Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Boxing Coverage on Saddo's???

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Question Olympic Boxing Coverage on Saddo's???

Im a bit gutted that i gonna be missing a majority of the boxing on TV due to it being on while im at work.

Also, it seems very quite around the Forum.

I just wondered if theres anyone here who's keeping an eye on the boxing at all?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Olympic Boxing Coverage on Saddo's???

I sky + all the coverage but there's no schedual available for the exact times there on...none that ive found anyway.

I just shift through all the footage till the boxing shows up.
    "It wasn't the night of the jab"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah i found the schedule on the Official Olympic Website but then i had to wonder if the events would even be broadcast live or not.

It dosn't help that i don't have Sky- that alone Sky+

Cheers though..
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know in America it's on MSNBC. If that's helps any. Probably not but there ya go

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll try to do some really lame rbr's for ya buddy.

starting with the next fight.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weight: Featherweight
    Blue: Irmanov Azerbijan
    Red: Jafarov Kazhakstan
    Round 1: Starting out slow, blue jumps in catching air, right left hook from blue misses, slow pace, straight left from blue misses, posturing, both guys waiting to counter I think, blue with a lead left misseslooping left scores over the jab of red. straight right lands for red and he moves out just in time.
    Blue: 1 Red: 1
    Round 2: More posturing low punch output from both guys, blue landing a few short punches inside not counted by judges, red lands straight right. They trade crisses both scored. Nice slip by red with a left hook. Blue chases him down and catches him with a hook of his own. Ref warns blue for holding and hitting
    Blue: 2 Red: 3
    Round 3: Red dances around the ring, straight right from blue lands clean, still a slow pace this is a chess match. Blue landing straight rights and a right hook from blue, ref stops the action to fix the red jersey. tapping gloves in the middle crisp straight lefts from blue but they're out of range and bell
    Blue: 4 Red: 1
    Round 4: Final round both guys look fresh. little jab fencing contest nothing lands, red charging in behind 1-2's blue successful at tieing him up nice left from blue, blue realizes the desperation of red now, tieing up again, left hook right hook from red both catching air. Blue dancing now running down the clock, bell.
    Blue: 2 Red: 0

Results: Blue: 9 Red: 5
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wanna see this puerto rican guy tonight

McWilliams Arroyo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this guy yusunov may be decent too

i think that every single boxing match is broadcast live here this year (in the US) and most of them if not all are replayed at a reasonable hour cuz the live fights are like 2-5 AM

im not sure if theres anywhere you could see these online as NBC seems to be going after streams

if u use a canadian proxy i think they show all the boxing on CBCs website, but i dont know if its live

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Weight: Lightweight (60 Kg)
    Blue: Sadam Ali of USA
    Red: Georgian Popescu of Romania
    Round 1: Bell, Measuring both bouncing red lands little left not counted, Ali looks a little confused, right hook over the top for popescu lands and is scored. Ali moving scores twice with 2 right hands. 3 1-2's in a row from Ali, popescu doesn't land anything but gets credit. Ref stops the action for popescu to fix jersey, beautiful counter left hook from Ali not counted, this is horrible judging bell
    Blue: 2 Red: 3
    Round 2: Ali settling down a bit nice counter by Ali and it's scored for Popescue, nice left lands for Popescu not scored, another lands behind the jab and it's scored. Nice fast lead right scores for Ali. Ali goes straight back and gets caught looks a little shaken. Popescu nice dig to the body. Ali caught by a left hook and goes down, 8-count. Ali is hurt looks despersate bell.
    Blue: 1 Red: 6
    Round 3: Ali swinging for the fences, now holding a high guard, Ali lands a punch knocks off popescu's head gear not counted.straight left for popescu lands, Ali looks confused, doesn't know what to do. Ali lands two straight rights and both count. Popescu is clearly the smarter boxer and stronger, he comes back bullying Ali to the ropes and scoring big.
    Blue: 2 Red: 7
    Round 4: Ali needs a stoppage, problem is he tends to get wild and Popescu knows how to take advantage. Ali punching inside Popescu's punches not being counted. Popescu catches Ali with a hook another hook lands for popescu. overhand left from popescu lands not counted. Ali just swinging wildly out of position 1-2 lands for popescu counted as one punch
    Blue: 0 Red: 4
    Results:
    Blue: 5 Red: 20
    Last edited by killersheep; 08-11-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blue: Kim Song Gook of North Korea
    Red: Daouda Sow of France
    Round 1: bathroom break missed the round
    Blue: 0 Red: 0
    Round 2: Red lands right hooks 2 score, blue lands a straight left not counted. 3 landed punches from red with one in between from blue none counted. nice left right combo from red both counted they get twisted blue
    slips to the floor. Blue charges in straight right lands not counted.
    Blue: 0 Red: 4
    Round 3: Blue swinging with what looks like slow motion calzaghe style punches. Big straightish right from blue seems to shake up red. Red catches blue coming in twice. Nice take down from blue woulda scored big in wrestling. Red being patient of moving well. Blue looking to make it a dirty fight. Nice slip and roll off the ropes by red catching blue with a right hook in the process. bell
    Blue: 1 Red: 4
    Round 4: Blue charging in swining wildly, red catches him with a left hook. Blue with a nice left hook of his own they trade left hooks both land neither counted. They clinch and red get's a point? Left uppercut lands for blue and staggers red not counted blue charges red holds blue's head down and to the floor they go again bell.
    Blue: 2 Red: 5
    Results: Blue: 3 Red: 13

