Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default PBF: You Better Stay in Retirement

Because the guy you didn't want to win, Antonio Margarito, just did. Come back, and I foresee a similar late fight beatdown to what I witnessed last night. I summoned all my sources, my magic 8 ball, my tarot cards, and even my lovely predictor. All signs say be askeered. Be very askeered.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PBF: You Better Stay in Retirement

floyd ish shkeered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.

El Kabong Guest

I don't know....we all saw when Cotto had his legs under him that Toni was easily outboxed and lord knows PBF can stay on the bicycle for 80 rounds if he needed to.

I think DE LA HOYA should be scared of Toni because there's no freaking way he can hurt him when Cotto and Cintron hit him with the kitchen sink and nothing happened....ODH is in deep shit if he fights Toni.

Floyd shouldn't try to fight Cotto either he showed how versitile he was in there with Toni....it's amazing but Cotto's stock went up IMO even with the loss...he showed his boxing skill, stamina, and chin. And yeah I said stamina because NOBODY could have kept moving and punching like Cotto did except for maybe Marvin Hagler or someone like Harry Greb (so it's reported)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I really don't see how Cotto could have done much differently. Contrary to what some say, I didn't really ever see him stop boxing, he just got gradually ground down by Tony's constant assault. Somebody on another thread said that Floyd is more durable than Cotto. WTF? I see no justification for this. Floyd has a tremendous defense that prevents him from getting hit, but there is no way he could actually take all the punches that Cotto took without being destroyed just the same. Nevertheless, I don't think flannel-mouthed Floyd wants any part of either one of these guys.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd would have rathered Margarito win IMO, that just gives him a better reason not to fight COtto who is a way tougher challenge for him. Mayweather would have no trouble with Margarito whatsoever.

As for Dela Hoya, he's a lot better mover than Cotto, and he is a lot more durable. I think he would have far less troubles with Margarito than Cotto did. I mean Margarito was a sparing partner for Dela Hoya, and it sounds like Dela Hoya made relatively easy work of him.

El Kabong Guest

Oscar can move but it's been a while since he's seen 100+ punches a round....infact I don't think he's ever seen that added to the fact that Floyd clipped him and hurt him he may be in more trouble than you think.

And agreed Cotto is a lot tougher fight for Floyd than Tony and that's no disrespect to Toni but Floyd won't fight the way Tony likes to fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see Floyd biking to a UD win i just dont think Floyd wants the pain that will come Tony or Cotto as he will get tagged.

Maybe he will come back but insist on his referres Cortez or Nady so he can elbow and forarm smash his way when inside. Then call on Adalade Byrd as he may want to go out winning a shut out 120-108.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still can't see Margarito beating Floyd but he's obviously hell on just about anybody else. Floyd can stick and move all night. He might bore the hell out of the crowd but he doesn't care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that Floyd would probably win a UD against Tony, but it wouldn't be as easy as some imply. I don't care how tricky you are, Tony is going to land some shots and they are going to take their toll. Floyd doesn't like rough fights so he'll probably pass. Cotto on the other hand has a very good chance of beating Floyd imo.
    "The refusal to respect one's enemies is a weakness, a stinginess of heart." Frederick the Great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think Floyd Mayweather does struggle in this fight for the simple reason that Floyd Mayweather has never met anyone as big and as strong as Antonio Margarito pressure fighter wise...........

Floyd Mayweather lays on the ropes too much lately and he will get hammered by Antonio Margarito on the ropes i don't care how good Floyd Mayweather is at countering or how good his defense is Antonio Margarito will hit you anywhere on the arms/gloves/shoulders..............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather doesn't mind being hit on the shoulder, elbows, etc. ALso people are forgetting a big factor, and thats footspeed. Margarito is very limited when it comes to his ability to move, and he is not very good at all at cutting off the ring. Margarito would chase Mayweather around, but he would be too slow to close the gap, and people aren't realizing there is a reason why Margarito started off especially slow against Paul Williams, and htat was because Paul was moving too much, you can't throw punches unless you have the right distance, and if Floyd doesn't give that to Marg then he will never get the chance to throw punches. Also about MAyweather being the ropes, He was against HAtton, one of the fastest pressure fighters the sport has ever seen(how fast he closes the gap is truly amazing), and a great inside fighter, a guy who walked through MAyweather's punches for most of the fight, and a guy who didn't get a chance to throw punches because Mayweather didn't let him. Same with Oscar for a lot of the fihgt MAyweahter was using good lateral movement to keep the fight in the center of the ring, but even when Oscar had him on the ropes Oscar couldn't land anything throwing much better combinations then Margarito throws. Baldomir(the guy with Margarito's footspeed) was only able to get Floyd to the ropes a few times, and during those times Floyd dodged everything Baldomir threw because guys like Baldomir and Margarito are too slow to land on Mayweather)

Whereas Cotto cuts off the ring well, he has great instincts/timing, sharp/accurate punches, great body work when he uses it, He can handle Floyd's punch as well, he uses has a little better footspeed then Margarito, and he has an excellent jab which he always uses coming forward. I think Mayweather would still beat Cotto, but it would be a much more competitive fight.

People have been talking about the strength of every next opponent Mayweather will fight, but Baldomir was just as strong as MArgarito, and just as hard to hurt. Margarito does throw more punches, and he hits harder, but Mayweather has a great chin and durability for the few tiems he will get hit. Stop acting like Mayweather is made out of glass he has foughten a number of respectable punchers Corrales, Castillox2, Ndou, Gatti, Dela Hoya, Judah and none of them were able to dent him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather would still beat anyone in the WW division IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im a Mayweather fan, but i gotta respect those 2 guys in the weekend. Im sure PBF does have his reservations about fighting either Margo or Cotto, cos a bout with them = guaranteed hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: PBF: You Better Stay in Retirement

Although I am not a fan of Mayweather, I have a tremendous amount of respect for his supreme athletic ability and boxing savvy. He rarely seems rattled, even in the rarer event of him takin a solid punch. Toni is a great fighter, but Cotto was much easier to hit or even keep in the same place for long enough to land anything. Mayweather has no problem movin around that ring long enough for twenty ppv undercards and the main event. We've all seen mayweather hit, cornered, and even swollen. But there is one thing that I've never ever EVER seen, and that's PBF tired. If someone has seen it, feel free to correct me. I've watched him a lot but not every fight. everyone since diego corrales. If he has to dodge margarito for 12 rounds or 200 rounds, he can do it like no one else. the only thing that may make tony marg a tough fight is his massive punch output. usually fighters who hit as hard as he does dont punch 100 plus per round ever, let alone on a regular basis
    This Is The Life I Chose...

Thread Information