Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Condition

I also found something that said that lactate supply required by the brain (also fed by glucose but lactate is important during exercise) is reduced with time and intensity. I'm guessing that begins to explain what Scrap said about hydration, exercise fatigue and perception.

It also explains why if I want to distract myself during a long run I calculate what fraction I have left to run or have run already and recalculating that is so difficult in my semi-retarded state it keeps my mind fully occupied.

I always thought it was just glucose and oxygen but i guess it's more than that.
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post

Also found a good article about a centrifugal replacement for weights, although don't really know if that's, I'll just continue on the quest.
    still curious about this - I mean I think I have a tendancy to want to link things that may not be directly linked - sometimes is utter BS but sometimes not and it keeps things interesting for my unfocussed teeny weeny little brain.

Obviously it came up somewhere in your search following the lactate shuttle lead .......?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it did, search for microgravity exercises for astronauts, I found one article where they simulated lower body micro gravity and tested it against standing. It showed that the one under micro gravity had much greater efficiency. In that they were able to have a greater output per work as repetitions increased, this may be how less lactate is produced when horizontal. To achieve the same level of output less work is required, hence less energy and less lactate. However didn't really look into it too much as couldn't find too many articles on that specifically.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been doing some research of my own.

What do you think of Fartlek's Scrap?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like doing them on a track with a whistle and stop watch and judge certain Body language. You can do some Brilliant work.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    I like doing them on a track with a whistle and stop watch and judge certain Body language. You can do some Brilliant work.
    Thats what I thought.

I was just looking into them and they seem far more applicabable to the pros.

Do you think I could effectively apply it to Bagwork/pads routine?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To anything Don, look everything thats done today is pretty much the same as its always been, the secret is find a fancy new name for a routine and somebody makes a few qiud. If you have a Whistle and waych and a bit of imagination and understand what you are doing and can blow a whistle and tell the time anything is possible with time and motion. The secret is watching the Head and Posture.

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To anything Don, look everything thats done today is pretty much the same as its always been, the secret is find a fancy new name for a routine and somebody makes a few qiud. If you have a Whistle and waych and a bit of imagination and understand what you are doing and can blow a whistle and tell the time anything is possible with time and motion. The secret is watching the Head and Posture.
    I've got a book on the Alexander technique, is that what your talking about when you say posture? Efficient motion?
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm adressing my posture while punching now.

Also thinkintg of actually employing the pencil.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its the art of the Body giving { the Head} stability Salty, Its known as Oral stability its a must for movement and Balance. I read that years ago is it still in print, good read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post
    Been doing some research of my own.

What do you think of Fartlek's Scrap?
    I'm a fan of the fartlek. It's doable even if you don't have a running track close by because time is more the point.

Fun in a group too - even if it means some people have to jog back in the easy intervals so they have someone to chase while less speedy people just aim to stay in front as long as possible.

There are ways you can include and push everyone if you try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

Also thinkintg of actually employing the pencil.
    The pencil - is this effectively something like an almost straight splint for your back or am I waaaaaay off track?

Ages ago I bought a back brace but it only fits my lower back and I think it's time i worked out how to make / find something which will force me to have better posture in my upper back.

To be honest i don't really feel like the lower back support I have really does much!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was estabalished in Sweden in the 60s walk ,Jog, Run, But we spice it up abit on a track. Jog the Bends Sprint the straights, when they start to lose it walk the recovery. When recovered go again I find this way a lot more gets done with quality work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are you familiar with the Monaghetti fartleck Scrap?

Was wondering what you think of it quality wise.

It is as follows in that order with hard efforts followed by easy efforts for an equal time:

Hard efforts:

2 X 2 min
    2 X 90 sec
    4 X 60 sec
    4 X 45 sec
    4 X 30 sec
    4 X 15 sec

Obviously with a warm up and cool down also.

I've found it good in a group because people will feel stronger over different types of intervals so theres always a bit of a struggle or competition going between runners.

I think the longer intervals help make sure you've warmed up - although i admit you might not need that so much if you warm up properly.

The last short efforts can still be hard even if you're tired because psychologically you know it's shorter and seem to push through your fatigue more knowing that the intervals are short.

My favourite

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Use a simular idea, also use this valley up both sides for 200 metres jog down sprint up 30secs rest then go again theres about a 70ft rise both sides Kills them well the big lads it does

Thread Information