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The scoring is horrible here so many punches from everyone are not counted, phantom points come in every now and then.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blue: Qing Hu of China
    Red: Oleksandr Klyudhko of Ukraine
    Round 1: Audience cheering like crazy, more intense than a Hatton fight. Lot of bouncing not many punches, clinch looks like they are shadow boxing in front of each other and another clinch. Blue likes to put the forearm in reds face during clinchs, dull round a few tapping punches landed from both guys nothing counted.
    Blue: 0 Red: 0
    Round 2: Red trying to jab his way in no success but he slips and gets out, another clinch. short right hook for red lands blue lands right to the body it counts and the crowd erupts in cheers. left to the head lands for Blue. Red lands great right hook, blue comes back with a straight left and lands with two left hooks.
    Blue: 5 Red: 2
    Round 3: wild swinging from both blue slips and falls more wild swinging from both blue slips and falls again. blue scores with a hook and another slip and fall for blue this time with a little help from red. Red landing some beatiful straight lefts and an over hand left nothing scored. Blue clinches. Red charging in blue tries to tie up and he falls again. Red lands four punches that move blues head and only one is counted
    Blue: 3 Red: 2
    Round 4: Red on the attack nice left from red scores. Red is doing good work on the inside, but not getting any credit, nice weave from blue red chasing blue running nice left by red follosed by nice right for blue only blue counted blue doing clinch to farearm move again. Red lands a nice left blue clinches and blue gets a point.
    Blue: 2 Red: 4

Results: Blue: 10 Red: 8

Klyudhko got robbed in my opinion much more effective many flurries landed and nothing counted.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Killersheep I got to agree with ya on that last fight being a robbery, I was surprised how disproportionate the scoring seemed, the chinese dude would land one somewhat clean shot and get a point and the ukrainian would land 2 clean shots in a row and not get a point at all...but homecooking comes into play everywhere I guess.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Killersheep I got to agree with ya on that last fight being a robbery, I was surprised how disproportionate the scoring seemed, the chinese dude would land one somewhat clean shot and get a point and the ukrainian would land 2 clean shots in a row and not get a point at all...but homecooking comes into play everywhere I guess.

But there are no Chinese judges on this bout

Judge 1ZHRH MohamadSyrian AR Judge 2ROSE WayneAustralia Judge 3SOMCHAI ArtitThailand Judge 4ALLOZA ROSA FranciscoSpain Judge 5PARSHYN SiarheiBelarus

It's just crazy to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah your right even if it was homecookin it would only explain that particular fight. Ah I don't know I just like to watch it and its agrevating to see a boxer dominate another and then have it snatched away from him due to some insane scoring, maybe they're doing it so as to prepare them for the pro game, ha.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the Ukraine kid was robbed against the Chinese too.

It doesn't really matter that there weren't any Chinese judges. Foreign judges can be influenced to score for the housefighter without any corruption going on - being in the home country, crowd support etc.. we see this in pro boxing all the time.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information