Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The better side of Mayweather

I don't know when exactly this video was taken but imagine what could have been? Floyd is humble, soft-spoken, polite, confident (NOT COCKY!), and seemed to just enjoy teaching the viewers.

If he had stayed with this persona, he may have been one of the more beloved champions..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gl_l7P5T8qs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The better side of Mayweather

Oxymoron!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by caleoh12 View Post
    I don't know when exactly this video was taken but imagine what could have been? Floyd is humble, soft-spoken, polite, confident (NOT COCKY!), and seemed to just enjoy teaching the viewers.

If he had stayed with this persona, he may have been one of the more beloved champions..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gl_l7P5T8qs
    I don't think he deserves credit just for being polite and helpful to someone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do. Look at who he isn't nice to and when it is exactly that he isn't nice. It's opponents, perhaps trainers and all leading up to a fight. After the fight he is always humble and I've never heard of anyone outside of clubgoers looking for trouble who has personally had a problem with him.
    Oops

ICB Guest

I have never minded Floyd Mayweather Jr's silly antics before fights i know its all just BS to hype the fight anyway, to my knowledge he has always given opponents respect after the fight. He gave Hatton a lot of respect, he gave Gatti a lot of respect. But to be honest i don't really care what he does outside the ring as long as he don't kill anyone or do anything extreme, i'll always be a fan of him inside the ring and thats what boxing is all about. Of course its good to have a nice guy like Kelly Pavlik but it doesn't really matter to me, as long as they do there job inside the ring thats all that counts IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    I do. Look at who he isn't nice to and when it is exactly that he isn't nice. It's opponents, perhaps trainers and all leading up to a fight. After the fight he is always humble and I've never heard of anyone outside of clubgoers looking for trouble who has personally had a problem with him.
    Id have to agree with this. I just got finished watching him fight Hatton and after the fight he went over to Hatton and acted like a normal person hugging him and what not. He could have been very popular imo if he didnt always try to hype himself by any means necessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this video was probably taken before he was so wealthy he can buy anything

thats y hes not cocky, he looked very young in the vid
    mind over speed and power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    I have never minded Floyd Mayweather Jr's silly antics before fights i know its all just BS to hype the fight anyway, to my knowledge he has always given opponents respect after the fight. He gave Hatton a lot of respect, he gave Gatti a lot of respect. But to be honest i don't really care what he does outside the ring as long as he don't kill anyone or do anything extreme, i'll always be a fan of him inside the ring and thats what boxing is all about. Of course its good to have a nice guy like Kelly Pavlik but it doesn't really matter to me, as long as they do there job inside the ring thats all that counts IMO.
    Didn't Mayweather have some legal issues for domestic violence and hitting some females in a club? Do those qualify as extreme?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    Didn't Mayweather have some legal issues for domestic violence and hitting some females in a club? Do those qualify as extreme?
    Yeah he had some legal problems with that.

Apparently a lot of my favorite fighters to watch in the ring could use some help when it comes to putting their hands on women.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who doesn't?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post

Apparently a lot of my favorite fighters to watch in the ring could use some help when it comes to putting their hands on women.

To call Floyd Mayweather Jr. a wife-beater, is the same thing as calling Kobe Bryant a rapist.

Neither accusation was remotely close to the truth, and I'm pretty sure that the Kobe Bryant rape charge went a lot farther in the judicial system than the supposed Floyd Mayweather domestic violence charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post

To call Floyd Mayweather Jr. a wife-beater, is the same thing as calling Kobe Bryant a rapist.

Neither accusation was remotely close to the truth, and I'm pretty sure that the Kobe Bryant rape charge went a lot farther in the judicial system than the supposed Floyd Mayweather domestic violence charge.
    In regards to celebrities and wealth blessed people, that usually means it's true without a doubt, and just proves that the celebrity/wealth blessed person has great lawyers and a lot of money to get a charge like that dropped..

However I agree with your point regarding Mayweather and a part of me hates him, apart of me knows he would be a decent person..

How he could be even relatively normal with a father like good old Roger is beyond me though..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard from many sources that on a persoanl level, one to one, Floyd is as amiable a fellow as one could meet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702 View Post
    Kobe couldnt rape his way out of a wet paper bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Out of context, yes. It wasn't in a club, though, it was in his house. Before the Gatti fight was made, apparently, the mother of at least one of his children was breaking things in his house. He didn't hit her, he restrained her and she charged him with hitting her. Gatti used this to his advantage. PBF had to plead no contest to get the fight made; a trial would have lost him the fight. And after the fact, she admitted he never hit her. I wouldn't qualify that as extreme.
    Oops

Thread Information