19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fatty needs Help!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBhoy View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys.

I know my diet needs to change but its hard work when your bursting your arse at work all day, go for lunch and the last thing you want is a salad or something.

Im gonna substitute all snacks for fruit and stay off take aways for starters. Also gonna try to find some healthier dinners, baked potatoes with tuna and salad, stuff like that.

Il also try some more exerise, like I said though its hard work when your shattered after work.

Il start with running and skipping I think. Im actually not too bad a running(compared to other stuff). Maybe do 5 minutes running followed by a minute of skipping x 5, then try build up to 6/7/8 etc. Without any rest in between. How does that sound?

Anyway cheers for all the advice so far
    All depends on how much you want it dude. It sounds fine. Yea your diet and drinking habits are shit for you, and as the years pass on that course, not only will your girth grow, but your health will certainly suffer for it also...not to mention lowering your shot at making it to a ripe old average life expectancy.

You seem to be honest so it all boils down to your will power and how much you want it. You don't have to starve yourself, if fact, you can likely eat more, just wiser and healthier food. It'll suck a bit and you'll crave that shit food at the start, but soon if you stick to it...you won't miss it at all and wonder why you even ate the crap in the first place. Only way to do it though is to have it not in your house, and healthy snacks there in it's place. As for the cigarettes...

These message boards see a lot of people come thru them with these goals, and most of them are I believe sincere, but few stick around and follow the advice and guidance, much the same way new home gyms collect dust and fitness memberships go unfulfilled. Most lack will power and give up. So basically, it is up to you. How much you want it?

You want to be healthier, feel better about yourself, and maybe live a little longer? Ball is in your court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, hopefully the title got your attention

My problem: I currently stand at 6"2 and 14 stone (196 pounds) at 25 years old. However the weight seems to be all around my gut/love handles/man boobs etc.

Im not really a fatty or anything but I think too much booze and food are the problem. The booze will be getting cut drastically, Im thinking of going to Vodaka and Diet Coke when I drink ( only 1 calorie per glass apparently).

What Im aiming for ideally is 12.5 stone (175 pounds). Ive always been a kinda lanky guy so I dont really have big arms or anything so things like push ups are a knightmare for me

Just hoping that someone has some advice/ exercise plan I could follow and see how it works out. I dont want to be massive or anything, just tone up and drop the gut etc.

I have access to a gym after work and theres a football pitch down the road I could use for running and stuff.

Any ideas welcome guys, cheers!

Low carb high protein is superb for fat around the gut and boobs.

8wks and you will drop around 25lbs at your weight, if you have no more than 50g of Carbs daily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The plan:

Go easy on the booze this weekend.

New diet and exercise program starting on monday.Currently looking for some decent food ideas that doesnt make me starve/taste like shit.

Exercise wise, this will be the hard bit.

Monday - 0600 Wake up, slow jog to local park for warm up. 30 min run, after every 5 mins alternate between 1 minute of max pushups/sit ups/ burpees. Slow jog home for warm down.

Tuesday - 1730 After work. 30 mins on bike followed by 20 lengths in pool. ( Not a strong swimmer )

Wednesday - Repeat of Monday.

Thursday - Rest day.

Friday - Repeat of Tuesday.

Saturday - Repeat of Monday.

Sunday - Rest day.

IL see how this works out for a couple weeks.

Any suggestions to the routine to enhance it? I also have access to the weights etc in the gym, should I use them on 1 of the days or just concentrate on the cardio for the wight loss and toning?

Il weigh myself on Sunday night before routine starts then Il start a training log.

Cheers for the help

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you actually plan to excercise upon waking up in the morning, it's crucial you have a decent breakfast soon afterwards. No offence, but I don't think you really need a whole lot of advice from reading your post. If you never eat breakfast, drink a lot, and eat generally fried and fatty foods throughought the day, your never going to lose weighht. There's no secrets to it really, if you want to be at your ideal body weight you should eat primarily natural, raw foods and get regular excercise.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nagel View Post
    Try this...

Now with fewer calories than regular water.

I invented powdered water once, but couldnt work out what to add to it.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The plan:

Go easy on the booze this weekend.

New diet and exercise program starting on monday.Currently looking for some decent food ideas that doesnt make me starve/taste like shit.

Exercise wise, this will be the hard bit.

Monday - 0600 Wake up, slow jog to local park for warm up. 30 min run, after every 5 mins alternate between 1 minute of max pushups/sit ups/ burpees. Slow jog home for warm down.

Tuesday - 1730 After work. 30 mins on bike followed by 20 lengths in pool. ( Not a strong swimmer )

Wednesday - Repeat of Monday.

Thursday - Rest day.

Friday - Repeat of Tuesday.

Saturday - Repeat of Monday.

Sunday - Rest day.

IL see how this works out for a couple weeks.

Any suggestions to the routine to enhance it? I also have access to the weights etc in the gym, should I use them on 1 of the days or just concentrate on the cardio for the wight loss and toning?

Il weigh myself on Sunday night before routine starts then Il start a training log.

Cheers for the help

What resistance training are you doing, if any?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    Ok, hopefully the title got your attention

My problem: I currently stand at 6"2 and 14 stone (196 pounds) at 25 years old. However the weight seems to be all around my gut/love handles/man boobs etc.

Im not really a fatty or anything but I think too much booze and food are the problem. The booze will be getting cut drastically, Im thinking of going to Vodaka and Diet Coke when I drink ( only 1 calorie per glass apparently).

What Im aiming for ideally is 12.5 stone (175 pounds). Ive always been a kinda lanky guy so I dont really have big arms or anything so things like push ups are a knightmare for me

Just hoping that someone has some advice/ exercise plan I could follow and see how it works out. I dont want to be massive or anything, just tone up and drop the gut etc.

I have access to a gym after work and theres a football pitch down the road I could use for running and stuff.

Any ideas welcome guys, cheers!

Low carb high protein is superb for fat around the gut and boobs.

8wks and you will drop around 25lbs at your weight, if you have no more than 50g of Carbs daily.
    Well that's what fitness magazines/websites lead you to believe.....

It's not really the case.

If he has a very hard job (manual labour) it would be a very bad idea for him to only consume 50g of carbs per day.

Most of the weight he will lose will be muscle glycogen (and water) and not fat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tonbhoy - Sounds like your day to day job is very physcial so dont deprive yourself of the food you want cuz it increases the danger of you wanting to binge occasionally.

I used to be the same, exercise and wonder why I wasnt looking like Evander Holyfield. My personal experience is that its not 50-50 excercise and eating healthily. Its more 70-30 in favour of getting your diet under control cuz ultimatley that feeds your body . As soon as I got into the routine of eating good food you wont miss the fatty stuff. At teh stage you are at now avoiding your favourite foods are gonna be tough so do it gradually and dont punish yourself by depriving yourself of foods . Just dont over do it and you know what over doing it is .

You'll see teh difference in your abs when youve stuck to it for two weeks and that will give you the motivation to keep going.. Get as much wholegrain down you as possible, smoothies, skinless chicken, turkey breast, spinach , watercress, rocket salad , nothing fried and try to incorporate green tea into your day as often as possible. It will purify your body and help with weight loss. Hope it all goes well and as someone else said , depends how bad you want it !

Thread Information