Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default some stomache help

i have been training my stomach muscles for a long time as abs are a big part of power punching. i have quite strong ab muscles but now i face the problem of being unable to see them unless i have just done situps. i am not fat i am average. Ive just turned 15 and weigh almost 10st and am 5'11. i would like ways for my stomach muscles to begin to show so that i have more power in my punches and trainers in the gym take me more seriously as i am more chiselled and likely to be a good boxer. any help and advice given to help my stomach muscles show would be much appreciated and i take training very seriously and am committed so am willing to start and stick to most things. thank you very much for any help

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: some stomache help

The only way to get a real six pack is to have large defined abdominal muscles, your only 15 so its gonna be a while before your body has the ability to really develop muscles.

I wouldn't be too worried about what they [i]look['i] like, thats not why we train and every trainer I know would never judge some one over their muscle mass or definition. Focus on your performance, eat, sleep and live healthy and just get stuck into your training.

your only young, it takes time and trust me you have alot of it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks alot adam. i just want to do this boxing thing seriously as i want to take it further than just a hobby if i can. i would put in the effort i just need a good trainer but im going to start going to a boxing gym 2 times a week and if that is good and i still have enough energy i will strat going more. i dont suppose u can think up any regimes for me that will help me become a better boxer overall. i am very committed to boxing and would like a regime that challenges me and helps me become an overall better boxer. if anyone would be kind enough to help me with that then i would be very thankful as i would like to start my training as soon as possible. i already do:
    chest, tricep, legs, shoulders, back, bicep. i work 2 each day and do it 6 days a week.
    i do 100 pressups every night night but in sets of 20.
    200-300 crossover sit ups (left elbow to right knee and visa versa) every night.
    work forearms with those grippers everyday
    i have a heavy bag and speed bag but do not know how much to do on each and i have a jump rope which i am going to start doing. i need some more cardio-vascular in there an anything else that will help me.
    i am committed to boxing and so do not take training lightly and any help with my training regime would be much appreciated as i would like to become as good a boxer as i can. thank you very much for any help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abs are mainly a result of having low bodyfat levels along with a genetic propensity to develop the musculature. If your bodyfat is low and you don't have highly visible abs you probably will never have them.

Some people can have extremly low bodyfat with strong abs yet still not have highly visible abs. Jermain Taylor is a good example here.

What's important is that your abs are strong not what they look like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abs, your back, arms, Legs mostly have to do with power. All the power comes from the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by roy jones jr
    i would like ways for my stomach muscles to begin to show so that i have more power in my punches
    As someone said, how much stomach muscles show is absolute no indication of how powerful your punches are. So your persuit of a harder punches shouldn't corrospond to your persuit of more visible abs... Someone with chiseled abs could punch like crap and a lard a$$ could punch like a champ... So forget about looks... BUT if you really are determined to have visible abs (for the sake of others being able to see them which is about the only benifit) you could try doing weighted crunches and things like that.. try to make your reps as hard as possible. And of course, you'll need to drop your body fat percentage...

And again, if you see a guy in the gym with ripped abs, do not take that as a fact he's got a hard punch.. and don't underestimate the guy with a bit of a gut as he may be one of the biggest warriors in your gym...

~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and don't underestimate the guy with a bit of a gut as he may be one of the biggest warriors in your gym...

I do believe Butterbean would agree with you on that one...

I've got some great stomache muscles, but because of stupid genetics and whatnot, you cant see them at all. But I know they're there, and whenever I punch, the other person finds out they're there. That's all the proof you should ever have to give.
    Boxing is like a handjob, and MMA is like a hot sweaty orgy with 5 chicks. I could never say no to a handjob, but which would you rather have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thanks alot i can see what you say about how visible they are isnt important although it would be nice. could any1 explain how to do a crunch as i would like to do them. it would benefit me more and as alot of punching power comes from your abs i may as well make them all they can be so i can become all i can be. thanks alot for the help ive recieved and if any more comes that would be great cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also another thing if someone could please tell me what a plyometric pushup is cause alot of boxers use it in their regime but i have no idea what it is

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its just a posh word for military press ups (a push up with a clap) you have to explosivley push your self up and clap with your upper body raised.

Try and get your nose broken from a punch and not from landing face first if you can...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A crunch is kind of like a sit up but you don't go up all the way.. Some ppl say it's for weaklings, but situps only work the abs to a certain point where they are fully contracted & then your back takes over...
    For someone with an absolutely f*d lower back arch, situps going all the way leave me in paid for days..
    Anyway, so lay down like your going to do a situp, put your hands behind your head, and basically do a sit up as far as you can with your eyes facing directly up..  With a normal sit up you usually have your hands pull your head forward so your chin kind of tucks into your chest...  With the crunch you keep your head paralel to the ground and face the ceiling directly above you at all times..  You'll get to the point where you can't go up any further without tilting your head in, and after that point your back takes over anyway....  Because you are only doing a small range of movements, it's easy to balance a large weight or 2 on your stomach. Just put a towel in between them to stop them sliding off your abs..  If you figure out a way to hold them there you could really put as much weight as you wanted on your stomach...
    Adding a lot of weight & lowering your reps is probably more affective for bigger abs than doing 100 - 300 without weights...  For boxing training though, it would pay to mix them up and do both...Â
    ~ He thinks he's a Tornado,,,... F'ckn real Tornado is comin'...! ~Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got me a six pack bro... and im ur age.. im in the boxing gym everyday.... i do a lot of sit ups...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i have heard alot of 6 pack now i want to know how u get a 8pack ^^ my causin has 8 pack he said walking long distances gives u 8 pack :P is this true ^^

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No

Thread Information