Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: A Brief Look At The Game Right Now! As I see it...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default A Brief Look At The Game Right Now! As I see it...

My thoughts on Boxing right now... Right, wrong or indifferent here they are...

Floyd Mayweather is not retired. I don't think boxers know what the word retire actually means... It means you are done... FOR LIFE! He will return to fight the winner of Margarito/Cotto... Their fight will tell who the deffinitive Welterweight king is... Then he will come out of "retirment" to attempt to dethrone them.

Gamboa IS the next big thing...

Delahoya needs to do one or the other... He needs to either be a fighter or be a promoter. I am not a huge Delahoya fan... Probably because I just get sick of him and his shameless self promotion. I loved watching him fight but c'mon... I'm so sick of his promotional ploys on his own fights and how he just always needs to be in the spotlight... Comlete with him setting up shitty cards so he won't be upstaged at his own main event. Fight or promote. He deserves the money. He's paid his dues but WTF...

Wlad is a boring coward boring fighter... Not saying he's not skilled but he acts much like Ruiz did after he nearly got decapitated by Tua... He fights like he's scared. Is he dominant? Yes. Is he the best right now? Yes. Do I need to like him ? No.

Although if Cotto wins this his fans will make a bid for the fact he is #1 P4P... He won't be... Manny still will hold that crown.(nevermind the fact Cotto won't win)

Cotto vs Margarito is one of those fights that come along like 2 or three times a lifetime... A fight that can live up to its own hype. It will... and Margarito will walk away cut, battered, bruised and VICTORIOUS!

Michael Katsidis will will bounce back from his heartbreaking loss to Ring Mag Champ Joel Casamayor by demoralizing Juan Diaz... Juan, not the best fighter to come back against after your loss to Nate Campbell... Not a good decision at all... But all the credit to him for not coming back to a 24-15 fighter...

Bernard will loss to Pavlik but the fight will be ugly. Nard will not(contrary to what some might think) hit the canvas. He will know he was in a fight though... He will blame age for loss.

Kelly Pavlik IS the centerpiece of American boxing...

Bad Chad will beat Antonio Tarver... (C'mon... he's a milkdud)

Mosley could have been much bigger then he is today... MUCH bigger. It was due to lack luster management and his own stubborn personality that got him where he is(atop the div... but not commanding the money he probably could)

Jeff Lacy is an enigma to me... The man shows that he can do all kinds of thing... Decent jab... decent movement... good chin and power in both hands but he fights like he's learned nothing since being dismantled by Joe C. He shows flashes of good boxing and then just... reverts. He peaked 2 yrs ago.(sorry JT but I think it's true)

Manny does not have a friggin shot against an in-shape DLH... Sorry... No shot.

JMM beats Casamayor... Come back to this thread and rub it in may face if you don't think so. Casa most likely used the rest of what he had in the tank against Kats...

Joe C and his handlers care more about his undefeated record then his legacy... That's why he won't have one. I like Joe. I am a fan of sorts. I didn't root for him against Hopkins kuz I'm a big Hop fan but I like him. He needs to fight Pavlik and then he's the man in my book. He gets MUCH more credit in my book for fighting Kelly then Roy... Roy is past it and although dangerous... Not to Joe and we all know that... He must thing the fans are dumb cuz he's been trating us like that for most of his career.

Anywho... Those are just a few rants...

Have a good day
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: A Brief Look At The Game Right Now! As I see it...

ok, good that you stated as your opinion have to respect that!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't rep you (gotta spread some around first)... but well stated. My comments below:

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

Floyd Mayweather is not retired. I don't think boxers know what the word retire actually means... It means you are done... FOR LIFE! He will return to fight the winner of Margarito/Cotto... Their fight will tell who the deffinitive Welterweight king is... Then he will come out of "retirment" to attempt to dethrone them.

Delahoya needs to do one or the other... He needs to either be a fighter or be a promoter. I am not a huge Delahoya fan... Probably because I just get sick of him and his shameless self promotion. I loved watching him fight but c'mon... I'm so sick of his promotional ploys on his own fights and how he just always needs to be in the spotlight... Comlete with him setting up shitty cards so he won't be upstaged at his own main event. Fight or promote. He deserves the money. He's paid his dues but WTF... (I would've repped you for this alone)

Wlad is a boring coward boring fighter... Not saying he's not skilled but he acts much like Ruiz did after he nearly got decapitated by Tua... He fights like he's scared. Is he dominant? Yes. Is he the best right now? Yes. Do I need to like him ? No. (Exhibit A: His laughable paw-fest against Sultan).

Although if Cotto wins this his fans will make a bid for the fact he is #1 P4P... He won't be... Manny still will hold that crown.(nevermind the fact Cotto won't win) (disagree with most of this, but respect your opinion)

Cotto vs Margarito is one of those fights that come along like 2 or three times a lifetime... A fight that can live up to its own hype. (you bet) It will... and Margarito will walk away cut, battered, bruised and VICTORIOUS! (again... disagree)

Michael Katsidis will will bounce back from his heartbreaking loss to Ring Mag Champ Joel Casamayor by demoralizing Juan Diaz... Juan, not the best fighter to come back against after your loss to Nate Campbell... Not a good decision at all... But all the credit to him for not coming back to a 24-15 fighter...

Bernard will loss to Pavlik but the fight will be ugly. Nard will not(contrary to what some might think) hit the canvas. He will know he was in a fight though... He will blame age for loss. (precisely!! I posted the same thing in another thread).

