Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Condition

Ill be on and of this for a bit as Im computer Illiteret, well Illieret. Preparation for muscle to work, with every action we are trying to beat Gravity with it we encounter stress, impact. Show me an Athlete with Bad posture and Technique and Ill show you an accident waiting to happen. I studied this for a long time, and fortunatly met a man who was Head lecturer at Harved on Osteophaphy, He gave me my first clues many moons ago. Its all in the eyes ths dominant one, that side of the body performs the other side stableises the action which affects Gait posture and nuropshysical response. this can be rectified by teaching I call it.teaching the body Correct form by muscle memory. Wrong form bad memory, bad practice, bad results. I refer to feel a lot, to me its the most important sense of them all for do. Action is the response and if the first three inch of the action is wrong the whole , part, of the action is. Now how is this done, not in a hurry TBC.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Condition

This actually makes a lot of sense to me now and I understood first go!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I sort of have an idea, but still a bit of a riddle. I am however intrigued, lately I have downloaded a heap of sport related body functions in the hope of smartening the way I train, but not even touching the level that your talking about Scrap.
    "There are no ordinary moments"

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From fourteen we are what we are not alot will change, its not until youre just over eitgteen that the Body will naturally get stronger and be ready for an explosive workload within reason. People who try it the young, if they get a muscle tair have a problem the rest of there lives They cant repair as before noropshysicaly. Tares apply througthout all age groups when that happens theres a problem always. When muscle is used to generate power it contracts, so any sports person has a lot of muscle contraction going on in there lives. With very little expansion taking place, now if you want to get more contraction you need a muscle to expand the bigger the expansion the greater the cotraction. Its like throwing a brick six floors up onto concrete it will shatter, do the same with a rubber ball it wont why Flexability, designed to give. Now rubber works simular in adaptability to muscle the more it is stretched the weaker it becomes. Now theres a clue TBC .

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    From fourteen we are what we are not alot will change, its not until youre just over eitgteen that the Body will naturally get stronger and be ready for an explosive workload within reason. People who try it the young, if they get a muscle tair have a problem the rest of there lives They cant repair as before noropshysicaly. Tares apply througthout all age groups when that happens theres a problem always. When muscle is used to generate power it contracts, so any sports person has a lot of muscle contraction going on in there lives. With very little expansion taking place, now if you want to get more contraction you need a muscle to expand the bigger the expansion the greater the cotraction. Its like throwing a brick six floors up onto concrete it will shatter, do the same with a rubber ball it wont why Flexability, designed to give. Now rubber works simular in adaptability to muscle the more it is stretched the weaker it becomes. Now theres a clue TBC .
    Ya Scrap...I am going through a bit of this now with a trainer who is helping me set up workouts. He has concerns regarding my want/need to build up muscle. Right now I am looking to try a new routine as i've been working one for several months and feel I got as much benefit out of it as I can and it is time to work other muscle groups.

He tells me i'm am probably as strong as I can and should be at this age, and seeing my cardio is so good, and my condition and strength excellent, I should focus more on just technique and sparring...and to maintain what I got physically. not to push it too hard, so as not to cause damage.

I'm struggling with the concept, but am starting to believe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    That defently made a lot of sense, no one has ever put the need for stretching and improving flexibility so well. Recently I have been having hamstring problems, and realise I have ignored the stretching/flexbility training which my body desires. I guess I'm still stuck in the "push yourself to the limits" phase, where instead I should be doing the most benefitial thing for my body. Which at the moment could mean lengthening my muscles rather than building upon them. Back to research and devise myself a flexibility routine for the mornings. The human body is an amazing organism, so complex yet on the scale of the universe rather simple and flawed.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Water water everywhere, youve heard the saying, the Body comprises of 60% of it, its the best transporter of energy around the body there is. With a high Metobalism and hard work the body needs 5 litres of liqiud a day to work at its optimun. A little tip put a teaspoon level of salt and 2 of brown sugar in each litre it will help Hydration. Make a habit of it,aAS a point of interest pure water has no calories and muscle finds it very hard to work without its help and its propertys and looses perception tires qiuckly and is given stress. It remembers bad practice and a Nueron has a wonderful memory the little Fucker.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Simply, condition is about reaching maximum fitness without injury. What it takes is time, its not a rush job its about evolving with correct form and posture and understanding througth practice and correct technique the easy way YOUR body to stimolated exercise. Remember an injuered Body cant get fit and the memory lasts forever. So your muscle response is never the same. If you buy a new car for £ 30,000 you look after it the word Im looking for is care you maintain it you feed it oil and petrol you try and make sure it never overheats, checks water regularly any body mess with your car theres trouble. Do we give that care to the most important thing you will ever have yourself, do we Fuck. TBC

