1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Rivalry: Mexico vs. Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    And if he loses join our Cotto band wagon

I visit that wagon frequently. Mainly Cotto and any other fighter in the WW division. Are you ready to jump?
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No problem, I am a fan of Margarito, just think he is the second best Welterweight in the world at present.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No problem, I am a fan of Margarito, just think he is the second best Welterweight in the world at present.

Saturday will answer so much, I cant even work right now I just stopped no use trying........its over
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mexirican View Post
    Rivalry is an understatement. It goes far beyond the ring. My father is 100% mexican and my mother is 100% P.R. of course they weren't married long. Everyone asks me how the hell they ever fell in love. Both sides bad mouth the other race and all I can do is sit back and laugh. Outside of the gym we battle over who has the more beautiful woman, better food, and breath taking land. Either way I am very proud to be 50% 50%, we produce the best fighters (champs) of any other country in the world. Hard to root for any fighter when the two races square off. I love my people and the heart we show in and out the ring.
    Without a doubt, our women are the finest . Just go to any of the malls in Puerto Rico, specifically Plaza de las Americas, and sit on a bench, and you will see what I mean. By the way, being from Youngstown and to classify you politically correctly, does your heritage make you a Mexirican-American?
    Puerto Rico does have some fine women. I like the fact that 85% of them are straight whores. The easily beats the 50% of Mexican whores. The best are the flip women. There at 95%. Now that a great percentage.

Now this post deserves permanent banning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mexirican View Post
    Rivalry is an understatement. It goes far beyond the ring. My father is 100% mexican and my mother is 100% P.R. of course they weren't married long. Everyone asks me how the hell they ever fell in love. Both sides bad mouth the other race and all I can do is sit back and laugh. Outside of the gym we battle over who has the more beautiful woman, better food, and breath taking land. Either way I am very proud to be 50% 50%, we produce the best fighters (champs) of any other country in the world. Hard to root for any fighter when the two races square off. I love my people and the heart we show in and out the ring.
    Without a doubt, our women are the finest . Just go to any of the malls in Puerto Rico, specifically Plaza de las Americas, and sit on a bench, and you will see what I mean. By the way, being from Youngstown and to classify you politically correctly, does your heritage make you a Mexirican-American?
    Puerto Rico does have some fine women. I like the fact that 85% of them are straight whores. The easily beats the 50% of Mexican whores. The best are the flip women. There at 95%. Now that a great percentage.
    Id just like to know how a virgin who sleeps in his mom's basement would know all this? LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Macho View Post
    The Tito vs Campas fight to me was one of more devastating fight , Tito broke Campas mouth and sent him to Surgery , was terrible......

world class fighter vs a glorified TJ club fighter, yory boy did a good job in that fight and knock down tito in one of the shortest left hooks in boxing history. I would be embarrassed to put this fight on the list. Yes yory boy was undefeated but never fought anybody.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The very fact that he had Tito down and hurt (and Tito hit him low which showed he had him worried) means he was a very good fighter. Not an elite granted but he won the title by beating Raul Marquez (who is still going) and at his best gave the top fighter a tough time. I have no shame in saying that is one of my favourite fights. Explosive.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WhereWereWe View Post
    The very fact that he had Tito down and hurt (and Tito hit him low which showed he had him worried) means he was a very good fighter. Not an elite granted but he won the title by beating Raul Marquez (who is still going) and at his best gave the top fighter a tough time. I have no shame in saying that is one of my favourite fights. Explosive.

These are rookie myths. Tito did not need to hit Vargas low. At no time did Vargas have Tito hurt. For all this BS about low blows. Margarito hit Cotto low 4x in 1 fight. Not to mention hitting the poor guy while he was down.

I hope the rumors of steroid use are wrong about Margarito.
    Fernando Vargas didn't have Felix Trinidad hurt ? you have got to be kidding me Felix Trinidad was shook up by that knockdown and Fernando Vargas was in very strong position and was landing good shots on Felix Trinidad until Felix Trinidad deliberately low blowed Fernando Vargas come on even if your Felix Trinidad fan you can't seriously believe Felix Trinidad wasn't hurt it was obvious otherwise he wouldn't of been forced to use illegal tactics to survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ssss View Post

These are rookie myths. Tito did not need to hit Vargas low. At no time did Vargas have Tito hurt. For all this BS about low blows. Margarito hit Cotto low 4x in 1 fight. Not to mention hitting the poor guy while he was down.