Kelly Pavlik IS the centerpiece of American boxing... (agreed)

Mosley could have been much bigger then he is today... MUCH bigger. It was due to lack luster management and his own stubborn personality that got him where he is(atop the div... but not commanding the money he probably could)

Jeff Lacy is an enigma to me... The man shows that he can do all kinds of thing... Decent jab... decent movement... good chin and power in both hands but he fights like he's learned nothing since being dismantled by Joe C. He shows flashes of good boxing and then just... reverts. He peaked 2 yrs ago.(sorry JT but I think it's true)

Manny does not have a friggin shot against an in-shape DLH... Sorry... No shot. (yes... but that's not a prop to DLH. Manny is the much, much, smaller man).

JMM beats Casamayor... Come back to this thread and rub it in may face if you don't think so. Casa most likely used the rest of what he had in the tank against Kats...

Joe C and his handlers care more about his undefeated record then his legacy... That's why he won't have one. I like Joe. I am a fan of sorts. I didn't root for him against Hopkins kuz I'm a big Hop fan but I like him. He needs to fight Pavlik and then he's the man in my book. He gets MUCH more credit in my book for fighting Kelly then Roy... Roy is past it and although dangerous... Not to Joe and we all know that... He must thing the fans are dumb cuz he's been trating us like that for most of his career.(can't say that thought hasn't crossed my mind at times)

Have a good day (you too)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley could have been much bigger then he is today... MUCH bigger.
    ..... only if he had taken even more steroids

Good post, Pride!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Delahoya needs to do one or the other... He needs to either be a fighter or be a promoter. I am not a huge Delahoya fan... Probably because I just get sick of him and his shameless self promotion. I loved watching him fight but c'mon... I'm so sick of his promotional ploys on his own fights and how he just always needs to be in the spotlight... Comlete with him setting up shitty cards so he won't be upstaged at his own main event. Fight or promote. He deserves the money. He's paid his dues but WTF...

Wlad is a boring coward boring fighter... Not saying he's not skilled but he acts much like Ruiz did after he nearly got decapitated by Tua... He fights like he's scared. Is he dominant? Yes. Is he the best right now? Yes. Do I need to like him ? No.

Although if Cotto wins this his fans will make a bid for the fact he is #1 P4P... He won't be... Manny still will hold that crown.(nevermind the fact Cotto won't win)

Cotto vs Margarito is one of those fights that come along like 2 or three times a lifetime... A fight that can live up to its own hype. It will... and Margarito will walk away cut, battered, bruised and VICTORIOUS!

Bernard will loss to Pavlik but the fight will be ugly. Nard will not(contrary to what some might think) hit the canvas. He will know he was in a fight though... He will blame age for loss.

Joe C and his handlers care more about his undefeated record then his legacy... That's why he won't have one. I like Joe. I am a fan of sorts. I didn't root for him against Hopkins kuz I'm a big Hop fan but I like him. He needs to fight Pavlik and then he's the man in my book. He gets MUCH more credit in my book for fighting Kelly then Roy... Roy is past it and although dangerous... Not to Joe and we all know that... He must thing the fans are dumb cuz he's been trating us like that for most of his career.

Have a good day

Dont agree with all of it but props for typing it out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have a good day
    Yep. Don't agree with it all but thats what Forums are for, to voice your opinion!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have a good day
    -I agree with your assessment of Floyd.

-No comment on Gamboa, don't really follow him.

-I'm also very tired of De La Hoya! I don't think he should fight anymore period. I feel he's swaying great fighters from fighting other great fighters in order for the payday that comes with fighting him.

-I used to think he was a overly cautious fighter, but now I just realize that Steward and Wlad both know he has a glass chin and can't afford to take a big shot. I've accepted it along with the terrible shape the heavyweight division is in.

-I see Cotto's ability to box and slug being the difference. Also, his body work will do a number on Margarito. I think Cotto can move up to #3 possibly #2 P4P but def not #1.

-When predictions happened a while ago, I think only you and I were really sure that Kats will win against Diaz. I still have the same opinion. Kats rises from adversity and Diaz folds, it's that simple.

-Agree completely on the Hopkins/Pavlik fight.

-Don't really care who wins between Dawson and Tarver really.

-Lacy is like my little brother. He knows what's wrong with him, but he just won't change!! The beating that Calzaghe gave him had to have left a dent. I think he should try to move up in weight cause his stamina is just awful!

-I was skeptical of Manny going into the lightweight division. I'm terrified of him going up to 140 to fight Hatton. You can see where I'm going with this when it comes to him fighting De La Hoya at 147...

-I think Casamayor's rough housing will bother JMM. I will be routing for Marquez though.

-I think Joe's legacy is easily debatable. I think a victory over Pavlik will shut a lot of his skeptics up. But a loss will sure bring up "I told you so's"

AWESOME STUFF POB!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good read POB,
    Really enjoyed the read and I like well thought posts like this one...

Good stuff

SigmaMu Guest

POB...You forgot to mention that Peter Manfredo Jr. will someday be a champion of what weight division?

El Kabong Guest

I'd mention Wlad has fought 2 southpaws in a row.....something that's a rareity in the heavyweight division and not so easy to look good against. I await the Povetkin fight but not the "Povetkin is too green and no threat and never was any good" bullcrap that will come after the fight.

But this arguement will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yessssss... My Margarito Pick came true...

Forgot one...

Clotty beats Zab and then Clotty takes Berto's title.
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Thread Information