Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Reyes vs Everlast???

iight fellas this is the dilemma i recently busted my old pair of training gloves they were RingSide gloves. Now i figured i wanted to step my glove game up and invest in Everlast or Cleto Reyes Gloves.
    I hear that Reyes gloves are supposed to be the best, hand made in mexico and give you the best punching power.
    And Everlast are also good and offer alot of protection.

I want training gloves but dont know if i should get the reyes or everlast SO i was wondering if anywith experience could say the pros and cons of both of the gloves
    With the gloves i will be doing heavy bag work and sparring so are the training gloves best or heavy bag gloves . thanks alot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Reyes vs Everlast???

everlast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bouncer
    everlast.
    Why?
    IMO training gloves should be durable and should offer good protection of the hands I'm not really sure but I think Everlast offers more protection,but I'm not sure on that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

r lonsdale gloves any good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lonsdale are good, quite good protection.
    ali wore everlast enought said! but then again so did sergio moya
    I'm the real pretty boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yea most of my gloves and bags r lonsdale, i have a good everlast heavybag tho ,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have 16 oz reyes training gloves and they are a really good fit and offer all the protection I need, even when going hard on the heavy bag. I've tried a couple of other gloves and they always felt a bit uncomfortable with my hands wrapped and after a few rounds it felt like my hands had absolutely no circulation... The reyes feel good though.. Although I have no doubt the everlast would be nice too.
    Also look at Grants (www.grantboxing.com). If my reyes ever break down (I doubt it though) i'm gonna try those grant gloves..
    But yeah, definate thumbs up on the reyes although I can't offer comparisions between the everlasts... At that level though, you're going to be getting a decent glove for the money no doubt, Just go with your gut..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reyes gloves are called punchers gloves because their weight is primarily in the back of the hand and wrist; much less over the knuckles. When your hands are wrapped just so, and you put on those reyes gloves you feel like socking somebody; the rush is worth two extra rounds. As far as bag gloves, I would avoid the super bag gloves by Ringside; rubbish. Cannot make a proper fist in them and it feels like your thumb is out front, especially on the left hook. Previously I had had two pair of these gloves, but the most recent pair was crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cillenmolin
    I have 16 oz reyes training gloves and they are a really good fit and offer all the protection I need, even when going hard on the heavy bag.  I've tried a couple of other gloves and they always felt a bit uncomfortable with my hands wrapped and after a few rounds it felt like my hands had absolutely no circulation... The reyes feel good though.. Although I have no doubt the everlast would be nice too.
    Also look at Grants (www.grantboxing.com). If my reyes ever break down (I doubt it though) i'm gonna try those grant gloves..Â
    But yeah, definate thumbs up on the reyes although I can't offer comparisions between the everlasts...  At that level though, you're going to be getting a decent glove for the money no doubt, Just go with your gut..
    That's important you gotta feel comfortable in your gloves

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you can try a pair on that's the best way, even though they may be the same weight, some are longer in the hand, the bar can feel in a different place, more protection on the wrist etc

Recently got some 16oz Reyes and they feel like anvils when your wrapped up

I have some big puffy title bag gloves which are good, I can't wear the thin ones and it busts up my knuckles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias
    Quote Originally Posted by cillenmolin
    I have 16 oz reyes training gloves and they are a really good fit and offer all the protection I need, even when going hard on the heavy bag.  I've tried a couple of other gloves and they always felt a bit uncomfortable with my hands wrapped and after a few rounds it felt like my hands had absolutely no circulation... The reyes feel good though.. Although I have no doubt the everlast would be nice too.
    Also look at Grants (www.grantboxing.com). If my reyes ever break down (I doubt it though) i'm gonna try those grant gloves..Â
    But yeah, definate thumbs up on the reyes although I can't offer comparisions between the everlasts...  At that level though, you're going to be getting a decent glove for the money no doubt, Just go with your gut..
    That's important you gotta feel comfortable in your gloves
    yeah comfort is definetly important.. While your training you want to be focused on your punching technique and your slipping and countering and foot work & intensity,,, the last thing you want to be focused on is how crap your hands feel in your gloves every time you have a swing at the bag... It just makes it that much harder to push yourself every time you train..
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

right now i use a pair of 16oz everlast traing gloves and i love them they provide a nice amount of protection over my knuckles i feel and are quit comfey . but for my compitution gloves i dont know what im going to get yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks alot every one for the input it really helped. I went ahead and got the Reyes 10 oz lace upbag gloves AND THERE GREAT, I have pretty heavy hands and wrapped up hitting a 100lbs Everlast bag i felt nothing. they fit perfectly and are comfortable and i havent even broken them in yet. The only thing that sucked was the $100 i had to pay for them put it was totally worth it. And its true you put these gloves on and you feel like you can knock out king kong.

Thread Information