Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I Though Oscar Was A Smart Businessman

De La hoya has been one of the biggest names in boxing in and out of the ring because of his fighting abilities and business capabilities. Its crazy to me that he thinks a win over Pac would be good for his career. It is a lose-lose for Oscar and he should know that. If Oscar beats him he becomes the bully of all bullies and will be critized for years to come for mking this fight. If he loses, he lost to a featherweight. Its as simple as that. Manny really has nothing to lose but could gain a great win, though I doubt it. There are plenty of other guys Oscar could fight and probably beat and Im sure theyd be more than happy to fight him.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Though Oscar Was A Smart Businessman

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom View Post
    De La hoya has been one of the biggest names in boxing in and out of the ring because of his fighting abilities and business capabilities. Its crazy to me that he thinks a win over Pac would be good for his career. It is a lose-lose for Oscar and he should know that. If Oscar beats him he becomes the bully of all bullies and will be critized for years to come for mking this fight. If he loses, he lost to a featherweight. Its as simple as that. Manny really has nothing to lose but could gain a great win, though I doubt it. There are plenty of other guys Oscar could fight and probably beat and Im sure theyd be more than happy to fight him.
    Being a good businessman is about making money, not avoiding criticism.

The fight would be a blockbuster and do you think people are going to stop watching De La Hoya if he beats the smaller Pacquiao? Would it kill or significantly damage his box office appeal?

I really doubt it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about Pac being criticized for risking it just for a bigger pay check?
    ODLH vs Pac will make way more money than seeing ODLH face a guy who got a beating or anybody else. Both Pac and ODLH know the money potential here and nobody is twisting their arms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    How about Pac being criticized for risking it just for a bigger pay check?
    ODLH vs Pac will make way more money than seeing ODLH face a guy who got a beating or anybody else. Both Pac and ODLH know the money potential here and nobody is twisting their arms.
    Because Pacquiao is taking the much bigger risk by facing such a larger opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post

The fight would be a blockbuster and do you think people are going to stop watching De La Hoya if he beats the smaller Pacquiao? Would it kill or significantly damage his box office appeal?

I really doubt it.
    Hes retiring after that fight anyways so his box office appeal does not matter. The problem for me is this fight could potentially damaging to boxing. It will gross a lot of money and many viewers who rarely watch the sport will buy it because its Oscar. So for many people this will be the second fight theyve seen since ODLH-Mayweather. So if he cares about building a stronger fanbase for boxing in general, knowing hes a big star, he has the burden of giving the fans and future fans a glimpse of boxing at its best. Margarito-Cotto was boxing at its best. Pac-ODLH is not.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post

I really doubt it.
    Hes retiring after that fight anyways so his box office appeal does not matter. The problem for me is this fight could potentially damaging to boxing. It will gross a lot of money and many viewers who rarely watch the sport will buy it because its Oscar. So for many people this will be the second fight theyve seen since ODLH-Mayweather. So if he cares about building a stronger fanbase for boxing in general, knowing hes a big star, he has the burden of giving the fans and future fans a glimpse of boxing at its best. Margarito-Cotto was boxing at its best. Pac-ODLH is not.
    De La Hoya most likely isn't retiring.

We've all heard the same old thing from boxers. "This will be my last fight".

And then they fight on.

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ODLH want big mopolah muney, Pacman give im this

Thread Information