he can beat Pacquiao's speed with timing ever heard of the old saying timing beats speed ?? plus he leads with straight right hands right down the pipe and throws left hooks to the body, all these little things are needed when fighting Southpaws and Marquez has got it down to a tee.

I had it 114-112 for marq in the 1st and 114-113 for marq in the 2nd.

The 1st fight in particular grinds my gears still, even with 3 knockdowns you can only ever score a round 10-7 and after that he must of won at least 8 of the remaining 11 rounds!!

ICB Guest

Yep your right Pacquiao's other losses were when he was really young, one was where he was weight drained and got KO'ed by a body shot that looked low to me, but IMO the only boxer who has ever had Pacquiao's number is Marquez, because he circles clockwise and forces Pacquiao to move in a direction which is against his natural power, and plus because he has excellent timing because he is a counter puncher, he can beat Pacquiao's speed with timing ever heard of the old saying timing beats speed ?? plus he leads with straight right hands right down the pipe and throws left hooks to the body, all these little things are needed when fighting Southpaws and Marquez has got it down to a tee.

The 1st fight in particular grinds my gears still, even with 3 knockdowns you can only ever score a round 10-7 and after that he must of won at least 8 of the remaining 11 rounds!!
    Well i did score it a 10-6 round but i still had Marquez winning by 1 point, and i had him winning the 2nd fight by 1 point as well.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of his greatest ever, maybe his best. When have we seen Manny utilize hooks and uppercuts so effectively. When have we seen him utilize his footspeed that well. Diaz was a quality opponent and Pac blew him out of the water. Total virtuoso performance.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THAT SIR IS THE TRUEST POST YOU HAVE EVER MADE.
    HAVE SOME REP
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more I watch the second fight I can't see how people have Marquez winning, it was definitely a close fight, but compubox was BS in that fight, and Marquez didn't clearly win as many rounds as Pcaquaio in that fight. Same with the first fight NO WAY did Marquez win 8 of the 11 rounds. Watch them again. marquez wins the middle rounds in both fights then Pacquaio comes back late.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

The more I watch the second fight I can't see how people have Marquez winning, it was definitely a close fight, but compubox was BS in that fight, and Marquez didn't clearly win as many rounds as Pcaquaio in that fight. Same with the first fight NO WAY did Marquez win 8 of the 11 rounds. Watch them again. marquez wins the middle rounds in both fights then Pacquaio comes back late.
    I thought Marquez swept the last 2 rounds in there 2nd fight.

Thread Information