Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default training

What does an average days training involve in preparing for a championship bout? I know some work harder than others but do any of you have any idea of what any particular boxers day involves? Â

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: traning

and yes i know training is spelled that way for all of you spelling fanatics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no answers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyones different. Nothing is set in stone.

If you were asking for some specific boxers routines I may be able to help you out (I know how Hatton, Roy Jones, Eubank and a Young Tyson trained - specifically!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If your interested, I also know how top pro's Dean Francis and Glenn Catley trained (seeing as I trained at the same gym in my prime )..

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wrong board

this just went up last night....

http://www.saddoboxing.com/1569-trai...in-to-win.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    wrong boardÂ

What Wadman doesn't seem to realise is that skill comes first.. learning how to box!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to add you need a balanced meal after training, if you are looking to regain energy you need to take in carbs to restock the liver with glycogen post training, protein is of course important to ensure your muscles are able to build up and not continually break down through exercise.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    wrong boardÂ

What Wadman doesn't seem to realise is that skill comes first.. learning how to box!
    Whats with that negative comment...he also didnt cover hand wraps maybe it was because the article was about over training. :

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: training

see what I put up with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    wrong boardÂ

Whats with that negative comment...he also didnt cover hand wraps maybe it was because the article was about over training. :
    I've visited Wadman's website, and he doesn't explain anything on actually boxing or how to box - which is what boxing is all about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DD
    your 100% right, boxing is all about skill, without mastering the basics you will not survive in this sport. but as stated, the article is about conditioning and the right way to do it, but i think i will do a article based on skill next
    anyone wanting to box must get in the ring and box! nothing else in the world will get them more ready than actually getting into the ring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep. But I think that plyo's etc shouldn't even come into it for anybody just starting out. I agree that plyo's, some olympic lifts maybe, 3-5 rep squatting/benching, shuttle running, wind sprints etc can take you to the next level.. but I don't think they should come into it unless your intermediate-advanced.

If somebody came to me and asked me how to box, I'd firstly learn them the textbook stance (feet shoulder width then move left foot towards right foot so left toes meet right toes at angle, step forward 12-15 inches with left foot, raise heel of right foot slightly, both left and right toes pointing between 12 and 2 o'clock, hips level and directly under shoulders, raise left hand to cheek level thumb to the outside, carry right hand at chin level thumb to the outside, elbows in) then I'd tell tell them that all the breathing needs to come through nostrils, and then I'd learn them how to textbook jab, and then I'd learn them how to textbook right cross, and then I'd learn them how to textbook hook, and then I'd learn them how to textbook uppercut, and then I'd learn them to never square their hips.. to keep their chin tucked.. to distribute their weight evenly.. I'd learn them head movement, and I'd learn them the general rule of movement in the ring (if you want to move forward - step with your front foot and follow with the back, if you want to move left - step with your left foot and follow with your right, and so on, so you first move the foot that is in the direction you want to go), I'd learn them that while the balls off your feet should be touching the floor at all times do not tip forward, and I'd learn them that atleast one foot should be touching the floor at all times. I could go into a lot of detail about how to execute each punch, I could go into detail about combinations, counter-punching and body-punching.. but I won't, because I can't be bothered So I'd learn them skills first and foremost, how to box, they can do some bodyweight exercises to help stay in shape, then maybe when they are abit more advanced I'd bring in some plyo's, get them stop-start sprinting instead of just plain old jogging, maybe bring in some weights.. but not until they have practised the basics of boxing skill-wise over and over again for a good while and got into the swing of things properly.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very well said, DD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good post DD
    but again, the article was aimed at fighters, not beginners
    a beginner should be with a coach face to face learning the basics not reading from articles, books etc.... they need to be shown about balance, punching and movement.

Thread Information