Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

It's reported that Team Paul Williams offered Margarito $4M for a fight. Does Team Margarito has a valid reason not to accept the $4M offer from Team Williams?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

He's waiting for Oscar to pick his next opponent. Hoping it will be him. He knows it would be more profitable. If Oscar doesn't pick him, I'm sure Margarito will take the Williams fight

XaduBoxer Guest

Default Re: Does Team Margarito has a valid reason to refuse $4M offer from Team Williams?

Floyd Mayweather refused an $8M offer to fight Margarito before... I guess Margo can also refuse this smaller offer in return...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    He's waiting for Oscar to pick his next opponent. Hoping it will be him. He knows it would be more profitable. If Oscar doesn't pick him, I'm sure Margarito will take the Williams fight
    I've read that Arum would like to punish Team Williams for the breakdown of the earlier proposed Pavlik-Williams fight. So for Arum, there's no more business dealing with Team Williams for the meantime...

Arum can easily match-up Margarito with Clottey (both are Top Rank boxers) and this is also a very good fight. Or match-up Margarito with the ever lucky Zab Judah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is finally in the spotlight, why fight the one current Welterweight that has the best chance of beating him. Makes sense for Margarito to try abd cash in on his new found fame before he chances a loss against Williams.
    If not ODLH he can probably get 4 million or more fighting guys like Mosely Cotto II Clottey II or Judah and all would be much less of a threat.

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Margarito is finally in the spotlight, why fight the one current Welterweight that has the best chance of beating him. Makes sense for Margarito to try and cash in on his new found fame before he chances a loss against Williams.
    If not ODLH he can probably get 4 million or more fighting guys like Mosely Cotto II Clottey II or Judah and all would be much less of a threat.
    Yeah, Margo can start acting like Mayweather now that he's already in the spotlight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post
    Margarito is finally in the spotlight, why fight the one current Welterweight that has the best chance of beating him. Makes sense for Margarito to try and cash in on his new found fame before he chances a loss against Williams.
    Yeah, Margo can start acting like Mayweather now that he's already in the spotlight...
    I dont think that fighting guys like Mosely, Clottey or Cotto agains are soft options. They are definitely the smarter options IMO.

XaduBoxer Guest

I dont think that fighting guys like Mosely, Clottey or Cotto agains are soft options. They are definitely the smarter options IMO.
    I mean Margo can start choosing/picking fights to his liking. I consider him and Paul Williams as the man right now at welter with Clottey at close 2nd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd Mayweather refused an $8M offer to fight Margarito before... I guess Margo can also refuse this smaller offer in return...
    How many times do I have to explain this... Mayweather excepted a $8M offer to fight Baldomir for the unified welterweight belt, Margo had no credibility at that point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    How many times do I have to explain this... Mayweather excepted a $8M offer to fight Baldomir for the unified welterweight belt, Margo had no credibility at that point.
    You'll never convince some ppl. They believe what they wanna believe.

XaduBoxer Guest

For sure, a $4M or more offer from other fighters will be valid enough for Margo to decline the Team Williams' offer... More money and less risks...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To some's dismay.......Margarito is now a Shot caller.If DelaHoya sweepstakes do not come about,I have no doubt he will look forward to the Williams rematch.Welters are frigging stacked with good fights coming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know the saying, "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense." Fans would want to see it, but we aren't what they count on for PPV.

That said, I think Margie's pride makes the re-match, and I'm kind of up in the air on how I think it goes. If Margie gets of early he could get the decision, but I don't see a KO either way. Paul seems to have pretty good beard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why is no-one mentioning Cotto Rematch...

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because after the half way point it became a one sided beating.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information