Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Would you pay for PPV for ODLH vs. PAC

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ODLH vs. PAC PPV worthy?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default ODLH vs. PAC PPV worthy?

Would you pay for this fight?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: ODLH vs. PAC PPV worthy?

If people pay to watch Julio Cesar Chavez Jr on PPV then am sure they will pay for this, people will be interested to see if the Pacman who is one of the current pound for pound best can fight guys that size, it's almost like Roy Jones Jr fighting Ruiz up at heavyweight, not many would pay to see Ruiz but they paid for that fight and they will pay for this one, even those that say they won't come the night of the fight and all the build up that goes with it they will not be able to not see it.

Oscar is a 5 weight world champ he has never really been in a terrible fight and Pacman is also exciting I can't see it being a bad fight.
    J Tandy

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just because they are huge stars fighting one another
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll Pay for this fight even if they Priced it $100. This is Once in a Lifetime fight. These kind of fight is very rare in Boxing. The Best Draw vs the Most Exciting & Current #1 P4P. This no DLH vs Boring/Running Great Fighter like PBF, Whitaker or Camacho. This Pacquiao Showcase. Pac's never been in a Boring fight.

Every Critics thinking only that Pac will be KOed by the Big DLH calling this fight a Fraud. I don't see it that way. I see this fight the way Freddie Roach see this. Pac has Tremendous speed advantage & agree with Roach that DLH's best Punch the left hook will not be effective against Pac. Barrera is one of the best Left Hooker that Pac fought & yet how many times he missed with that shot.

This fight will happen because of the Hyped that Going on around. Many are Calling for DLH-Margarito as right fight for DLH but look around?? Who & What fight they are talking & analyzing about?? yes it's Pac-DLH. No matter if it's a negative article Or Positive article. It both will help in the promotion of this fight. I think all this Drama & bargaining about this fight will go on for few more days before they announce this. DLH will Probably will call this off stating Pac's demand is too high or saying he's bother by the critizism then Pac will Probably call DLH a Coward & Chicken, DLH will be pissed then the fight is on.

Don't discount Pac here. Pac has the resume & the history of overcoming odds & Proving Critics & so experts wrong. This is one of them. By the time you guys watched all the 24/7 stuff & the Historical significance of this fight sink in. I bet you can't resist clicking the Buy button on your remote.

You guys want to save money of PPV? Call friends & Family & have a potluck. here some how we Party every Pac fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbCSrBpKiVI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am praying for an upset win for PAC, but I would not want to pay watching it I might get a heart attack seeing it live.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacdbest2 View Post
    I'll Pay for this fight even if they Priced it $100. This is Once in a Lifetime fight. These kind of fight is very rare in Boxing. The Best Draw vs the Most Exciting & Current #1 P4P. This no DLH vs Boring/Running Great Fighter like PBF, Whitaker or Camacho. This Pacquiao Showcase. Pac's never been in a Boring fight.

Every Critics thinking only that Pac will be KOed by the Big DLH calling this fight a Fraud. I don't see it that way. I see this fight the way Freddie Roach see this. Pac has Tremendous speed advantage & agree with Roach that DLH's best Punch the left hook will not be effective against Pac. Barrera is one of the best Left Hooker that Pac fought & yet how many times he missed with that shot.

This fight will happen because of the Hyped that Going on around. Many are Calling for DLH-Margarito as right fight for DLH but look around?? Who & What fight they are talking & analyzing about?? yes it's Pac-DLH. No matter if it's a negative article Or Positive article. It both will help in the promotion of this fight. I think all this Drama & bargaining about this fight will go on for few more days before they announce this. DLH will Probably will call this off stating Pac's demand is too high or saying he's bother by the critizism then Pac will Probably call DLH a Coward & Chicken, DLH will be pissed then the fight is on.

Don't discount Pac here. Pac has the resume & the history of overcoming odds & Proving Critics & so experts wrong. This is one of them. By the time you guys watched all the 24/7 stuff & the Historical significance of this fight sink in. I bet you can't resist clicking the Buy button on your remote.

You guys want to save money of PPV? Call friends & Family & have a potluck. here some how we Party every Pac fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbCSrBpKiVI
    Yeah i didn't pay for that fight either.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted no...but i'd buy it anywayz..
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: ODLH vs. PAC PPV worthy?

I really don't want to see this fight. Total mismatch in my opinion.

I voted No, but I've paid for fights in the past that I would've voted No for! Most likely, I would just stream the fight... Money is tight nowadays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd pay for it,but cant see this being a PPV in the UK anyway! If the fight ends up on SKY (which I got a feeling it will be) i'll end up paying for it anyway as I aint got Sky and i'll get it for the month,its not that expensive! I'd spend 10times the amount of the Sky fee if I went out on the piss that night anyway

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd buy it

Then again I cant think of a boxing PPV I havent bought. I even paid to see Hopkins vs Hackar on ppv. Im sure I wont be th eonly 1 buying it. The fight will do well at the box office aswel and even though it ruins a potential classic in Ricky vs Pac , it will be a good way for a boxing legend like Oscar De La Hoya to bow out - Big name opponent and a n impressive K.O win . Its not often boxers end on a high. Oscar has been such a sucess story I think he deserves it .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    I'd buy it

Then again I cant think of a boxing PPV I havent bought. I even paid to see Hopkins vs Hackar on ppv. Im sure I wont be th eonly 1 buying it. The fight will do well at the box office aswel and even though it ruins a potential classic in Ricky vs Pac , it will be a good way for a boxing legend like Oscar De La Hoya to bow out - Big name opponent and a n impressive K.O win . Its not often boxers end on a high. Oscar has been such a sucess story I think he deserves it .
    I don't remember that. On Sky?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'd buy it

It was on sky but not sky sports. we got the American coverage of it and it was on one of the other random channels . Tua vs Rahman 2 was on the same bill.. Absolutley awful coverage it was! Went off air randomly and had breaks whenever it wanted , then it would have long quiet periods where we would just get a view of the crowd obviously whilst the colonel was taking his seat. It may have been on Setanta actually b4 it got famous.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I'd buy it

It was on sky but not sky sports. we got the American coverage of it and it was on one of the other random channels . Tua vs Rahman 2 was on the same bill.. Absolutley awful coverage it was! Went off air randomly and had breaks whenever it wanted , then it would have long quiet periods where we would just get a view of the crowd obviously whilst the colonel was taking his seat. It may have been on Setanta actually b4 it got famous.
    Yeah, must have been early Setanta (that's why i don't recall it). I wasn't able to see the Eastman-Hopkins fight because my cable box didn't have Setanta
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm paying for it so it's worth it to me.

Whether it's really worthy of PPV I have no clue; though both are huge names so it would make less sense seeing them fight and it not be on PPV.

Though I would have rather payed to see PAC/Mayweather; but I suppose if PAC wins against Oscar I could see that fight being made quick.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jmbtandy View Post
    If people pay to watch Julio Cesar Chavez Jr on PPV then am sure they will pay for this, people will be interested to see if the Pacman who is one of the current pound for pound best can fight guys that size, it's almost like Roy Jones Jr fighting Ruiz up at heavyweight, not many would pay to see Ruiz but they paid for that fight and they will pay for this one, even those that say they won't come the night of the fight and all the build up that goes with it they will not be able to not see it.

Oscar is a 5 weight world champ he has never really been in a terrible fight and Pacman is also exciting I can't see it being a bad fight.
    Oscar is actually a 6 weight world champ.

Yes without a doubt I would pay to see this fight. 2 of my favourite all time fighters mismatch or not.

Thread Information