Fernando Vargas didn't have Felix Trinidad hurt ? you have got to be kidding me Felix Trinidad was shook up by that knockdown and Fernando Vargas was in very strong position and was landing good shots on Felix Trinidad until Felix Trinidad deliberately low blowed Fernando Vargas come on even if your Felix Trinidad fan you can't seriously believe Felix Trinidad wasn't hurt it was obvious otherwise he wouldn't of been forced to use illegal tactics to survive.
    Come on... Those are big words saying delibeate low blows. There were low blows for sure, but also Vargas put some of drama something that Tito didn't do when received the low blows that nobody saw or want to remember.

This was an epic battle, and one of my favorites of all time (if not the favorite). I don't want to take anything from any of them.
    Puerto Rico, Small Island, Big Champions!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We will be having a new chapter of this rivalry in August when Calderon gives the rematch to Cazares. I believe this will be a tough one for the Puertorrican due to the weight, size and strength advantage of Hugo. However, the Iron Boy has skills that make him deserve to be considered one of the best pound of pound. However, other disadvantage is his lack of power, which makes the fight even more difficult for him because Cazares will chaise him without fear of being hurt. I am hoping that he can repeat the results of the first fight winning an even wider decision this time, and avoiding other Cotto - Margarito result.

Iron Boy I am with you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post

Come on... Those are big words saying delibeate low blows. There were low blows for sure, but also Vargas put some of drama something that Tito didn't do when received the low blows that nobody saw or want to remember.

This was an epic battle, and one of my favorites of all time (if not the favorite). I don't want to take anything from any of them.
    I would say without a doubt they were deliberate im a Tito fan but even i have to admit they were deliberate whether it wouldn't of or would have changed the outcome im not really sure but all i know that Felix Triniad was shook up at that point and he did use an illegal blow to get time to recover.........

But sometimes in boxing you have to do what you have to do to survive it may sound wrong but thats boxing and that was Tito's natural survival instinct coming into play theres nothing wrong in it plenty of boxers past/present have done the samething.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think a fan watching on TV can determine without a doubt whether a low blow is intentional or not. In the heat of battle, a lot of blows go south of the border in many fights. Don't forget that Vargas went low also, and on several occasions. Tito just kept fighting... didn't make a show of it.

The only low blow I've seen that I know was deliberate? Zab Judah aiming at Floyd Mayweather's nuts and then rabbit-punching him after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto Rican Punch View Post

I would say without a doubt they were deliberate im a Tito fan but even i have to admit they were deliberate whether it wouldn't of or would have changed the outcome im not really sure but all i know that Felix Triniad was shook up at that point and he did use an illegal blow to get time to recover.........

But sometimes in boxing you have to do what you have to do to survive it may sound wrong but thats boxing and that was Tito's natural survival instinct coming into play theres nothing wrong in it plenty of boxers past/present have done the samething.
    I have to disagree 200% on this one. Just take a look at Tito's face when Jay Nady stopped the action at the different moments for either warning or penalizing Tito. The facial expressions say that those blows were not deliberate, and I believe that Vargas put some drama trying to get Tito penalized or disqualified that was the only way he had to win the fight. Again, don't forget that Vargas hit Tito low a couple of time, but he didn't complaint. At some point I felt that the referee was biased in favor of Vargas... remember Don King's face at ring side when Tito was beating Vargas? King seemed kind of mad, what makes me think that Vargas was the raising star and Tito was talking about 2 more fights and then retire (Joppy and RJJ).

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So we can add;

JML-Marquez
    Calderon-Segura
    WV2-Hernandez
    Santiago-Solis
    Cintron-Angulo
    Alvarez-Cotto
    JML-Salido

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a white guy, but I grew up watching and in the gym with Mexican fighters. I still get emotional over Zarate vs Gomez...Viva Mexico!

Thread Information