Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much can you bench press, and what's your height and weight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How much can you bench press, and what's your height and weight?

Its been ages since i've posted in the 'Ask the trainer', and it's good to be back.

My maximum bech press is 70 kg's, 154 pounds.
    I'm 5,8 in height and 150 pounds in weight and 16 years old.

If you do state how much you can bench press, include the weight scale in kilograms too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How much can you bench press, and what's your height and weight?

127lbs 5'4" 17yrs
    bench press max lift is 140lbs(64 kgs ish)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It should also be mentioned for how many reps or even sets the lift is.. For 2 reps I could double the amount of weight that I can do with 10 reps,,, so I think that plays a part as well. It's kinda like asking someone what their fastest running time is without specifing the distance.. Uhhh, well not quite like that but you get the picture. Mines about 75kg for 5 sets of 8 reps. I weigh 80kg & 5'8". My best was 120kg a while ago but fell really ill for 2 years and my body shed most of it's muscle and the strength went with it but i'm getting back up to my former self now.
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

142lbs 5'6 15yrs old

max bench is 88.5kg or 195lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CMCorner23
    142lbs 5'6 15yrs old

max bench is 88.5kg or 195lbs
    195lbs, that's a heck of alot for you're age!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cillenmolin
    It should also be mentioned for how many reps or even sets the lift is.. For 2 reps I could double the amount of weight that I can do with 10 reps,,, so I think that plays a part as well.   It's kinda like asking someone what their fastest running time is without specifing the distance..   Uhhh, well not quite like that but you get the picture.  Mines about 75kg for 5 sets of 8 reps. I weigh 80kg & 5'8". My best was 120kg a while ago but fell really ill for 2 years and my body shed most of it's muscle and the strength went with it but i'm getting back up to my former self now. Â
    yeah, sorry about that, i'll try to be more specific next time.

I really meant what is you're maximum bench press, the heaviest you have ever lifted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im about 5 ft 9 11 stone i managed one rep of 120 kilograms. Its weird though this is when i did scaffolding and i was lifting weight everyday, but since i stopped 80 kilograms is wat i can do. Im 18
    A right hand can take you round the block, A jab round the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im 17, 5'9 height, weigh 56k ( thats 9 stone

Im quite a strong fit guy and max i do is 5 reps at 65kg

max i ever lifted is 85Kg but you shoudn't do that as 1 lift does jack all and its bad for you especially if you are under 18.

Mind you my bro-in-law is a former professional swimmer and he's about 6'3, 11 stone 6 but can easily press 120-140Kg so it really depends on how fit and strong you are (obviously lol)
    Knowledge is Power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

120 and 140 is 20 kilos apart witch one can he do ez? if some one weighs 11,6 stone i have it hard to belive he can lift 140 with ez :/ his breast has to be half his body weight :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that sounds about rite, a teacher at our school is a swimmer and quite skinny but he can lift like 100kgs easily, swimmers are really strong people i guess, must be from all the resistance under the water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright im the weakling here, which probably wierd for my size. The most i have ever lifted is 70 kilos. I did this about 2 yrs ago and then stopped lifting weights. Im currently 16, weight 87 kilos and im 6'1.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My bench max is 170 lbs. I am 6'3" and weigh about 157 lbs. after a meal. (I'm a tall lanky bastard, but I guess 170 is pretty good for a guy like me? )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i am 1,81-2 i havent maxed really but i train with 65 x10^3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

isnt the world record like 800 pounds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5'9 155 lbs max bench press 220 lbs.

The WR bench is actually up close to 1000 lbs now but they have these bench press shirts that give an easy 250-300 lbs. A 'raw" bench WR would probably be somewhere in the 700's.

Thread Information