Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This needs bringing up: HBO and its grosse bias!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default This needs bringing up: HBO and its grosse bias!

I felt sick watching Cotto/Margarito after every round they only showed Cottos good work they chose to speak over Tonys good work then break off when Cotto scrored a pitter patter left hook it was sick!

Then the worst comment of them all after the sixth a round in which Tony clearly dominated we had this:

Max Kellerman: Cotto is clearly dominating this round and the fight

WTF.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: This needs bringing up: HBO and its grosse bias!

I didn't feel there was any bias. The reason they were interupting Marg's offense is because for the majority of the early rounds, MArg was throwing a bunch of shots that were hitting his arms and shoulders, and Cotto was answering with clean punches that snapped Marg's head back.

I did get the feeling that Lampley was sad to see Cotto quit like that though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah I thought the same, they really wanted to ignore anything Toni did

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto pitter pat left hook? Margarito clearly dominated the 6th?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    Cotto pitter pat left hook? Margarito clearly dominated the 6th?

Dont.

Margarito would hammer Cotto and they would be talking about a shot Cotto landed 30secs ago Cotto would get a shot off and "hard right hand from Miguel Cotto"

And yes the 6th round was when the fight was won imo Cotto kinda gave up it seemed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdarkus View Post
    I felt sick watching Cotto/Margarito after every round they only showed Cottos good work they chose to speak over Tonys good work then break off when Cotto scrored a pitter patter left hook it was sick!

Then the worst comment of them all after the sixth a round in which Tony clearly dominated we had this:

WTF.
    Have you watched a boxing fight before? Getting hit, and hitting a person's gloves, shoulders and arms doesn't win you a fight. Tony wasn't doing any good work in the first 6 rounds except the fact he broke Cotto's nose. And Cotto wasn't landing pitterpat left hooks, do you have ears? Could you hear how hard they were landing? Even Margarito's head was being snapped back, and I've never seen that before from Tony.

Tony never hammered Cotto in the first 6 rounds or really after that, He isn't that caliber of puncher. Just like MAyweather can't really hammer a guy. Margarito is one of the those guys you watch the opponent slowly deteriorate and sort of wonder how it happened because he landed know really noticeably hard punches, yet the guys face looks rearranged.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

WTF.
    Have you watched a boxing fight before? Getting hit, and hitting a person's gloves, shoulders and arms doesn't win you a fight. Tony wasn't doing any good work in the first 6 rounds except the fact he broke Cotto's nose. And Cotto wasn't landing pitterpat left hooks, do you have ears? Could you hear how hard they were landing? Even Margarito's head was being snapped back, and I've never seen that before from Tony.

Tony never hammered Cotto in the first 6 rounds or really after that, He isn't that caliber of puncher. Just like MAyweather can't really hammer a guy. Margarito is one of the those guys you watch the opponent slowly deteriorate and sort of wonder how it happened because he landed know really noticeably hard punches, yet the guys face looks rearranged.

Tony wasn't doing any good work for the first 6 rounds? come on man he hurt Cotto to the body many times, yeah Cotto was landing the better shots but Tony was catching him as well. and to say he didn't hammer Cotto after the 6th? watch it again dude look at Cotto's face he was hammered pretty hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought lamply was going to break into tears when dlh beat vargas many moons ago
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Lampley has been and is a clear fan boy for the house fighters.He calls shots that clearly miss repeatedly and is very good at suggesting and reading things into situations

Last night,end of 1st Cotto lands one-two on the frontal trunks and bayliss tells him to keep them up,Cotto nods his head yes and Bows to Bayliss in acknowledgment then touches gloves with Tony.

Lamp's says..." Bayliss says keep them up and Cotto says They were right on the belt line"...........Thats not at all what Cotto "said",That was Lampleys Interpeted spin in favor of a house fighter.Pure example of Bias Imo.

El Kabong Guest

WTF.
    I had Miguel winning all 6 of the first 6 rounds.

Cotto lands nothing that is "pitter patter" Toni just has a hell of a chin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post

WTF.
    I had Miguel winning all 6 of the first 6 rounds.

Cotto lands nothing that is "pitter patter" Toni just has a hell of a chin

Not sure how anyone could score the 2nd or 6th round to Cotto but everyone sees fights different i suppose. I also think at the elite level Cottos is not a murderous puncher it took him 11rds to beat Zab and didnt once hurt Mosley or Margarito the two best fighters he has faced.

El Kabong Guest

Zab Judah fought a good fight vs Cotto...and considering the only other guy to KO Zab is Kostya Tszyu that should tell you how hard Cotto punches.

Shane Mosley has NEVER been stopped and only once been down to my knowledge and that was vs a healthy Vernon Forrest who was a very good puncher until he got hurt. And if you watch the fight you can see Shane didn't enjoy being hit like that.

Margarito's chin is amazing...everyone who wants to KO him is fighting at a HUGE disadvantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony does have an amazing chin but i dont think Cotto is a huge puncher at the elite level. All the top guys he has stopped have been stopped before or since.

He hits hard 4real but he is a break you down kind of power puncher and to do that he needs to get close and in doing so leaves that chin open.

I just wonder weather Cotto chose to fight against the ropes or that Tony cut the ring down that well he couldnt find the centre ring.

El Kabong Guest

...he would have done better to catch Tony coming in while Cotto's back was on the ropes and circling out to trap Tony on the ropes throwing a combination tying up and moving waaaaaay across the ring off the break.

But all that moving and punching, nobody could have kept that up along with getting hit in return. The kid has a ton of heart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good friend of mine who doesnt get to watch half the fights i do asked this very question last night to which i simply could only answer "boxing politics"

How often have we seen this kind of crap going on with HBO. lederman thankfully called the fight very well last night apart from giving 9 to marg and 10 to cotto to which i disagreed.

But this happens all to often, lederman scoring a fight marquez clearly won for barrera, almost flipping in judgement of morales-barrera the very fight barrera became a HBO man and morales dared to criticise.

Foreman blowing james toneys dick at every single moment of his 2 fights with montell griffin claiming shut outs in both fights despite the obvious fact montell won both.

Most self respecting boxing fans dont get lead by the blind and take HBOs telecast as nothing more than a couple of ring commentators calling it as they see!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Thread Information