Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question Who will win, Obama or McCain?

...just wanted to stir some hornets' nests or behives...

It looks like Obama, but not sure; it can go either way...

Personally, I'd prefer Obama, but because of his Iraq stance, I'm forced to go with McCaine. Americans can't just get into a country, make a mess out of it and leave just like that - just as they did in Vietnam. They have a moral obligation to finish what they've started, or else, they'll lose whatever credibility they have, and whatever right they have to interfere in future world affairs. But don't get me wrong, I've always been for US and for them to intervene in any conflict around the world needing resolution. But not in the case of Iraq; there was simply no justifiable reason for that. But since the US invaded it, I believe they are obliged to stay there until their job is done. If you're American and believe that you should leave from Iraq, you can forgive yourself for electing Bush but you had no business re-electing him. And since you've done just that, re-electing Bush that is, it's your obligation to see to it that Iraq is taken care of. Now if you're really troubled by that, then you should blame Bush for the mess he has put all of you into, and if you think that's not enough, you should have him tried for whatever crime he is liable for. I don't see why American president is exempt from war crime charges while others are not, it's just not right nor fair...

Hope my American friends understand this because I believe this is how most people around the world generally think about the situation..

Cheers.
    Last edited by pacfan; 08-05-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who will win, Obama or McCain?

I have a feeling that many of the voters who say they are voting for Obama to keep from appearing racist will do the right thing and vote for McCain once they get in the booth.

GOP!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully Obama. Bush has been a truly atrocious President. The guy cannot even string together a lucid sentence. Its time for a change. But unfortunately the Democrats are going to inherit an economy in a precarious state. I like Obama and hope he is given the chance.

McCain looks like an old Steve Martin and is ancient. He probably wont even survive a single term in office without succumbing to death.

Obama. However, I think what BG said above may have some swing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well religion is an issue for me.

I don't know if Obama is muslim having an African Father.

If he is, he should not win for a country who suffered many terrorist attacks.

In Singapore, muslims and christians, buddhist live side by side, but never a muslim heads this country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have no issues with the peaceful muslims

I got lots of muslim friends

only the hardcore ideologist is what i'm afraid off.

If only Daniel Pearl could talk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Voting McCain to cut off Affirmative Action, That is reverse discrimination and the white folks burden, No pun intended.

Both my brothers have not been able to advance in Rate/Rank even though they scored higher and had more Exp/Time with the WaterWorks about 30 years between them(close to 15 each) but have minorities with much less time,Exp and lower test scores get the job.

This is not a racist rant, But todays whites are paying for shit we had no control over, Enough is Enough
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest voting for Obama or McCain is a bit like voting for Labour or Conservative in the UK . Its very difficult to put your name down for either as they are both " TURDS IN A PUNCH BOWL " , but thats the choice you get , so usually you dont bother to vote or you vote for the lesser of 2 evils.

Here ends the lesson from Dark Lord.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It will be McCain, no way in hell America elects a black man to the presidency.

When you add to that the facts that he has an Arab name and is rumoured to be a secret muslim...........

The only choice less likely was that they elect a woman.

10 miles from Manchester, 6 miles from Bolton
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not that I care but I think Obama

El Kabong Guest

I'm voting for McCain, he's right on the war, he's right on drilling, he's right on taxes, and he has experience to back it up AND if the American people truly want someone who can work with either party they want McCain as he's not afraid to work with the Democrats on something if it makes sense.

I believe that America will be suckered into voting for Obama who is not even a one term senator. Barack hasn't had much experience, what the hell is a "Community Organizer" and how the hell is that going to help us?

Right now with what we're dealing with McCain is the obvious choice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There both decent candidates. McCain is one of the few career politicians at a national level with a true independent streak. He is also a moderate and sort of deserves to be president because of his service to the county.

Obama on the other hand has that intangible Kennedy-esk quality that you dont see very often. Also, unlike McCain he did not vote to start the "preemptive" war with Iraq.(and I am aware he wasn't in the senate then).

That being said, Iraq is getting better and I think despite what they say to pollsters, when they get into the voting booth, many American will have a problem electing an African American. I think McCain will squeak this one out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I'm voting for McCain, he's right on the war, he's right on drilling, he's right on taxes, and he has experience to back it up AND if the American people truly want someone who can work with either party they want McCain as he's not afraid to work with the Democrats on something if it makes sense.

I believe that America will be suckered into voting for Obama who is not even a one term senator. Barack hasn't had much experience, what the hell is a "Community Organizer" and how the hell is that going to help us?

Right now with what we're dealing with McCain is the obvious choice
    True That
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm voting for Peter Griffin...

Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    It will be McCain, no way in hell America elects a black man to the presidency.

When you add to that the facts that he has an Arab name and is rumoured to be a secret muslim...........

The only choice less likely was that they elect a woman.
    Coming from a Brit who knows american politics inside out

Obama HAD a real chance at this election. He just shot himself in the foot too many times. And the mass media praises him as the next coming of jesus, which gets old fast.

Im going to exercise my power not to vote this election.

Or maybe I should vote McCain to counteract ludacris's vote?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPldr...eature=related

Ludacris is so stupid he probably thought that would help Obama. Or he is being paid of by republicans. Neither would surprise me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It looks like it's going to be Obama unfortunately. What will probably clinch it for him is the economy continuing to go south. Americans will not want another four years of Bush economics come November. It's starting to look like the subprime meltdown was the tip of the iceberg and there'll be plenty more bad news between now and November, although I'm guessing the worst won't become apparent till after the election. But there'll be more than enough problems to sink McCain no matter how dirty his campaign gets over the next few months.

Thread Information