Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever heard of undefeated Heavyweight Malik Scott?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ever heard of undefeated Heavyweight Malik Scott?

man did anybody actually beat tyson in that game? that was a hard ass game, could never beat tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I remember Malik Scott. He was a pretty good prospect. Him and Dominick Guinn were in the same stable and fighting on a lot of the same cards and against the same opponents. Guinn suddenly stepped up with Michael Grant and it paid off bigtime. Since then he´s had a some big losses but also a few good wins. Scott never stepped up for some reason. A bit of a shame.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah ive heard of him, think that David Bostice is about the best name on his record which is a shame for someone who is 30-0. He is another heavyweight who has become obsessed with piling on the pounds and weighed in last time out at 248lb. Interesting really when you look at the fact that last time he scored a knockout he was weighing in at 226lbs and that was almost 4 years ago. Also at that point he was scoring a knockout in over 50% of his contests and although he has never been a great puncher he was certainly a better puncher in them days.
    Anyway he must be injured now as he has always been quite active but hasn't fought for almost 8 months and doesn't seem to have anything lined up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Breaking Malik Scott News for all you Malik-maniacs
    The IBF has scheduled a purse bids on August 5 for heavyweight "Fast" Eddie Chambers' USBA mandatory defense against Malik Scott.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eddie Chambers is a good fighter. Could be cruiserweight champion imo, hope he wins. HUGE step up for Scott.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Eddie Chambers is a good fighter. Could be cruiserweight champion imo, hope he wins. HUGE step up for Scott.
    Yeah we should see just how deserved Scott is of his "Perfect Record". Chambers is good just struggles with stamina a bit and is quite featherfisted. We will also see how Chambers comes back from defeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Chambers is that Feather Fisted. I though he could have taken Povetkin out if he sustained the pressure he had on him in the first three rounds. Stamina though appears to be a problem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut View Post
    I dont think Chambers is that Feather Fisted. I though he could have taken Povetkin out if he sustained the pressure he had on him in the first three rounds. Stamina though appears to be a problem.
    Maybe feather fisted was the wrong expression. He doesn't hit like Foreman though. I think he looks a bit like a younger version of Chris Byrd but Byrd had better stamina

El Kabong Guest

I like Eddie but his lack of offense is surprising...he throws very well, not with tons of power but short sharp punches. His defense is very good but those bigger guys (the "superheavies") can hurt him whether he has his guard up or not.

Malik Scott is feather fisted....how can a guy that big not KO more fighters

Where have all the hard ass fighters from America gone?!?!?! Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe....I guess they stay in the lower weight classes now a days. Wish Kelly Pavlik was a heavyweight at like 6'5 240...that would be pretty cool

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I like Eddie but his lack of offense is surprising...he throws very well, not with tons of power but short sharp punches. His defense is very good but those bigger guys (the "superheavies") can hurt him whether he has his guard up or not.

Malik Scott is feather fisted....how can a guy that big not KO more fighters

Where have all the hard ass fighters from America gone?!?!?! Tyson, Holyfield, Bowe....I guess they stay in the lower weight classes now a days. Wish Kelly Pavlik was a heavyweight at like 6'5 240...that would be pretty cool
    They Don't need to be that big. They just need to be good. Look at Ali 6'3 210-220 in his prime. He would beat every single heavy now no problem.

El Kabong Guest

I know people will say I'm a Wlad "nut hugger" but I say this in general and I'm definently not using Wlad as THE example BUT.....the fighters today are bigger and stronger than they used to be.

Ali is one of the greatest of all-time but he was THE BIGGEST heavyweight of his era as well. Which is why him beating Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe....it would be a lot harder than beating Foreman as those guys are all bigger than Ali AND they had good technical boxing skills.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know people will say I'm a Wlad "nut hugger" but I say this in general and I'm definently not using Wlad as THE example BUT.....the fighters today are bigger and stronger than they used to be.

Ali is one of the greatest of all-time but he was THE BIGGEST heavyweight of his era as well. Which is why him beating Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Riddick Bowe....it would be a lot harder than beating Foreman as those guys are all bigger than Ali AND they had good technical boxing skills.
    Foreman was bigger than Holyfield. He also came back as an old overweight man and won the heavyweight title. So to me the 70s crop would beat the modern BIGGER heavyweights. There have always been giants in heavyweight division like Carnera, Abe Simon and Buddy Baer from the old days but when they got in the ring with a well trained mobile heavyweight they got beaten badly (Carnera Vs Max Baer and Buddy Baer and Abe Simon Vs Joe Louis)

El Kabong Guest

Foreman was 6'4 220 in his prime.....Evander was 6'3 218-220 in his prime but he was a better BOXER than Foreman was in his prime. George would knock Evander the fuck out in their primes but Ali would have trouble with him because he was like a mix of Joe Frazier and Ken Norton....big awkward and never stopped working and Ali had trouble with both those guys.

Foreman never fought Bowe or Lewis and there was good reason at that time in his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Biggest Heavyweight of his era? are you kidding?!??! What defines "biggest" for you? If your talking height; Ernie Terrell, Jeff Merritt, Duke Sabedong were taller and heavier...Joe Bugner and George Foreman and Dante Cane were just as tall and heavier...the list goes on and one, why are you so hung up on size? Specifically what size are you talking about?!?!?

Today's fighters are heavier becuase in the days of competitive heavyweight action 15 rounds of punching was expected...watch Ali-Frazier, Holmes-Norton, Liston-Mechem, Dempsey-Tunney then watch Wlad weeze and gasp to go 10 rounds and tell me how great Dr Steal Hammer is! Todays heavies are fatter, slower and have less stamina then even the heavies of 20 years ago...

Primo Carnerra, Ernie Terrell, Jeff Merrit, Gerhard Zech, Hein Ten Hoff, Mike White, Jorge Luis Gonzalez, Rodolfo Marin, Tyrell Biggs all great big guys that were hardly dominant for their times...

Face it, today's heavyweights are pathetic and Wlad is the best of the worste crop of fighters in probably 40 years!

El Kabong Guest

Fine Ali was smaller than Earnie Terrell...Joe Louis was smaller than Buddy Baer and Primo Carnera but it doesn't make those guys great. Ali had plenty of skill but the big guys of his era: Terrell, Foreman, and all the other guys you list weren't COMPLETE fighters which is why I state Ali would have trouble with the guys like Lewis, Bowe, and Holyfield. Foreman only learned to box late in his career if he knew that in his prime he would have beaten Ali or at least gone the distance because he wouldn't have gased out

Lennox Lewis was a complete fighter, Riddick Bowe was a complete fighter, and Evander Holyfield was a complete fighter....those guys could punch with power AND box extremely well.

You can't really name ANYONE even Ali that would have an easy time with those guys.

Thread Information