Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayorga-Mosley Presser! Videos & Pics!!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayorga-Mosley Presser! Videos & Pics!!!!!

A press conference was held today in Los Angeles for the September 27 clash between former world champions Sugar Shane Mosley and Ricardo Mayorga at The Home Depot Center in Carson, California. "It will be a short fight," promised Mayorga. "It will not go longer than three rounds. I will plan on retiring Shane....after I beat Shane, I will fight his boss (Oscar De La Hoya) in a rematch!"Mosley said, "Mayorga's a big talker and I know things are going to heat up between us, but I've been down this road before. All the talking in the world isn't going to help him when we step into the ring, that's where Mayorga will have to eat his words."

source: fightnews.com

I think in his own special way Mayorga has already shown Mosley some respect by keeping it without (much) insulting...But he could be right with the fight not going longer than three rounds...Shane might knock him out early ...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayorga-Mosley Presser! Will there be trash talk ???

I think it will heat up as it gets closer to fight time!

Mrs Mosley's got some bite so Mayorga better be careful she might give him a worse beating than Shane will!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I think it will heat up as it gets closer to fight time!

Mrs Mosley's got some bite so Mayorga better be careful she might give him a worse beating than Shane will!
    hahaha true true

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosely is a tired fighter, Mayorga aint much better but he always brings a good ferocity, hopefully he trains properly because I see him stopping Mosely just like he would have done after he smashed Forrest to pieces, something Mosely couldnt do.

Mayorga still has life in him, he just doesnt take his career seriously enough, he was giving De La Hoya and Trinidad an argument until he tired.
    Back down at the lower weight, I think Mayorgas power and speed will be that much more and Mosel doesnt see the last round

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Mosely is a tired fighter, Mayorga aint much better but he always brings a good ferocity, hopefully he trains properly because I see him stopping Mosely just like he would have done after he smashed Forrest to pieces, something Mosely couldnt do.

Mayorga still has life in him, he just doesnt take his career seriously enough, he was giving De La Hoya and Trinidad an argument until he tired.
    Back down at the lower weight, I think Mayorgas power and speed will be that much more and Mosel doesnt see the last round
    Shane Mosley is just coming off his best performance in a long time against Miguel Cotto.

Mosley has never been stopped, he has an iron chin.
    What people forget is that Shane Mosley is actually greater than De la Hoya and on par with Felix Trinidad.

He beats Mayorga handily, on points though.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moselys best performance is a loss against a fighter that got battered by Margarito?

Obviously Moselys best performances are well behind him, now hes not taking steroids

I just see that Mayorga has more fire in him and always has and is naturally bigger than Mosely, he also has the better chin and better power, the Forrest fight proves both those points.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moselys best performance is a loss against a fighter that got battered by Margarito?

Obviously Moselys best performances are well behind him, now hes not taking steroids

I just see that Mayorga has more fire in him and always has and is naturally bigger than Mosely, he also has the better chin and better power, the Forrest fight proves both those points.
    Mosely is an All Time great Lightweight.
    His most recent performance was his best recent performance agaoinst a fighter many deemed the divisions best. This evidence disproves you're theory that Mosley is finished.

Mosley was seen as Top 3 pound for pound before he ever bulked up to Welterweight. The implicated steroid use, which Mosley has acknowledged saying he was deceived, was for one fight only, before ODLH in 2003. Oscar has accepted that Mosley beat him regardless.

Mayorga was stopped short by an aged De la Hoya. Prime De la Hoya in two fights could not come near to denting SSM.
    Vernon Forresst beat Shane in the amateurs, he is the kryptonite to Sahne's superman act. Mayorga however, is a poor fighter that has been Ko'ed by Trinidad and the formidable Humberto Armanda LoL.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moselys gonna wish hed never signed the fight half way throught the first round, hes banking on Mayorga not being able to keep swinging in those big punches because as he proved against Cotto, he can only throw one at a time and they dont hurt either He aint got enough to keep Ricardo off him

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moselys gonna wish hed never signed the fight half way throught the first round, hes banking on Mayorga not being able to keep swinging in those big punches because as he proved against Cotto, he can only throw one at a time and they dont hurt either He aint got enough to keep Ricardo off him
    Cotto was the one forced on the backfoot after round 4
    And Shane was coming forward for twelve.

Mayorga was in dreadful condition in his last few fights.
    He's only a circus act.

37 guys say that Shane has knockout power
    6 guys say Mayorga can be beat, 3 say he can be stopped
    Shane Mosley has never been stopped.

How about a bet?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Hitmandonny, Shane will will and it may even be a knockout/stoppage.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How about Oscar beating Mayorga and Shane beating Oscar. Doesnt that prove Shanes a better fighter? Thats not how boxing works.

We can use common opponents to tell us something - Vargas fought Tito and Oscar but got his worst beating from Shane. Mayorga too has been stopped by Tito and Oscar but I think his worst beating will come at the hands of Shane. Shane is simply far too good in every department . I like Mayorga and think hes fun to watch but Mosley will outbox him , outspeed him , outclass him , hurt him to the body and take him out with a head shot .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post

How about Oscar beating Mayorga and Shane beating Oscar. Doesnt that prove Shanes a better fighter? Thats not how boxing works.

We can use common opponents to tell us something - Vargas fought Tito and Oscar but got his worst beating from Shane. Mayorga too has been stopped by Tito and Oscar but I think his worst beating will come at the hands of Shane. Shane is simply far too good in every department . I like Mayorga and think hes fun to watch but Mosley will outbox him , outspeed him , outclass him , hurt him to the body and take him out with a head shot .
    Even more condemningly Mayorga had a rough rugged fight with the out of condition - lazy Vargas that was farther from his prime than the version Shane decimated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

Even more condemningly Mayorga had a rough rugged fight with the out of condition - lazy Vargas that was farther from his prime than the version Shane decimated.

Oh yeah

That was a close fight too apart from the two knockdowns that stole it for Mayorga . Shane though wiped Vargas out twice. 2nd time really impressivley

Mayorga couldnt even stop Shanes leftovers.

No way Shane loses this fight

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmandonny View Post

Oh yeah

That was a close fight too apart from the two knockdowns that stole it for Mayorga . Shane though wiped Vargas out twice. 2nd time really impressivley

Mayorga couldnt even stop Shanes leftovers.

No way Shane loses this fight
    I believe you are 100% correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley ends it in 7... Brutal dismantling
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Thread Information