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now the interesting bit, years ago 69 to be exact I started playing with rubber a first I think or so people tell me, and Ive never been slow to ask people who knew more than me, there were plenty questions. Im not telling you how but here are a few clues. Your bodys Heart works 35% better Horizontal on your back, also with the tests weve done in the laboratry using certain techniques the body pruduces 30% less latic acid remember lactic shuttle, Fuel. Okay because youre flat gravity isnt such an issue with your venus returns your Heart isnt pumping up less stress plus theres very little impact on joints. Now you can get as much stress and impact three or four days a week as you ever want. But wouldnt it be nice with the rest of your time if you were work and help repair the damage you created and help the body work and adapt to working with less fuel injury free that sounds a good idea, its all done with rubber ,balls and all TBC

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive had a bollocking, anyway something else Fit Balls. The things you can do with these things are endless with a bit of imagenation anything as regards good Technique are endless theres Hundreds of ways to power stretch your way to technique and correct form. They are probably the best thing in a gym at this time. Honest Ive come up with Hundreds of ways to icorperate good practice using these things, Ive nothing better to do with my time . Yhese and 5 feet of rubber are wonderfull in a bit Ill put a few up if the wife will let me. Better Better best never let it rest untill your Betters Better and your Best is Best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awesome thread thanks Scrap!

Thanks for mentioning it in the Running thread too Bomp - i haven't kept up with checking the forum as carefully as I used to lately and I might have stupidly missed it!

Damn this rep spreading thing! I'd like to rep you Scrap and wanted to rep Salty before too have to spread it!

I sit on a fitball more often than a chair now. At home where I have more space than at uni I put my feet on my wobble board so I can't even brace against the floor to slouch.

I want to put a plank or something over a water bottle or can under my uni desk for the same reason but haven't gotten organized yet (as per usual).

I had NO idea how much I slouched to the right until I couldn't (do it as much) anymore.

I'm not really creative with my fitballs though - i'll have to sit down one day and see what I can come up with and post it and see whether or not it's any good.

In the meantime I'm loving this thread Scrap and I'll be re-reading it a few times i think!
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I tried that fitball one you suggested scrap, where you start with the ball straight in front. Then slowly bring your arms into right angles with it, seemed to work pretty well. I did one where your sort of isometrically punching the ball as hard as you can into a wall, don't know if it did much but defently could feel it afterwards.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi Scrap,

I was just thinking about the verti-run. When i attempted a makeshift version of it (which i'm sure is pretty rough and ready compared to the real thing) i didn't have any resistance and couldn't get my heart rate up either.

Still you're moving while you're on it - so you must be working something right?!?! It's not really cardio and not really strength training - unless it works deep internal muscles which you feel less - good for the circulatory system? Allows more efficent pumping of blood by your heart?
    When handiicapped having a trained nosepicker help out and personal hair stylist is indispensible Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ok so this was probably staring me in the face and I only just realized it.

Perhaps the whole idea of the fifth phase being a break and the horizontal running are not completely unrelated.

In plants you will get a different response to stress depending on the severity and duration of the stress. Some responses just take a little longer to kick in or are only applicable within a certain range.

So I don't see why the same thing wouldn't apply to humans. I mean our bodies really can't be bothered going to a huge effort to make our system ready for a particular type of effort if our effort is over almost as soon as we begin. That would be a waste of resources.

So if we're fighting over the remote on the coach for 5 seconds before going back into a resting state I wouldn't expect the body to react in the same way it would to tolerate the stress of exercising over a longer duration.

Still it'd be great to have the mechanisms which help you maximise exercise benefit and minimise damage as soon as you begin exercise - which is why we warm up. Perhaps that extra 20 mins or so after the warm up allows the slower physiological responses to kick in (maybe hormonal ?).

The horizontal running takes away stress but probably activates some of the same responses that vertical running would? So if you had it as part of your warm up - you wouldn't be stressing anything but you'd also have you body a little more prepared than you otherwise would before exerting stress?

It would also allow correct posture to be supported. No stress, chemical/ hormonal preparation and physical support for the correct form before starting exercise would all be a huge benefit right?

Maybe, sorta, kinda - ish?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Find something on Latic shuttle some clues you should find.

Thread Information