Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hopkins vs Taylor. My boy lost. Respect to Taylor...that was a gotdam good fight

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins vs Taylor. My boy lost. Respect to Taylor...that was a gotdam good fight

Firstly, I'm no Hopkins or Taylor fan so I'm not in any camp. The fight was close for me and yes I'll admit it was the first time I had seen Taylor box so the predictions on the forum really influenced my opinion and based on what was said I went for Hopkins. That said during the fight I scored rounds 3, 5, and 9-12 for Hopkins therefore reaching a draw.

However, that said I did watch this with some friends, around 8 of us and again I'll admit there were no boxing 'experts' there including me! however most felt that Hopkins had only one 1 of the first 8 rounds if that and I was really struggling to convince anyone that Hopkins won 3 and 5. This I suppose is my point, to the casual observer taylor was doing more during the first 8 and that's what they saw.

To those of you who watch the fight 'in depth' over and over again you are fighting a first impression and that's difficult in this case because neither fighter was doing much in the early part of the fight but taylor was doing more even if it didn't always score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins vs Taylor. My boy lost. Respect to Taylor...that was a gotdam good fight

Wack2305-Well put!! I'm glad that some of us feel this way. The people were not cheated out their money in this one. We need fights like this to keep people interested in boxing. People are now becoming more aware of other divisions other than the Heavyweights. Hopkins was my boy going in and he still is my boy. I like Taylor as well and look foward to the rematch.
    Play Poker For Fun or For Cash!!<br />Hidden Content Traffic To You Websites!!<br />http://trafhit.com/?ref=271351

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins vs Taylor. My boy lost. Respect to Taylor...that was a gotdam good f

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Hopkins vs Taylor. My boy lost. Respect to Taylor...that was a gotdam good fight.

No matter what anyone says...that was a great fight. I knew Taylor had that won after the 3rd round. Great fight.

All respect to my boy & my younger boy.

Fantastic.

to everyone that was for or against Bernard or Taylor...that fight was fabulous. The better man won. I loves 'em both but that was fantastic fight.

Props to all & to all a good night.

Sorry for the lack of WDRBR that I could not do...my server was down. Taylor done good.

How can you honestly say that was a "Great fight"
    It was TOILET and everyone bar YOU says so
    You did'nt see it DID YOU
    Tell me WHY it was a great fight then..
    Liar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins vs Taylor. My boy lost. Respect to Taylor...that was a gotdam good f

I think tactically it was a very good fight on taylors behalf.most people/experts expected taylor to take the fight to hop in a relentless manner,fight it at his own pace not giving the older man a minute but he didnt.he was sharp taking his time,working in off his double jab,the way to fight a counter puncher.for me taylor won the first 8 bar the third losing the last 4.hop showed his class in those last four but to me he left it too late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup

How can you honestly say that was a "Great fight"
    It was TOILET and everyone bar YOU says so
    You did'nt see it DID YOU
    Tell me WHY it was a great fight then..
    Liar
    Firstly its my opinion...so don't call me a liar.
    If I had'nt seen the fight why would I comment on it.
    It was a great fight because it was back & forth Taylor once had Hopkins, Hopkins once had Taylor
    & it was changing of the guard.
    Boxing is more than just one punch knockouts.

Turd.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight

Thread Information